• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can any of the Jordan-led Bulls team beat this Warriors?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily they would. The Bulls played Defense. The Cavs don't. Which is why Cleveland is getting violated. Thats the main difference

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls teams would probably lose.
The way to beat this Warriors team is with size.

If a team is healthy and BIG (Seems like it never happens thanks to lucky injuries), GS are vulnerable.

The 2000s Spurs and 2000s Lakers would beat this Warriors teams.
The Bulls would not. They did not have the low post player to stomp on GS tiny size.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls teams would probably lose.
The way to beat this Warriors team is with size.

If a team is healthy and BIG (Seems like it never happens thanks to lucky injuries), GS are vulnerable.

The 2000s Spurs and 2000s Lakers would beat this Warriors teams.
The Bulls would not. They did not have the low post player to stomp on GS tiny size.

I am not so sure.

The trouble with size, is that it is easier to guard a big with smalls than it is for the big to guard a small. You force a guy like Shaq to defend in space and he really struggles. Sure, he gets buckets on the other end, but you can still double or jack and force him to give the ball up. I don't think any of those 2000 Lakers teams had the right matchups.

Now, the Spurs teams are a bit more interesting because Robinson and Duncan were both agile enough to guard in space. They might have been the matchup krypotonite, but I am not sure if their guards would have been able to slow the Warrior guards enough.. Those Spurs could have the best shot though, that I can't deny. Still think the Dubs overcome though.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily they would. The Bulls played Defense. The Cavs don't. Which is why Cleveland is getting violated. Thats the main difference

The Bulls would be putting a few people on their asses if the rules were "those" rules.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post. Don't you also think though that the rules of the generation would be more indicative of who could potentially win? When I was reading your break down, it was all under the assumption of modern rules. With the implementation of hand checking, I think that negates a lot of the effectiveness of both KD and Curry. Both are great scorers, but the Bulls with their athletic wings could create more problems with more allowable contact.

I would say modern rules heavily favor the Warriors and with that they could potentially win. However if they played under more contact rules, Curry would have a much harder time creating separation and KD would find him self being physically bullied a lot.

I don't understand why people think that the hand check would have slowed down Curry. I've heard that before and it still doesn't make sense to me. The hand check slowed your attack to the net. If you hand check him during the shot that's a foul.

A bigger thing, IMO, would be the zone defense. That fundamentally changes how defenses play, and how offenses play as well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why people think that the hand check would have slowed down Curry. I've heard that before and it still doesn't make sense to me. The hand check slowed your attack to the net. If you hand check him during the shot that's a foul.

A bigger thing, IMO, would be the zone defense. That fundamentally changes how defenses play, and how offenses play as well.

Great point.

And as adept as Curry is at turning contact into 3 FTs, anyone hand checking him is doing so at their own risk.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you could hand check and play physical against Curry, he turns into your average PG. . Dude is 160 pounds soaking wet. This League CATERS to wing players. The league of old didn't. You can't touch a wing superstar player today or even breathe on them.

Do you know bad the Bad Boys or 90s Knicks would rough that dude up?

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say no. But only because I think that it would have negligible affect. Hand checking is the single most overrated rule there is. If the Bulls are allowed to hand check, so are the Warriors. I think Curry would be impacted most, but not enough to significantly change the outcome.

Everybody grows up hand checking playing in the local park. The hard thing to do is learn to play D without it. Much easier for the Warriors to adjust than it is for the Bulls.

I don't think Curry is Curry if guys are allowed to hand check and use their forearms. He'd still make his threes but I bet his shooting percentage dips to around 40-42 percent. Same with Durant cause 1. He's a bitch and 2. He's weak.

ChrisWebber

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry uses a variety of moves to the basket effectively. If hand checking is allowed, he would not be able to use those moves with the defender having their hand on his hips and using their forearms to prevent them from driving. This would effect other guys like Irving.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry uses a variety of moves to the basket effectively. If hand checking is allowed, he would not be able to use those moves with the defender having their hand on his hips and using their forearms to prevent them from driving. This would effect other guys like Irving.

So the hand check someone prevents Curry's ridiculously quick shot from releasing?

I'm willing to agree that Curry would not be as effective driving to the hoop, although that really is something he does to keep defenders honest, IMO.

I don't see how the hand check notably hurts his perimeter shooting.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes - Absolutely every one of them would sweep this Warriors team easily. The Warriors are a good team, but they are weak on defense in comparison and the Bulls team would leave these kids beaten up and peeing all over themselves

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: That's what I said - everyone of them would easily beat up the Warriors. Jordan's teams were stronger, and more physical. The Warriors are children in comparison
I guess if they called the game like they do today Chicago might not be able to win. But I'm sure those 90's guys could learn to play less physically and run fifteen feet per dribble.

Rodman would make Draymond cry.

ChrisWebber

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the hand check someone prevents Curry's ridiculously quick shot from releasing?

I'm willing to agree that Curry would not be as effective driving to the hoop, although that really is something he does to keep defenders honest, IMO.

I don't see how the hand check notably hurts his perimeter shooting.

Well, I am aware that hand checking won't effect his 3 pt shooting, Im just stating that it would effect his ability to drive into the paint. Curry does drive a lot, I don't think he is just a jump shooter.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant wouldn't be driving to the basket.

Not if he valued his health anyway.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if they called the game like they do today Chicago might not be able to win. But I'm sure those 90's guys could learn to play less physically and run fifteen feet per dribble.

Rodman would make Draymond cry.

If you played by todays rules, it might be different - Jordan got away with a lot shit that isn't allowed today. My argument has always been that LeBron is more physically stronger and fit then Kobe ever was and possibly equal to Jordan as far as body strength and etc, but I still think Jordan, Kobe and a few others had better ball IQ. Yeah, I could see Rodman and Pippen both destroying The Warrior kids.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you played by todays rules, it might be different - Jordan got away with a lot shit that isn't allowed today. My argument has always been that LeBron is more physically stronger and fit then Kobe ever was and possibly equal to Jordan as far as body strength and etc, but I still think Jordan, Kobe and a few others had better ball IQ. Yeah, I could see Rodman and Pippen both destroying The Warrior kids.
The physicality of the game isn't even close now. Just as the jump shooting isn't.

I like comparing between eras. Thru conversations anyway. Never a fan of trying to adjust numbers from different eras. Too many variables, but always fun to talk about it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The physicality of the game isn't even close now. Just as the jump shooting isn't.

I like comparing between eras. Thru conversations anyway. Never a fan of trying to adjust numbers from different eras. Too many variables, but always fun to talk about it.
The question I have is would Curry have any teeth left after the finals was over:lol:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question I have is would Curry have any teeth left after the finals was over:lol:
It's the Bulls, not the Pistons or Knicks. Lol. But it's still a good question.

But I'm at a loss when people compare athletes. Curry, Durant, Thompson, those are skinny dudes. There were monsters playing in the 90's. Karl Malones arms were bigger than Currys waist. Players don't come in Charles Oakley size these days.

Hell, LeBron is about 30lbs lighter than a few years ago. Draymond too, he was bigger when I watched him in high school. (He also was tubby though.)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls win. First off, the two teams played different games because of the rules. If the Warriors played under the old school rules, their shooters would be getting roughed up. If the Bulls played under today's rules, come on. Trying to guard MJ when you can't hand check him? Good luck