• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp updates

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tight end Zach Miller (foot) has been ruled out by head coach Pete Carroll for the team's Friday night exhibition game at the home of the Green Bay Packers. Carroll made the announcement Monday morning with "Brock and Danny" on the Seahawks flagship station 710 AM ESPN Seattle.

Miller, who came off the Seahawks physically unable to perform (PUP) list last Friday, is expected to start working his way back onto the practice field this week. Carroll has expressed the team will be very cautious in how fast they bring back Miller, the team's incumbent starter who hauled in 38 catches for 396 yards and three scores a season ago.

Second-year tight end Sean McGrath and rookie Luke Willson have seen action with the No. 1 offense in Miller's absence.

Below are a few more nuggets from Carroll's Monday conversation with "Brock and Danny"

> When asked which young players have stood out, Carroll called attention to offensive linemen Alvin Bailey, Michael Bowie, and Jared Smith, running back Christine Michael, fullback Spencer Ware, and wide receiver Stephen Williams.
> Carroll is pleased with the team's depth in the secondary, noting the battle for the nickel cornerback spot between veteran Antoine Winfield and fourth-year pro Walter Thurmond will continue through the Seahawks fourth preseason game.
> Carroll expects cornerback Ron Parker (hamstring), wide receiver Bryan Walters (hamstring), and defensive tackle Tony McDaniel (groin) to return to practice this week. Carroll also said he is hopeful that Bruce Irvin (groin) will see the practice field by mid-week.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Irvin can get some reps in.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks practiced Tues:

Some very good news: Zach Miller, Sidney Rice, Cliff Avril, and Bruce Irvin practiced today, but limited to mostly individual type drills.

Zach Miller says he most likely won't play in the GB game.

"It felt good to be back out. I get a chance to do some stuff. It's no fun to watch. I feel 100% now it's just getting back into shape and getting back into football mode."

Pete Carroll on Miller - " We're going to be careful. We're still for the long run, shooting for the season opener, and we'll see how that works out."

In a bizarre twist to the John Moffitt trade, the Browns voided the trade because Moffitt failed the physical.

Thus today it was also announced that he's been traded to the Broncos for DT Sealver Siliga. UDFA from Utah in 2011. Spent 2011 season on their practice squad. Played in one game for Broncos in 2012.

Only one injury to report from today. DT Jordan Hill banged his arm. No information if he'll need to be rested or out for GB game.

Some nice pics from the practice today:

Photo Gallery - Preseason Week 3 Practice

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During his press meeting today, Carroll mentioned that Zach Miller, Sidney Rice, Jesse Williams, and Jordan Hill will not play @ GB. Bruce Irvin will be a game time decision. Reported that Jordan Hill has a strained bicep muscle. Some Pennsylvania sports media report had claimed it was worse than that and he was out 3-6 weeks. Carroll said that's false and he will not be out that long.

WR Ricardo Lockette, who had been a part of previous Seahawks camps has been released by the 49ers. 49ers have signed former Seahawks QB Seneca Wallace.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Ricardo Lockette, who had been a part of previous Seahawks camps has been released by the 49ers. 49ers have signed former Seahawks QB Seneca Wallace.

Hmmmm....they don't seem overly upset on the 9ers board about this but I find it quite surprising! The common train of thought is that the 9ers are weak at WR in general.

All of the reports I was reading earlier this year is that Lockette was best buddies with Kaep, rooming with him, and working extra with him all of the time.

I wonder if Kaep will be unhappy about this cut?

In addition, this move calls into question the 9ers backup QB situation. It thought that they were ok with Tolzien or McCoy as back ups but apparently not if they are bringing in Wallace.

Curious to see how this plays out.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember quite a few 9er fans were really high on Lockette and thought he was going to a breakout player for their team 2013. I think many fell in love with his speed and start drooling over the possibilities, but the fact he can't make the kind of progress like Kearse has, goes to show no matter how fast you can run, there is plenty of other things you need as a WR as well to make it in the NFL. Kearse was an UDFA even though he was a catch machine at UW. But many scouts locked in on his tendencies to drop passes as well and he ended up not drafted. Any Dawg fan remembers how many great catches he made during his career at UW, but did drop important passes that drove you insane.
Kearse does seem like he's worked really hard to improve his game on all levels. Love it.

Lockette might still have a chance to land on some team, but the way he keeps getting dropped in camps, there has got to be something going on behind the scenes. Either he's struggling with routes and/or butterfinger issues as well that isn't improving. I think with Kaep at QB, his arm strength actually can cause issues with finding WRs who will be able to catch and hold with that kind of ball speed coming at you. Thin finesse WRs won't cut it.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember quite a few 9er fans were really high on Lockette and thought he was going to a breakout player for their team 2013. I think many fell in love with his speed and start drooling over the possibilities, but the fact he can't make the kind of progress like Kearse has, goes to show no matter how fast you can run, there is plenty of other things you need as a WR as well to make it in the NFL. Kearse was an UDFA even though he was a catch machine at UW. But many scouts locked in on his tendencies to drop passes as well and he ended up not drafted. Any Dawg fan remembers how many great catches he made during his career at UW, but did drop important passes that drove you insane.
Kearse does seem like he's worked really hard to improve his game on all levels. Love it.

Lockette might still have a chance to land on some team, but the way he keeps getting dropped in camps, there has got to be something going on behind the scenes. Either he's struggling with routes and/or butterfinger issues as well that isn't improving. I think with Kaep at QB, his arm strength actually can cause issues with finding WRs who will be able to catch and hold with that kind of ball speed coming at you. Thin finesse WRs won't cut it.

With Kearse, I guess he had laser surgery done to his eyes during the offseason? I'm wondering how bad his eyes were before because it would explain the drop issues in the past given the great preseason he's had to this point.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC on ESPN 710 radio today. "Cliff Avril aggravated hamstring again last week and likely out this week."

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I heard that also. The backups to the backups are going have to step up for the first part of the season.