• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton and Race Horses

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely......

Totally off topic, you have any favorites that are currently racing? what about you @Pure Steel
None that are current.
The "secret" to my success was knowing certain horses.
My favrorite back i89n the day was Ladies Secret. I watched her 1st and her lst.
She was a prohibitive favorite in her 1st race and bet her anyways.
Daughter of Secretariat.
I remember the end of her career. D Wayne Lucas entered her in a handicap where she was to carry 126 pounds.
She refused to load in the gate. She was too popular to beat in front of the crowd.
They had to scratch her. Best mare I have seen......

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... this sounds like one of those pre-racist threads. Like you come out and say the QB is washed up... and then the next post is "Black QBs just aren't good." And then you do the whole, "White guys can't play cornerback" thing. :whistle:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... this sounds like one of those pre-racist threads. Like you come out and say the QB is washed up... and then the next post is "Black QBs just aren't good." And then you do the whole, "White guys can't play cornerback" thing. :whistle:
back to the Seahawks board with this......

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None that are current.
My favrorite back i89n the day was Ladies Secret. I watched her 1st and her lst.
Daughter of Secretariat.
I remember the end of her career. D Wayne Lucas entered her in a handicap where she was to carry 126 pounds.
She refused to load in the gate. She was too popular to beat in front of the crowd.
They had to scratch her. Best mare I have seen......

I saw her win twice at Monmouth Park, great shore track...love it there....She was a beast, strong frontrunner with tons of heart....They named a race after her there as well....The 1987 Haskell was as good as horse racing could get, I was there as well....Lost Code, Alysheba and Bet Twice turning for home in a blanket finish.....Alysheba blows the turn and misses by a long head to Bet Twice in stakes record time......

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been assuming you are a dude. Wierd or not, I'm not interested. Have you got a sister?

Well she's going to charge at least 5 figures for Captain Buzzkill here....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None that are current.
Daughter of Secretariat.
They had to
scratch her. Best mare I have seen......
im jealous you guys got to see those greats.......

ive watched some of her races though....she was special.........there have been some amazing females ........

like i said i think guarana is a freak......lightly raced.......she would of won her BC.....

But RA was a treat to watch, zenyatta was amazing........songbird, beholder, even royal delta..... goldikova, winx, zarkava.....some of those euro's were wicked.

I always like a dominant female horse......the connections also tend to let them race a bit longer..........

i just watched a lady's secret race , spectacular

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ive watched some of her races though....she was special.........there have been some amazing females ........

like i said i think guarana is a freak......lightly raced.......she would of won her BC.....

But RA was a treat to watch, zenyatta was amazing........songbird, beholder, even royal delta..... goldikova, winx, zarkava.....some of those euro's were wicked.

I always like a dominant female horse......the connections also tend to let them race a bit longer..........

Watch the 1994 Travers, Holly Bull vs Concern.....Holy Bull, heart of a champion, refused to get passed......

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the 1994 Travers, Holly Bull vs Concern.....Holy Bull, heart of a champion, refused to get passed......
awesome horse and great race.

ive seen a few great races like that with just pure heart for the win

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awesome horse and great race.

ive seen a few great races like that with just pure heart for the win

Concern goes on to win the BCC and Holy Bull’s trainer Jimmy Croll gives him a much needed rest, true horseman, cared more about the horse than money.....outside of a bobbled start in the Derby and injuries, pretty amazing record......He was sitting right off Cigar when he broke down in the Donn, was loaded for bear and learning to rate.....what a shame no one got a chance to watch those two run to the wire.....Great story behind Croll and the owner, good read

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also 1994 Met Mile, destroys older horses......up there with Travers.....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concern goes on to win the BCC and Holy Bull’s trainer Jimmy Croll gives him a much needed rest, true horseman, cared more about the horse than money.....outside of a bobbled start in the Derby and injuries, pretty amazing record......He was sitting right off Cigar when he broke down in the Donn, was loaded for bear and learning to rate.....what a shame no one got a chance to watch those two run to the wire.....Great story behind Croll and the owner, good read
I actualy forgot about the cigar angle.............i'll have tool up the trainer-owner thing........

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gonna have me looking stuff up all night lol

That Met Mile field consisted off 4x Gr1 winner Devil His Due, Belmont winner Colonial Affair, BC Sprint winner Cherokee Run, Gr1 winner Virginia Rapids & 2x Pacific Classic winner Tinners Way.......only the 15th 3 year old to win it in its 101st year of running at the time......Beast

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next horse: Housebuster also trained by Croll.....good night

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't damn near everything said in the OP be said about any past his prime QB with the possible exception of Rich Gannon and his Oakland revival? Though QBs don't usually start declining at/or before age 31. All that running and everything that came with it was bound to catch up with Cam at some point.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember a Brazillion mare you never heard of.
Bought in Brazil and brought here to race.
She was entered into a Sprint Championship with the boys.
Skeptics said she would not be able to run with the sprint champions in the race, never mind the boys.
She ran the 6 furlongs in 107 and 3. Every pull a winning one. I have never seen any horse run so straight and true.
Wish I could remember her name. I'm sure she went to breeding......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cam Newton ranked 25th

Week 12 stats:
9-of-18, 84 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 46 rush yards

Season stats: 66.9 completion %, 198.4 yards/game, 4 TD, 9 INT, 387 yards, 9 TD