• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buy or Sell

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy. I think the Broncos approach this game much like they did the Baltimore game to kick off the season last year. It may be close for awhile but I think the Broncos pull away in the second half and win easily.

But or Sell: Peyton Manning throws for 40 or more touchdowns next season.

This is an easy buy for me. All reports are Manning's arm is getting stronger and honestly I think he has better weapons this season with a healthy OL (mostly Clady), Sanders/Latimer replacing Decker (I think those 2 combined are easily better than Decker), and then entering year 2 or 3 with guys like Thomas, Thomas, and Welker. Throw in I do think Ball is going to keep teams honest as I think he is a better RB than that of Moreno at least as a pure runner. Teams will have to respect what he can do and keep an eye on the backfield. We have a harder schedule this season and the coaches have said they want better balance on offense so I don't think he gets close to the 55 of last year but something like 45 wouldn't surprise me one bit. I also would say I expect him to have fewer picks this season as the play action is going to be deadly.

Buy or Sell: We have 2 of our new Free Agent acquisitions make the pro bowl with one of them making 1st team All Pro (obviously the Pro Bowl players won't be able to play as we will be in the Super Bowl but will be voted in)

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an easy buy for me. All reports are Manning's arm is getting stronger and honestly I think he has better weapons this season with a healthy OL (mostly Clady), Sanders/Latimer replacing Decker (I think those 2 combined are easily better than Decker), and then entering year 2 or 3 with guys like Thomas, Thomas, and Welker. Throw in I do think Ball is going to keep teams honest as I think he is a better RB than that of Moreno at least as a pure runner. Teams will have to respect what he can do and keep an eye on the backfield. We have a harder schedule this season and the coaches have said they want better balance on offense so I don't think he gets close to the 55 of last year but something like 45 wouldn't surprise me one bit. I also would say I expect him to have fewer picks this season as the play action is going to be deadly.

Buy or Sell: We have 2 of our new Free Agent acquisitions make the pro bowl with one of them making 1st team All Pro (obviously the Pro Bowl players won't be able to play as we will be in the Super Bowl but will be voted in)

At first blush I thought it would be an easy buy to but consider this: Manning was the only qb in the NFL to go over 40 last season, and that was only the second time in his career he'd done it. Add in the difficult schedule and the better defense the Broncos have which will hopefully mean he doesn't need as many touchdowns, and I think staying under 40 is a distinct possibility.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first blush I thought it would be an easy buy to but consider this: Manning was the only qb in the NFL to go over 40 last season, and that was only the second time in his career he'd done it. Add in the difficult schedule and the better defense the Broncos have which will hopefully mean he doesn't need as many touchdowns, and I think staying under 40 is a distinct possibility.

Would it surprise me...No. Looking at the weapons Manning has though I see 4 guys who can take any pass for a touchdown. One of the great things for Manning last season is he didn't have to do a whole lot to get the touchdowns he did. Some of them obviously had to be perfect throws into the end zone but there were quite a few that were 5 yard quick pick plays that somebody took the distance for him. This year you throw in Sanders and Latimer (both faster and better in the open field than Decker at least in my opinion) and I think we see more of it. Now I do agree that the tougher defenses will put a strain on the number but it also could mean some closer games where Manning is still having to throw quite a bit in the 4th quarter. Have to remember there were quite a few games this last season the Broncos stopped throwing the football in the 4th quarter. Manning honestly last year should have gone over 60 if the Broncos would have fully unleashed Manning.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy/Sell. Denver will be a top 5 special teams finalist in league this yr.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll buy that. If Ware is healthy, then I could easily see him getting 12-13 sacks and being back to causing havoc. I think Ward is gonna blow up this year and will make the pro bowl. He's gonna be the perfect compliment to Rahim, and IMO our best offseason pickup. Talib needs to stay healthy, but if he does he is surely one of the best, but there are alot of good corners in the AFC. I'm still twitchy about that move, but with DRC turning down $54 million over 6........I would've told him to kick rocks too. We had to go another route.

