• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caleb Williams will skip Bowl Game and enter the 2024 NFL Draft.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get playing in a meaningless game won't help him, but by not playing I think it shows he isn't team first.
Why should he play in the bowl game? His team didn't get invited to a major bowl game or appear in the playoffs. He doesn't need to play in the game. Playing only risks him getting injured and losing draft stock. Look at it that way. It's not really about team first, but about protecting yourself.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that this QB class is the one that GMs have probably been waiting on. Yeah, Caleb is #1. If you're a team needing a QB, though, you cant sell the farm for him. You have to believe any of the top 3...top 4?...QBs will get you there. Heck, you might see 6 rd1. With so many rookie QB contracts floating around, WR FA contracts and OL contracts are going to get really expensive because Id imagine you'll have teams thinking they'll have money.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what to think of this kid. He looks the part when playing, but kind of worried about the stuff coming from his dad. Part ownership of the team and other nonsense.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not mentally tough enough for the NFL. Will be a bust crying after games with his mommy.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
belichick-no-fun.gif

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears draft Williams Lions need to take Rising next year. It has been proven time and time again that Williams can't beat Rising

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JaMarcus Russell with a little Josh Rosen thrown in.
Not even close. I've watched a number of his games and specific highlights. Make no mistake about it, Williams can accurately and at times spectacularly throw a football. He does have a Mahomes-like quality with his passes, especially when he leaves the pocket. But I do agree with others in here that there's something wacky about his mental makeup which makes me hope the Bears don't take him with the first of their two 1st rounders, of which the earlier one could very well be the very first pick in the draft. Additionally, he's a little too loosey goosey with the ball when maneuvering in the backfield, especially when attempting to stretch out the play in trying to create something. 31 career fumbles is way too many for my taste. We already have Fields for that.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that this QB class is the one that GMs have probably been waiting on. Yeah, Caleb is #1. If you're a team needing a QB, though, you cant sell the farm for him. You have to believe any of the top 3...top 4?...QBs will get you there. Heck, you might see 6 rd1. With so many rookie QB contracts floating around, WR FA contracts and OL contracts are going to get really expensive because Id imagine you'll have teams thinking they'll have money.
So far, what I have seen from him, is pretty good. I am still looking at his tape. But I will say, he doesn't have the elite talent that we saw from Patrick Mahomes or Jordan Love. Even though Love's Junior year stats were worst than the year before, I saw the mental tools and the throwing ability. My sense is that Williams will fail, if he goes to a team with a history of tanking quarterbacks. But if he goes to a team which knows how to groom quarterbacks and provides weapons for him, I think he could develop into a pretty good quarterback. We're seeing it right now with Stroud and Young. And yes, I agree. I wouldn't be pounding the table or give up multiple high draft picks for him.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, what I have seen from him, is pretty good. I am still looking at his tape. But I will say, he doesn't have the elite talent that we saw from Patrick Mahomes or Jordan Love. Even though Love's Junior year stats were worst than the year before, I saw the mental tools and the throwing ability. My sense is that Williams will fail, if he goes to a team with a history of tanking quarterbacks. But if he goes to a team which knows how to groom quarterbacks and provides weapons for him, I think he could develop into a pretty good quarterback. We're seeing it right now with Stroud and Young. And yes, I agree. I wouldn't be pounding the table or give up multiple high draft picks for him.
I love the skills Caleb shows, I question his heart when things go south.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched one game just to get a look at him (as a Chiefs fan, Im sure you wont be shocked that my focus has been on WRs and not QBs) and I'm just going to say that I'm glad Caleb Williams is going to the NFC, the #1 pick is untradeable, and it appears that Carolina is the joke of professional sports.

That said, obviously he has to actually want to be great but the Bears will have to get ahead of that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did Jordan Love go to college? I barely follow CFB

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...football player graduates with enough savvy to make a business decision?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to tell how any of these PAC12 QBs are gonna fare in the NFL. They've been playing against practice squad defenses, specifically the secondaries most of their college career. But they will all be drafted high because of their success in college and of course,the idiotic combine nonsense that will showcase their big arms, etc. Chances are 4 of the 5 top QBs taken will bust to some degree.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did Jordan Love go to college? I barely follow CFB
Utah State, a Mountain West Conference (Group of Five) school. He didn't play in the so-called Power Five conference people seem to care so deeply about. It is the same conference Josh Allen and Colin Kaepernick played in.