• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton and Race Horses

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next horse: Housebuster also trained by Croll.....good night
I don’t know that horse
I remember a Brazillion mare you never heard of.
Bought in Brazil and brought here to race.
She was entered into a Sprint Championship with the boys.
Skeptics said she would not be able to run with the sprint champions in the race, never mind the boys.
She ran the 6 furlongs in 107 and 3. Every pull a winning one. I have never seen any horse run so straight and true.
Wish I could remember her name. I'm sure she went to breeding......
Ahhh I’ll look later!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, can we take the horse racing stuff to another board? Maybe to the Steelers Board? The two Steelers fans seem to have the most racing interest.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, can we take the horse racing stuff to another board? Maybe to the Steelers Board? The two Steelers fans seem to have the most racing interest.
don't feel left out ken. You can join in.

:suds: But yeah we can, sorry, we at least weren't trolling!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't damn near everything said in the OP be said about any past his prime QB with the possible exception of Rich Gannon and his Oakland revival? Though QBs don't usually start declining at/or before age 31. All that running and everything that came with it was bound to catch up with Cam at some point.
I really has to do with the strengths of the individual QB. Brady and Gannon had cerebral strengths so their strengths got better with age. Cam's strength is physical which does diminish with Age. I'm really interested in seeing how age and progress work out with Rogers, Wilson and Mahomes where each has both physical and cerebral skills.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the big deal BK, it's isolated in a single thread and real easy to see quickly in each post. As much as I too find it a little annoying too, it started on topic and developed organically. I've made comments about threads being in the wrong place too, but for those that were never on topic.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really has to do with the strengths of the individual QB. Brady and Gannon had cerebral strengths so their strengths got better with age. Cam's strength is physical which does diminish with Age. I'm really interested in seeing how age and progress work out with Rogers, Wilson and Mahomes where each has both physical and cerebral skills.
With Brady I can get behind the cerebral strengths argument. Gannon though was a journeyman QB who played for 3 teams in 11 years and a career that is the definition of pedestrian at best. He goes to Oakland and suddenly he's a top tier QB legitimately earning 1st team all pro and OPOTY honors a couple times and an NFL MVP. There must've been a lotta cerebral-ness there waiting to bust out those first 11 years. Be that as it may, your opinion is a solid one. A QB like Brady not having as many physical gifts as Cam, has to come up with another way to stay at the top of his game. Whereas with Cam the top of his game was always a physical one.

Of the latter 3 mentioned. I'm guessing Wilson will have to start relying on his cerebral abilities before the other two. Both Mahomes and Rodgers have crazy ass arm talent. But I think all 3 will be just fine when the time comes that their cerebral abilities outweigh the physical gifts. Particularly considering how QBs are protected in this era. I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 played into their 40s like Brady. Though the possibility that once their physical gifts decline one or more may fall off the proverbial cliff much like P Manning seemed to do.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a big fan of thoroughbred horses. Unfortunately, my travels made it unfeasable to keep up with them and online gambling and the lotteries have taken away some of the money from "the sport of kings"

One thing came to mind today when thinking about QB's and Cam specifically:
Od horses generally do not improve.
They can make money by being properly trained and properly placed.
They can drop in class as they get older since they lose value.
When you see someone betting on an older horse based on expected improvement, it is usually a sucker bet.
Cam was never very accurate. They played to his strengths and gave him receivers that would fight for a misplaced ball.
Misplaced balls are getting harder to cath with today's DB's.
There is lots of tape on Cam and he won't surprise anyone.
He is not as fast nor as tough as he once was.
His IQ has not changed unless concussions are an issue - he certainly is not getting smarter nor processing faster.
The Cam we see is who he is. He is not going to get better!
An easier schedule and a little luck could fool you.
Don't make the sucker bet!

That aside, your avi makes me puke.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Sunday, they were the Jets. I think this was the lowest passer rating for a winning starting quarterback in the NFL since Mark Sanchez. On Sunday, Cam Newton was Mark Sanchez. The Patriots were the Jets. The Rex Ryan Jets. That’s who they were on Sunday getting terrible quarterback play. We might as well just bring Mike Tannenbaum in to run personnel. The Patriots right now, the way they’re constructed, they are the Jets. They have no quarterback play.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. I have nothing to cheer about until they make him go away.
I'll find something else when he's gone.....
ummm, you could cheer for him despite not thinking he's ideal. Last I checked he has at least one thing going for him... He's in the right uniform.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ummm, you could cheer for him despite not thinking he's ideal. Last I checked he has at least one thing going for him... He's in the right uniform.
I'd be happy if BB would just come out and say I won't have to watch him be our #1 for next year.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy if BB would just come out and say I won't have to watch him be our #1 for next year.....
I remember Scott Zolak as a starter (for both minutes)... Something wasn't right there and it got fixed. I see the same here and it will get fixed, but rah, rah, rah until then.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a race horse is faster than Newton and make smarter decisions then him

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a surgically repaired shoulder. I no longer have the range of motion I once had.
When Cam :throws" the ball, you'll see him lean back to throw. That is because he needs to rotate the shoulder blade to make up for the loss of range of motion.
My repaired shoulder is in good condition. I can do anything anything except throw a ball.
I'm guessing that Cam has a triner force the rotation in his shoulder every day before he has to throw.
Nothing will get that rotation back once the shoulder muscles regained strength after surgery.
In recovery, he needed to stretch out to full rotation before the muscles regained strength.
Cam's shoulder is ready to retire.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had both Rotators surgically repaired. Upper was torn 80%, Lower was torn 50%. I've thrown a football at least 8000times since my surgery. I can't throw more than 35 yeards with any accuracy or speed. I'm 6'1" and I weigh 280 and I'm not a trained athlete. Cam can't throw a ball 25 yards with any accuracy and that's motion coordination. There's a disconnect somewhere. He's thrown a couple of beautiful downfield passes and hit the target, but he can't do that with any consistency. So were those just luck or does he have some kind of mental/physical disconnect?? The guy is 6'5" 255 lbs and he's ripped. With the trainers and equipment and drugs available for pain and lubrication, he should have no trouble throwing the ball 50 yards through a donut hole.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had both Rotators surgically repaired. Upper was torn 80%, Lower was torn 50%. I've thrown a football at least 8000times since my surgery. I can't throw more than 35 yeards with any accuracy or speed. I'm 6'1" and I weigh 280 and I'm not a trained athlete. Cam can't throw a ball 25 yards with any accuracy and that's motion coordination. There's a disconnect somewhere. He's thrown a couple of beautiful downfield passes and hit the target, but he can't do that with any consistency. So were those just luck or does he have some kind of mental/physical disconnect?? The guy is 6'5" 255 lbs and he's ripped. With the trainers and equipment and drugs available for pain and lubrication, he should have no trouble throwing the ball 50 yards through a donut hole.
Terry, the original 4 ring wearing QB, did a pretty good analysis of Cams throwing motion last night.
Of course Terry amplified it but it is pretty awkward and noticeable even to my untrained never played football eye.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoulders are very complex. I had mine looked at by the Sacramento Kings Surgeon.
To paraprhrase, he said, "you can't throw"
Shoulders are not as simple as the minds of amateur coaches.
(I could beat you arm wrestling!)