• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buy or Sell

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have played this game on another Bronco board and think it is pretty cool to see everybody's opinions on different subjects. Pretty much what you will do is since I will start this I will pose a question such as "Buy or Sell: The Denver Broncos will be a top 5 defense this upcoming season." You then say whether you buy that idea in the idea that you agree with it or sell in you don't agree and you can explain your answer if you want in as much detail as possible. At the end then you post your own buy or sell question for the next person to answer (you can answer and ask more than one question throughout the thread).

So I guess I will stick with my original question here of Buy or Sell: The Denver Broncos will be a top 5 defense this upcoming season.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:
So I have played this game on another Bronco board and think it is pretty cool to see everybody's opinions on different subjects. Pretty much what you will do is since I will start this I will pose a question such as "Buy or Sell: The Denver Broncos will be a top 5 defense this upcoming season." You then say whether you buy that idea in the idea that you agree with it or sell in you don't agree and you can explain your answer if you want in as much detail as possible. At the end then you post your own buy or sell question for the next person to answer (you can answer and ask more than one question throughout the thread).

So I guess I will stick with my original question here of Buy or Sell: The Denver Broncos will be a top 5 defense this upcoming season.

Since they were a top 5 defense only 2 years ago, I'll buy it.

Buy or Sell: Montee Ball becomes a top 5 RB this season.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy or Sell: Montee Ball becomes a top 5 RB this season.

Sell, as long as we have Manning this will always be a pass first offense. RBs are second.

Buy or Sell: The new offensive line will yield better protection and run game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell, as long as we have Manning this will always be a pass first offense. RBs are second.

Buy or Sell: The new offensive line will yield better protection and run game.

I will buy on that. Clady alone makes us a better pass protection OL and with the other 4 guys on the line having spent most of last season together they should gel pretty quickly. The run game to the left side of the line should be pretty stout. I do worry about to the right with Clark possibly manning the RT spot as he is pretty average as a run blocker but overall they should be a better unit.

Buy or Sell: Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware will accomplish their goal of finishing with more total sacks combined than the worst team in the league (last year Jacksonville finished with 31 sacks total as a team).

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell. I think Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware will have a fantastic season but fall short of their sack total goal. The good news is that opposing offensive lines will key in on those two and Wolfe, Vickerson, Jackson, Williams, linebackers and safety sacks will be much higher than they've been for the Broncos in years.

Buy or Sell: Emmanuel Sanders gains more yards and scores more touchdowns than Eric Decker did in 2013.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm that is a tough one as Decker had a pretty darn good year in both of those categories plus I do think the young guy is going to take some plays away from Sanders especially around the goal line.

I will say that Sanders will gain more yards but not have as many touchdowns as I think he will have 7 while Latimer steals away 5-6 in the Red Zone.

Buy or Sell: Malik Jackson beats out Wolfe for the starting DE position

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy. I think he showed too much progress throughout the year, and in the last couple games (including playoffs) he was all over the place making plays. I heard he beefed up a bit too. I do like Wolfe, but almost more so in the middle when we kinda show four down lineman. I don't know why, but I just see him as a better fit in the middle.

Buy or Sell: JT will have 10+ TD catches, while DT will not.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't think you get how this game works. You have to come up with a buy or sell question. Since you didn't do one I will do one for you...buy or sell: the broncos will not have another player get in trouble the rest of the off season.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think you get how this game works. You have to come up with a buy or sell question. Since you didn't do one I will do one for you...buy or sell: the broncos will not have another player get in trouble the rest of the off season.

Sell. I know it's a jaded and negative answer and I hope I am wrong, but these guys just seem to find trouble sometimes.

Buy or Sell: The Broncos offense will not reach the levels it reached last season, but will still be the most productive unit in the league this year.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy or Sell: The Broncos offense will not reach the levels it reached last season, but will still be the most productive unit in the league this year.

Sell, while we still have a prolific offense I think some other team edge us out this year. Part of our offense will go simply because they won't have to play as hard because of our better defense.

Buy or Sell: Roby will be part of our start CB line up at the start of the season. Either base or nickel.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. we have in fact already sold you. well, traded was more like it. Fair deal though, we got a bag of 15 year old licorice, and free access to 8 episodes of ugly betty. both remind me of you in a way :)

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy. I can't see offensive numbers (especially passings stats) happening like that again, but if any offense could do it, I'd have to say we'd be the best bet. That said, I think teams like the Colts, Saints and maybe even Packers could challenge us for top offense in the league.

Buy or Sell: The entire offense will have under 10 fumbles the entire season.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ That was meant in regard to what iknowftbll said.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell, while we still have a prolific offense I think some other team edge us out this year. Part of our offense will go simply because they won't have to play as hard because of our better defense.

