• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buy or Sell

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll buy that one. I think the Saints come back big this year and are one of the top teams in the league and they win their division. The Ravens and Steelers I feel are just as good as the Bengals, if not better and one of them will win the division. NFC East is really a toss up. The Eagles season will hinge on Nick Foles carrying last years success into this year. That kid played crazy good the 2nd half. I still think the G-men bounce back this year and win the NFC East. The Seahawks will be good, but the 9ers win the NFC South.

Buy or Sell: Peyton will have 6 or more TD passes of 50+ yards.

So just looked it up and last year Manning actually only had 3 TD's of 50 or more yards so because of that I am going to sell. Manning really isn't big on the long touchdown pass as I think only 2 of those were actual deep passes while the other was a screen pass taken to the house by D. Thomas. I will say he will get 2 more this year because of the addition of Emmanuel Sanders and the bigger threat of the deep ball.

Buy or Sell: One of the teams that had a top-7 pick in the draft (Houston, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Oakland, Atlanta, and Tampa Bay) will make the playoffs this year.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just looked it up and last year Manning actually only had 3 TD's of 50 or more yards so because of that I am going to sell. Manning really isn't big on the long touchdown pass as I think only 2 of those were actual deep passes while the other was a screen pass taken to the house by D. Thomas. I will say he will get 2 more this year because of the addition of Emmanuel Sanders and the bigger threat of the deep ball.

Buy or Sell: One of the teams that had a top-7 pick in the draft (Houston, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Oakland, Atlanta, and Tampa Bay) will make the playoffs this year.

I was trying to find that particular stat myself, but couldn't find it. Just going by memory I was actually thinking 4 or 5. Sanders will add a nice deep threat like you said, but I did think about the screen DT took in game one like 78 yards. 6 was maybe a stretch.

I'm gonna sell on yours.....barely. I think Atlanta will be the hunt for wild card spot, but they're going to be competing with alot of other teams. The rest of those teams above will more than likely continue to suck.......save for St. Louis, maybe. I still think Fisher has that team moving in the right direction, but this is gonna be Bradford's do or die year. He has got to stay healthy, and the Rams have done everything in their power this offseason to ensure that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to find that particular stat myself, but couldn't find it. Just going by memory I was actually thinking 4 or 5. Sanders will add a nice deep threat like you said, but I did think about the screen DT took in game one like 78 yards. 6 was maybe a stretch.

I'm gonna sell on yours.....barely. I think Atlanta will be the hunt for wild card spot, but they're going to be competing with alot of other teams. The rest of those teams above will more than likely continue to suck.......save for St. Louis, maybe. I still think Fisher has that team moving in the right direction, but this is gonna be Bradford's do or die year. He has got to stay healthy, and the Rams have done everything in their power this offseason to ensure that.

Atlanta was on my radar for about 5 seconds of being a team that could turn it around but then they already lost one of their best defensive players for the season and the problem for the Falcons is they just don't have any depth on the team because of the Julio Jones trade. St. Louis if they were in any other division I would say they stand a very good chance as the 2 picks they made I think will be very good for them. I actually can't wait to see them play Seattle and watch those 2 rookies really make a name for themselves (hopefully they have bad games against us). Honestly at this point it wouldn't surprise me one bit for any of the NFC West teams to win the division.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops....again I forgot mine.

Buy or Sell: Hillman will run for more than 600 yards this year.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops....again I forgot mine.

Buy or Sell: Hillman will run for more than 600 yards this year.

Sell. I question whether Hillman will even be on the team. I think if any UDFA shows talent they bump Hillman for the roster spot alone.

Buy or Sell: Raiders are third in the division with the chiefs being in the cellar.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell. I question whether Hillman will even be on the team. I think if any UDFA shows talent they bump Hillman for the roster spot alone.

Buy or Sell: Raiders are third in the division with the chiefs being in the cellar.

This is a tough one for me...I definitely see the Chiefs taking a major step back with how much they lost on the OL and really adding nothing to an already pretty average Offense. At the same time as good of an off season as the Raiders had putting that many new pieces together on a team usually takes a year or two before you begin to see many results. Throw in the Raiders honestly got hosed in the traveling department for this season. 3 of the first 4 games are either in England or on the East Coast. I could see them starting out 0-4 partly because of the traveling.

