• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buying tickets through the NFL

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using the NFL ticket service through ticketmaster, I was just trying to buy a couple extra tickets for tomorrows game for some friends of mine that are coming into town... Before they show you the tickets they ask you to enter the security code... you know one of those phrases where they make sure you are a human and not a bot. But it says "click here to see phrase".... and then a commercial starts and they make you watch a commercial to get the phrase to get in to buy tickets for 240 a piece for a football game.

I am sorry, but this is seriously fucked up. I have to watch a commercial before I am allowed to BUY tickets?

The NFL is out of hand. This and the expansion team in London really paint a bleak picture of where the league is headed. It won't be long before the NFL is pay per view at 100 bucks a game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is sort of related to this because it's buying tickets. But once I went to the stadium to buy a ticket and I got a convenience charge. It makes no sense to me that you get a convenience fee for buying online and having it mailed to you and you get a convenience fee for picking it up yourself at the stadium. What's the convenience? If you buy it online, getting it in your mail and not having to go to the stadium. If you buy them from the stadium, the convenience is that you don't have to wait for the mail or print it yourself? Just add the price to the ticket if you're going to charge either way. Don't make it sound like convenience.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaker, have you tried using browser addons "Adblock" and "FlashBlock/Flash Block"?

AdBlock removes/skips ads, and the FlashBlock/Flash Block stops flash plugins from automatically playing when you go to a website like, say, youtube until you are ready and click for it to start. The bonus to this is it stops invasive advertisements that play sound that you don't want, and will skip most advertisements before videos.

For example, I just went to the NFL Ticketmaster service and acted like I was going to buy 2 tickets and I didn't have to watch any ad or even write in a captcha to prove I was human. I was taken directly to the sign in/buy screen.

And you get to choose who and what you block, so websites you support (like SportsHoopla,) you can decide you want to allow their ads to go through with 1 click as well. That way you can still support sites you like, without the annoying parts of sites that don't need it (re: NFL.com and LONG ads to watch a 7 second play.)

EDIT: Also makes pages load a LOT faster IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stubhub.com it... Never had an issue and every transaction is smooth.