• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

buyouts

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i was reading a blog the other day that says the rangers might be looking to buy out richards after this season?

first off thats insane! after just 2 years they ride him out of town. how lucky can that team get? they first get lucky to get rid of gomez. they get drury to retire. they get naslund to retire and now they can buy out richards!

anyway that brings me to my question...anyone on the devils you would like them to buy out? or anyone that you think they will buy out?

i honestly can see them buying out volchenkov or talendar. but if that does happen why not try and trade them heck for a 4th rounder even

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Volchenkov makes the most sense. Outside of the ELCs the only guys signed after next season are Kovy, Zajac and A-Train. We're not buying out Kovy or Zajac and it seems sillly to buy out a player that only has a year left on their contract.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its mind boggling how Sather still has a job..soooo many bad contracts over the years.

Tallinder and Volchenkov seem to me to be the only options for buyouts though.

Anyway we can already restructure Zajac's deal? lol..he hasnt lived up to his deal to say the least.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
wonder if zach made him look as good as he did? or is poni making him look as bad as he is?

if talendar has only 1 year left your right it doesnt make sense to buy him out. then again we have a ton of youth on the back end would like to see some kids getting ice time next year.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
as for sather it is remarkable how he does have a job. he does amazing trades but his signings are horrible. lets hope he and torts never get fired.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolans are unbelievably loyal to their guys. Isiah Thomas was one of the worst GMs in the history of sports, Mike Milbury level bad, and they kept him around forever.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sather has a job because Dolan and ranger fans love him. I guess with the Rangers, its ok to be mediocre every year.
His trades are good, but remember, often he trades his past mistakes.

If he was the GM of the Devils, I would have wanted him fired 5 years ago. But I guess Devil fans have higher expectations.

As for Richards, he was the savior. Wow have things changed in a short time. Don't be surprised if the situation repeats one day with Nash.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the only way i would want them to fire torts would be if they brought messier in and then watch the fans turn on their hero messier

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't be buying anybody out, I still like A-Train and Talinder will be traded even if it's for a prospect... Cup, if we do decide to trade Volch he will bring a bigger package than a pick, a cup favorite would be more than willing to give up a decent prospect and a second rounder for him ( at least)

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't be buying anybody out, I still like A-Train and Talinder will be traded even if it's for a prospect... Cup, if we do decide to trade Volch he will bring a bigger package than a pick, a cup favorite would be more than willing to give up a decent prospect and a second rounder for him ( at least)

Agree, if you wanted to get rid of ATrain he'd bring a lot from a contender

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if thats the case i would deal him now.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a shot blockin machine and he hits anything that moves... a cup contender would give a nut for a D-man like him

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wouldn't Lou just do a normal buyout already if he wanted to get rid of someone?

They operate on a salary budget so saving cap space from a buyout isn't that important

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
a train is the slowest d man we have. yes he blocks shots but so does everyone. eventually those blocked shots will take a toll on his body if it hasnt already. buy him out this season or we will be stuck with him for what another 3 years i think