• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caleb Williams

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest things I've learned in the first three weeks are:

While the quantity of our holes have diminished, the ones remaining are so egregious that they are diminishing much of the good the rest of the team is doing.

I was hoping that lightning in a bottle could happen and this team could find double digit wins this season. I doubt that's happening now despite the "historically xxx teams that started out 1-2 turned it around so it's possible" argument. We're gonna get shut down by teams with good blitz concepts and/or strong defensive lines. You can't consistently win football games if that is the case.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While the quantity of our holes have diminished, the ones remaining are so egregious that they are diminishing much of the good the rest of the team is doing.

I was hoping that lightning in a bottle could happen and this team could find double digit wins this season. I doubt that's happening now despite the "historically xxx teams that started out 1-2 turned it around so it's possible" argument. We're gonna get shut down by teams with good blitz concepts and/or strong defensive lines. You can't consistently win football games if that is the case.

There was always just one giant hole at OL. You just never understood football

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had them pegged for 10-7 this season. I'm not ready to say that ship has already sailed, way too much football left. But I also have to admit I was expecting a stronger, more consistent offense out of the gate, so it's not like I'm 100% confident at this point the team will hit those numbers. Guess we'll all have to put on our hurry up and wait hats and see how the season progresses.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had them pegged for 10-7 this season. I'm not ready to say that ship has already sailed, way too much football left. But I also have to admit I was expecting a stronger, more consistent offense out of the gate, so it's not like I'm 100% confident at this point the team will hit those numbers. Guess we'll all have to put on our hurry up and wait hats and see how the season progresses.
I just am stunned at the regression of our O-line. As a consequence, our run game as well. Some of the sacks are on Caleb (not all). The lack of run game is purely on the line.

It's really, really tough for a rookie QB to develop without a run game to help him along. I would argue it's easier to work around being pressured a lot - you can scheme around that to help (to an extent). When you legitimately just CANNOT run? You're just getting beat downhill, hat on hat every single play? Like, what are you really going to do? You're going to wind up putting the onus on your rookie QB to drop back 50+ times, is what's going to happen.

Can we please see SOMETHING change? Anything? The approach? The personnel? This can't just be recycled, rinsed, and repeated for 17 damn games.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea,this team has let CW down.....no qb I believe could survive behind that line.
Its probably the worst Ive ever seen and thats including the 70s Bears that I watched........

BUt it goes beyond the coaching and oline,its also Poles doings.......
Keenen Allen signing is head scratching right now,drafting a punter when there was nothing wrong with ours when we 100% needed a center.....and I can go on.

A punter has no equal value to the trenches when needed,and we did/do needed those positions filled......punter to me is a luxury when you have all valued positions filled,and we dont/didnt.....

So to get CW to where we need him is not happening this year......I just dont see it.
I dont even know at midseason trade deadline,if its worth trading for one cause the season will be over for us by then......
Well, as far as the punter goes, the bears were dead last in net yards per punt. The guy at 39 was a kicker that had 1 punt. So it was a need. Now, would anyone have drafted this guy before the 7th round? Thats the draft, hindsight is 20/20 usually.
I have brought up the center thing in nauseum, there were three drafted ahead of the third round pick we used on the Yale tackle. Barton, Powers-Johnson and Frazier, to Tampa, the Raidas and Steelers. Next was not taken until the fourth round 117 Bartolini to the colts. All teams that usually can run the ball at will. Center is where it starts. We were privy to a couple great ones in Hilgenberg and Kreutz, From that is where I get my comments of being the first one down field to pick up their running back. That is what I remember more, even more than John madden suggesting the Hilgenbergs playing catch squatted down back to back.

The question is, how much damage do you allow this kid to take, because we have seen it ruin 2 in a row. Not sure when it will happen for Caleb. As soon as Allen starts screaming for the ball in the huddle, we will see what Caleb is made of. All the Veteran receivers seem to be doing is shaking their heads something we all hope is this stupid play calling.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, the league isn’t too mean to him about painting his fingernails.

This season has the potential to be the biggest train wreck in Chicago sports history. The defense is very good, but sick of losing, the OLine sucks, and Caleb Williams seems like he has a very breakable demeanor. After a few more losses, he might start throwing people under the bus.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams is gonna be a star, bro. If you didn't want Williams, who the hell did ya want?

I was fine with them trading the pick again, that Crosby deal looked real interesting if it were true. Take the third or fourth best game manager to develop behind a veteran this year, someone like Tanehill. People just seem to forget Mahomes was a 10th pick who sat a year. Stroud was not the guy last year, #1 pick is benched for Dalton. Daniels looks like he is going to be cut in half by these rushers. I think Bagent could manage a game, but now with Waldron and big play offense with no short routes to dump the ball to and 2.3 seconds of clean pocket, it would not work anyway. You get a QB to dump the ball off in 2 seconds and those clean pockets become 3-3.2 second pockets that you can work the ball deeper. But we know Bagents weakest part in his game are deep throws.