So all of that to say that right now I will sell on that as I think Oakland remains in that 4th place position for one more year but then stands a good chance with another good off season to jump up to 2nd.

Buy or Sell: Von Miller has another 18+ sack season this year.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tough one for me...I definitely see the Chiefs taking a major step back with how much they lost on the OL and really adding nothing to an already pretty average Offense. At the same time as good of an off season as the Raiders had putting that many new pieces together on a team usually takes a year or two before you begin to see many results. Throw in the Raiders honestly got hosed in the traveling department for this season. 3 of the first 4 games are either in England or on the East Coast. I could see them starting out 0-4 partly because of the traveling.

So all of that to say that right now I will sell on that as I think Oakland remains in that 4th place position for one more year but then stands a good chance with another good off season to jump up to 2nd.

Buy or Sell: Von Miller has another 18+ sack season this year.

You noticed eh? I think the first half of the season will be very tough for my team, who have not traveled well for some time, if we can come out of the first half of the season at 4-4 we might have a chance at competing for a WC spot, of course that is a long shot but I can be an optimist for now.

Buy or Sell - Bell or Thomas will miss at least 4 games this year.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You noticed eh? I think the first half of the season will be very tough for my team, who have not traveled well for some time, if we can come out of the first half of the season at 4-4 we might have a chance at competing for a WC spot, of course that is a long shot but I can be an optimist for now.

Buy or Sell - Bell or Thomas will miss at least 4 games this year.

Tatum or Mike?

Buy or sell: Matt Schaub will not solve the Raiders' long standing problem at QB?

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum or Mike?

Buy or sell: Matt Schaub will not solve the Raiders' long standing problem at QB?

Buy. Schaub had better players surrounding him in Houston, and still played lousy. "How many more pick-6's will he throw before he loses the starting job?" I'd say that's the more pertinent question.

Buy or Sell: Raiders ownership announces an LA stadium deal before the end of the 2014 season.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy. Schaub had better players surrounding him in Houston, and still played lousy. "How many more pick-6's will he throw before he loses the starting job?" I'd say that's the more pertinent question.

Buy or Sell: Raiders ownership announces an LA stadium deal before the end of the 2014 season.....

I will buy on this one. Oakland seems to keep dragging their feet on helping buy a new stadium and the one right now is considered one of the worst in all of football. Can't remember exactly but it seems like the deal in Oakland runs out after this year so they have to get something figured out. So like I said I will buy that 2015 will actually be the last season in Oakland as they will play one final year as the new stadium is being built.

Buy or Sell: Nobody answered my one from before so stick with it of Von Miller will have 18 or more sacks this season (had 18.5 2 seasons ago).

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy or Sell: Nobody answered my one from before so stick with it of Von Miller will have 18 or more sacks this season (had 18.5 2 seasons ago).

Sell. Between all the new potential rush talent fighting for sacks and playing Miller more in coverage like they did last season (I hope they stop that) I don't see Von getting back to 18 sacks anytime soon. The one thing I could see potentially happen is that the middle push forces a QB out of the pocket which could be beneficial to Von and Ware. Who benefits most will be dependent on where the QB scrambles to.

Buy or Sell: Broncos are good for 15 interceptions and 20 forced fumbles. (last year was 10 interceptions and 14 forced fumbles)

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell. Between all the new potential rush talent fighting for sacks and playing Miller more in coverage like they did last season (I hope they stop that) I don't see Von getting back to 18 sacks anytime soon. The one thing I could see potentially happen is that the middle push forces a QB out of the pocket which could be beneficial to Von and Ware. Who benefits most will be dependent on where the QB scrambles to.

Buy or Sell: Broncos are good for 15 interceptions and 20 forced fumbles. (last year was 10 interceptions and 14 forced fumbles)

I always find it difficult to make such specific predictions, but with a little luck, I definitely think the defense has the potential to take the ball away an average of at least 2.5 times per game, so I will buy that.

Buy or sell: The biggest key to our success this year (and by "success" I mean winning the SB) is avoiding key injuries and suspensions.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find it difficult to make such specific predictions, but with a little luck, I definitely think the defense has the potential to take the ball away an average of at least 2.5 times per game, so I will buy that.

Buy or sell: The biggest key to our success this year (and by "success" I mean winning the SB) is avoiding key injuries and suspensions.