Buy or Sell: Roby will be part of our start CB line up at the start of the season. Either base or nickel.[/QUOTE]

Gotta buy here. From what I read about mini-camp (I know, it was just MC) he made some plays, and displayed all the athletic ability we hoped when we took him. Super high ceiling for this kid as long as he keeps his nose clean.

Buy or Sell: Our defensive unit will force more than 30 combined TO's this season?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Buy or Sell: Roby will be part of our start CB line up at the start of the season. Either base or nickel.[/QUOTE]

Gotta buy here. From what I read about mini-camp (I know, it was just MC) he made some plays, and displayed all the athletic ability we hoped when we took him. Super high ceiling for this kid as long as he keeps his nose clean.

Buy or Sell: Our defensive unit will force more than 30 combined TO's this season?

I will buy that. Last year we had 26 turnovers for our defense so adding 4 with the level of talent we have added shouldn't be a problem. Right now I would say 35 is a fair number for the defense to shoot for.

Buy or Sell: Two of the 2nd year players emerges this year as a star (players that would be included in this list would be Sly Williams, Montee Ball, Kayvon Webster, Q. Smith, Vinston Painter, Dysert, and McCray)

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will buy that. Last year we had 26 turnovers for our defense so adding 4 with the level of talent we have added shouldn't be a problem. Right now I would say 35 is a fair number for the defense to shoot for.

Buy or Sell: Two of the 2nd year players emerges this year as a star (players that would be included in this list would be Sly Williams, Montee Ball, Kayvon Webster, Q. Smith, Vinston Painter, Dysert, and McCray)[/QUOTE]

I have to buy that one. It will be hard for players to emerge on such a talented roster but I really like a few of these guys. Sly was turning it up at the end of the year, we know they want to focus on the running game more with Montee, Painter is in the running for the RT spot. Two I really like are McCray and Q Smith. Way too much talent around them taking away attention. In case you can't tell I am excited about our D-line depth this year.

Buy or Sell: Denver runs a 6-0 sweep of their division in the regular season

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy or Sell: Denver runs a 6-0 sweep of their division in the regular season

Sell. The Broncos play a brutal 49ers team on SNF and then a solid Chargers team at on TNF. Even though they play that game at home, to believe they won't have a lot of fatigue going in is a stretch. I think the Chargers have a legitimate chance to beat the Broncos in that game.

Buy or Sell: The Broncos will not earn a first round bye in the playoffs this year.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'll sell there. Unless you wanna throw Julius there as a 2nd year player, which he essentially is. He hit star status last year IMO. I think the only one who could get to "star" status would be Ball solely because he'll be responsible for the bulk of our running game and is gonna get plenty of touches to produce. I actually think Hillman reemerges as our change of pace guy, but Ball should easily get 20 carries a game. As long as he's remedied the fumbling which he seemed to do as last year went on.

I have high hopes for Q. Smith, but IMO Sly won't be there YET, and I'm still not sold on Webster. For as good as he played the first 6-7 games last year, he was equally bad the 2nd half of the year. I do really love the fact that he has that almost overly aggressive nature, but he's still got plenty of work to do.

I don't think McCray, Painter or Dysert will ever be anything more than backups.

Buy or Sell: The Thomas bro's, Welker and the rookie Latimer will ALL have 60+ catches.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'll sell there. Unless you wanna throw Julius there as a 2nd year player, which he essentially is. He hit star status last year IMO. I think the only one who could get to "star" status would be Ball solely because he'll be responsible for the bulk of our running game and is gonna get plenty of touches to produce. I actually think Hillman reemerges as our change of pace guy, but Ball should easily get 20 carries a game. As long as he's remedied the fumbling which he seemed to do as last year went on.

I have high hopes for Q. Smith, but IMO Sly won't be there YET, and I'm still not sold on Webster. For as good as he played the first 6-7 games last year, he was equally bad the 2nd half of the year. I do really love the fact that he has that almost overly aggressive nature, but he's still got plenty of work to do.

I don't think McCray, Painter or Dysert will ever be anything more than backups.

Buy or Sell: The Thomas bro's, Welker and the rookie Latimer will ALL have 60+ catches.

Sell on this one. If you had said Sanders instead of Latimer I would have agreed whole heartedly but I do think Latimer is going to be more of a goal line substitute this year then get more of his chance next year. Sanders has been the talk of camp so far and I just think he is going to be a major force in this offense. He provides a weapon that is so different from all the other players on our team that it is going to make defenses have to stay up at night trying to figure out how they are going to stop him while also containing the 2 Thomas' plus Welker when he is in.

Buy or Sell: Rahim Moore and TJ Ward become the best Safety tandem in the AFC (now make sure you see I said AFC as the NFC has some I would say are better)