But dont mind me. This organization was ruined when they traded 3 years of first round picks for cutler and thought Martz greatest show on turf was going to work in december on the mush in Chicago. That is when they changed our identity from Defense and run the ball, to lets compete against teams that play indoors, on turf, and in 70 degree weather.
Hiring the Everfluke moved the needle into finding the great defense part again, but he is not the head coach to develop the next superstar QB. He should be, he should be able to explain every single way a great defense is going to ruin his gamedays, should put him ahead of the game, but this Waldron hiring was as bad as John Schoop.

Yes, coaches suck.

Well, week four and Darnell Wright has a back issue and is out of practice. Which means they most likely pull Prior out to tackle again, we also do not know what is happening with Jones and his knee. Jones left the game and returned, Wright didnt leave got listed after. So sad part is I think Davis is back this week. The bears worked out 2 offensive linemen Tuesday and 5, count them 5 running backs. I know, Tuesday workouts are meets and greets to see if they want to even consider these players down the road, but they really need to alternate Ro and Khalil series and give swift a few third downs. Homer played so much because he was better at pass protection, which I completely understand, until you put the guy in motion and line him up as a WR on the sideline against a linebacker. Herbert or swift win that race, not Homer.
No, we are back to waiting for injuries so they are forced to make the changes that are required.

Rams just beat the 49ers, teams pretty even on the injury depletion. Also terrible against the run, giving up the most points per game in the league.
Lets watch the bear offense end up making the rams look like a top 5 defense.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was fine with them trading the pick again, that Crosby deal looked real interesting if it were true. Take the third or fourth best game manager to develop behind a veteran this year, someone like Tanehill. People just seem to forget Mahomes was a 10th pick who sat a year. Stroud was not the guy last year, #1 pick is benched for Dalton. Daniels looks like he is going to be cut in half by these rushers. I think Bagent could manage a game, but now with Waldron and big play offense with no short routes to dump the ball to and 2.3 seconds of clean pocket, it would not work anyway. You get a QB to dump the ball off in 2 seconds and those clean pockets become 3-3.2 second pockets that you can work the ball deeper. But we know Bagents weakest part in his game are deep throws.

But dont mind me. This organization was ruined when they traded 3 years of first round picks for cutler and thought Martz greatest show on turf was going to work in december on the mush in Chicago. That is when they changed our identity from Defense and run the ball, to lets compete against teams that play indoors, on turf, and in 70 degree weather.
Hiring the Everfluke moved the needle into finding the great defense part again, but he is not the head coach to develop the next superstar QB. He should be, he should be able to explain every single way a great defense is going to ruin his gamedays, should put him ahead of the game, but this Waldron hiring was as bad as John Schoop.

Yes, coaches suck.

Well, week four and Darnell Wright has a back issue and is out of practice. Which means they most likely pull Prior out to tackle again, we also do not know what is happening with Jones and his knee. Jones left the game and returned, Wright didnt leave got listed after. So sad part is I think Davis is back this week. The bears worked out 2 offensive linemen Tuesday and 5, count them 5 running backs. I know, Tuesday workouts are meets and greets to see if they want to even consider these players down the road, but they really need to alternate Ro and Khalil series and give swift a few third downs. Homer played so much because he was better at pass protection, which I completely understand, until you put the guy in motion and line him up as a WR on the sideline against a linebacker. Herbert or swift win that race, not Homer.
No, we are back to waiting for injuries so they are forced to make the changes that are required.

Rams just beat the 49ers, teams pretty even on the injury depletion. Also terrible against the run, giving up the most points per game in the league.
Lets watch the bear offense end up making the rams look like a top 5 defense.
So much gibberish. Nothing to see here

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, the league isn’t too mean to him about painting his fingernails.

This season has the potential to be the biggest train wreck in Chicago sports history. The defense is very good, but sick of losing, the OLine sucks, and Caleb Williams seems like he has a very breakable demeanor. After a few more losses, he might start throwing people under the bus.
Mark this lol post

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was always just one giant hole at OL. You just never understood football

Meanwhile your dumbass would have paid 57 million more to Orlando Brown to perform on Braxton Jones' level.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile your dumbass would have paid 57 million more to Orlando Brown to perform on Braxton Jones' level.
Let’s just get WRs to fix the oline lol. Everyone trying to understand football through the prism of a video game.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was fine with them trading the pick again, that Crosby deal looked real interesting if it were true.
Living out here in Vegas and getting more scuttlebut than most Bears fans regarding the Raiders, I can assure you that there was never anything close to them trading Crosby. Not even an inkling of truth. Can't rule out Poles having made some sort of offer, but as for any chance that we could have traded for him, I'd peg it at zero.