• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Johnson traded to the colts

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably wanted to a roster spot. They might be really interested in someone. Hmm.

Yep. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the 49ers know what they ae doing.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maybe Carradine comes back in 6 weeks and bumps out someone like Ventrone or Skuta?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get this at all. We use a 7th round pick and actually find a gem, only to later give him up for another 7th round pick. That doesn't make sense. What's most likely to happen is we use that 7th round pick next year on a guy who isn't half as talented as Cam.

If we were looking for someone to dump off the roster to make room for the new WR, it shouldn't have been this guy.

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I still don't get this at all. We use a 7th round pick and actually find a gem, only to later give him up for another 7th round pick. That doesn't make sense. What's most likely to happen is we use that 7th round pick next year on a guy who isn't half as talented as Cam.

If we were looking for someone to dump off the roster to make room for the new WR, it shouldn't have been this guy.

Wait, you think Cam Johnson was going to contribute more to special teams than Skuta or Whilhoite or Celek? What happens to him when Crabbs, Caradine, Dial, Manningham, etc... Come back?
This was about the right now value. Skuta, Whilhoite and Moody are more valuable right now to this team. By bringing in Harper, Baldwin will have to show enough to stay here. If Harper plays well on STs and Baldwin drops any key passes, Baldwin is gone. Celek, Vetrone and Dahl are on the bubble next.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, you think Cam Johnson was going to contribute more to special teams than Skuta or Whilhoite or Celek? What happens to him when Crabbs, Caradine, Dial, Manningham, etc... Come back?
This was about the right now value. Skuta, Whilhoite and Moody are more valuable right now to this team. By bringing in Harper, Baldwin will have to show enough to stay here. If Harper plays well on STs and Baldwin drops any key passes, Baldwin is gone. Celek, Vetrone and Dahl are on the bubble next.

I doubt Dahl gets cut at any point this season.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy that will contribute more on special teams is the guy that they put in more on special teams. If they chose to put Cam in there, I think he could have been a serviceable member of that unit. But no, I didn't say anything at all about special teams. I was referring to his value as a gem as a linebacker, with some extra value as a special teams member of course.

Right now I'd rather have Cam Johnson on this team than Harper, Ventrone, and maybe even Celek among a few others. Harper isn't a return man and I haven't seen what he's contributing on ST, but I know that Cam could contribute more.

When our injured players get back, then I'd consider the possibility of Cam being the odd man out. But until then, I don't see how this guy was the first to get pushed off. A promising young linebacker who went nuts in the last preseason game, and all we got was a measley 7th rounder for him.

I think Baldwin is already on the bubble when Manningham returns, but I doubt he's the one who gets dropped. The one who gets dropped will probably be the guy we just just picked up, Harper.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of this trade. I dont get it.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really don't have a good feeling about this year

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another move i don't get why fans are so upset about

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously, it's getting pretty ridiculous with how much people are overreacting over 4th string players. This reminds me of Nathan Palmer and the overreaction to him being plucked from our PS last season; where exactly is he right now?

Every single season us fans fall in love with certain fringe players, then we act like it's the end of the world when they are let go by the people paid to make the tough decisions.

I have learned to let these front office guys do their jobs after I was upset about losing guys like Nate Davis and Korey Sheets.

When was the last time a released/traded player has comeback to bite us in the butt? Not saying it can't happen, but it hasn't happened in a few years.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Because he's worth more than a 7th freekin' rounder! :gaah:

I was actually hoping the Niners would trade either him or Brooks to cut it down to 4 OLBs, but I would've thought he'd garner more than a 7th. :mad2:

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was actually hoping the Niners would trade either him or Brooks to cut it down to 4 OLBs, but I would've thought he'd garner more than a 7th. :mad2:

exactly.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's ok, we're getting the Chiefs second round pick next year for Cam Johnson and Indy's seventh (and this year's second) for Alex Smith. ;)

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, it's getting pretty ridiculous with how much people are overreacting over 4th string players. This reminds me of Nathan Palmer and the overreaction to him being plucked from our PS last season; where exactly is he right now?

Every single season us fans fall in love with certain fringe players, then we act like it's the end of the world when they are let go by the people paid to make the tough decisions.

I have learned to let these front office guys do their jobs after I was upset about losing guys like Nate Davis and Korey Sheets.

When was the last time a released/traded player has comeback to bite us in the butt? Not saying it can't happen, but it hasn't happened in a few years.

This. its not the end of the world.

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One preseason game (And the most meaningless of them all) against a LT that was just released, makes him worth more than a 7th rounder?

What am I missing here?

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam had a good preseason showed potential. Agreed its not a huge deal but my hopes were that between him and Lmeonier it would make Brooks expendable to use his money to resign the core players.