Sell. I'd have to say that maintaining a positive turnover differential and our success in the running game are bigger keys to Denver's success.

Buy or Sell: Denver will be the only team from the AFC West that makes the playoffs in 2014.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell. I'd have to say that maintaining a positive turnover differential and our success in the running game are bigger keys to Denver's success.

Buy or Sell: Denver will be the only team from the AFC West that makes the playoffs in 2014.

I'll buy on this one. The AFC West actually had it pretty easy last year with the schedule plus some in the AFC like that of Pitt and Baltimore being in rebuilding mode. This year they do not have that luxury. Throw in the Chiefs were really hit this year more than most by the Cap meaning they had a lot talent walk out the door with very little coming back in. 11-5 would shock the heck out of me if they repeated that goal. So all of that to say I just don't see anybody but the Broncos right now finishing better than say 8-8 or 9-7 at best. Maybe the Chargers sneak in as the 6th seed but for now I will say no.

Buy or Sell: A 4th place team in a division will come back this season and make the playoffs (The teams that finished 4th were Redskins, Vikings, Bucs, Rams, Raiders, Texans, Browns, Bills)

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll buy on this one. The AFC West actually had it pretty easy last year with the schedule plus some in the AFC like that of Pitt and Baltimore being in rebuilding mode. This year they do not have that luxury. Throw in the Chiefs were really hit this year more than most by the Cap meaning they had a lot talent walk out the door with very little coming back in. 11-5 would shock the heck out of me if they repeated that goal. So all of that to say I just don't see anybody but the Broncos right now finishing better than say 8-8 or 9-7 at best. Maybe the Chargers sneak in as the 6th seed but for now I will say no.

Buy or Sell: A 4th place team in a division will come back this season and make the playoffs (The teams that finished 4th were Redskins, Vikings, Bucs, Rams, Raiders, Texans, Browns, Bills)

I'll definitely buy on that one. It's a statistical fact with today's parity in the NFL that this usually occurs. I see the Redskins with a healthy RGIII or the Texans with a loaded defense and soft division at the top of this potential list.

Buy or Sell: This thread remains active with relevant buy or sell questions until the start of training camp?!

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum or Mike?

Sorry I typo'd

I meant:

Buy or sell - Montee Ball or Demaryious Thomas will miss at least 4 games this season

I will buy that, Schaub should have a few good games, but once around the division they will likely get a bead on him, if however the Raiders can sustain a running attack he might be ok, some support from his receivers would be helpful too. It's been some time since a veteran QB revived his career in Oakland, but we have had some success in the past, ala Gannon, Plunkett, Stabler, even Hostetler.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll buy, Oakland is where the Raiders belong but the city just doesn't have the vision, with the deep pockets in LA it wouldn't be a stretch to believe the Raiders would bolt for a brand spankin new state of the art venue.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll definitely buy on that one. It's a statistical fact with today's parity in the NFL that this usually occurs. I see the Redskins with a healthy RGIII or the Texans with a loaded defense and soft division at the top of this potential list.

Buy or Sell: This thread remains active with relevant buy or sell questions until the start of training camp?!

I'll buy that too, I like this format, it's fun and can hold a variety of topics.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I typo'd

I meant:

Buy or sell - Montee Ball or Demaryious Thomas will miss at least 4 games this season

I will buy that, Schaub should have a few good games, but once around the division they will likely get a bead on him, if however the Raiders can sustain a running attack he might be ok, some support from his receivers would be helpful too. It's been some time since a veteran QB revived his career in Oakland, but we have had some success in the past, ala Gannon, Plunkett, Stabler, even Hostetler.

I figured you meant Ball ... just giving you a bit of crap for even suggesting that Ball or DT misses four or more games. And you are right that your team has had some success with QBs reviving themselves in Oakland, though it has been quite a while since that's happened. Perhaps Schaub will do so, but I'm skeptical.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured you meant Ball ... just giving you a bit of crap for even suggesting that Ball or DT misses four or more games. And you are right that your team has had some success with QBs reviving themselves in Oakland, though it has been quite a while since that's happened. Perhaps Schaub will do so, but I'm skeptical.

That's right :thumb:

I'll dive in -

Buy or Sell: Manning is sacked less than 15 times the entire season.