Ware and Ward. Yup :whoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand the coaches are very impressed with Ball's receiving ability so far. So we shall see what all happens.

Moreno was excellent in pass protection. Like I said, Ball has to prove it first. Not juts gonna buy it sight unseen.

No Buy or Sell?

Sorry. I got interrupted and forgot to post the rest.

Buy or Sell. Ware and Miller combine for 30+ sacks in 2014.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreno was excellent in pass protection. Like I said, Ball has to prove it first. Not juts gonna buy it sight unseen.

Sorry. I got interrupted and forgot to post the rest.

Buy or Sell. Ware and Miller combine for 30+ sacks in 2014.

I'm gonna reach and buy this. Even if both stay healthy all year, that'd be tough to do. If any combo is capable though it's those two. I'll say 31 sacks :nod:

Buy or Sell: We'll go 8-0 at home this year

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreno was excellent in pass protection. Like I said, Ball has to prove it first. Not juts gonna buy it sight unseen.QUOTE]

I understand but that is somewhat the point of this game is these are things that haven't happened and honestly have no way of being proven. Such as the whole Ware and Miller getting 30+ sacks. I will buy that idea that it would happen but obviously we have yet to see these 2 on the field and how they will play together or if they can stay healthy.

Also just to give you an idea of the 2 in blocking last season...Ball got a higher grade as a blocker on PFF than Moreno. Moreno graded out as the 27th best RB in the NFL blocking wise while Ball was graded as the 25th best blocker. Considering Ball was a rookie I like his chances of improving this year as a blocker and possibly moving up that list into the top 15 or so in the NFL. He has the body and the brains to do so.

Anyway to MrDoc420's last buy or sell I will sell on that one of going 8-0 at home. I look at 3 games that will be pretty darn tough at home. The 49ers, Cardinals, and Chargers all look like pretty tough games at home. The Chargers one mostly because we go from Sunday night game against San Fran (very physical team) to then playing the Chargers on Thursday night. I just see us slipping up on one of those games unfortunately. I still see us going 7-1 though and to me that is down right impressive with the grueling schedule we are going to have.

Buy or Sell: Our DT's combine for 10 sacks or more this season

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I'm gonna reach and buy this. Even if both stay healthy all year, that'd be tough to do. If any combo is capable though it's those two. I'll say 31 sacks :nod:

Buy or Sell: We'll go 8-0 at home this year

Sell. It's really tough to go undefeated at home, and even when it seems like we will, someone sneaks up and beats us. So I say we go 7-1 at home, with potential losses against the Niners, Chargers, and Dolphins. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. Dophins? You think we'll lose to the Dolphins? Well, I think we'll win that game, but I could see it as a potential loss. It comes after 3 road games in a row (Patriots, Raiders, Rams) and before another key road game (at Chiefs). Classic trap game and I could see us losing.

I could also see the Raiders beating us in the season finale, provided we had nothing to play for and rested a bunch of our starters.

Buy or sell: Brock Osweiler throws his first touchdown pass some point this season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell. It's really tough to go undefeated at home, and even when it seems like we will, someone sneaks up and beats us. So I say we go 7-1 at home, with potential losses against the Niners, Chargers, and Dolphins. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. Dophins? You think we'll lose to the Dolphins? Well, I think we'll win that game, but I could see it as a potential loss. It comes after 3 road games in a row (Patriots, Raiders, Rams) and before another key road game (at Chiefs). Classic trap game and I could see us losing.

I could also see the Raiders beating us in the season finale, provided we had nothing to play for and rested a bunch of our starters.

Buy or sell: Brock Osweiler throws his first touchdown pass some point this season.

I will buy that. With the offense and defense we have this year there will be a couple of pretty lopsided games ahead. Last year honestly I think the coaching staff had very little confidence in the defense to stop teams when we needed them to. I don't see that being as much of a problem this year (of course depending on health). This means say we get up 3 scores late in the game the coaches will want to see what Os can do on the field. Throw in we have a more dynamic receiving core this year where I could see Os throw a 5 yard slant and have a guy like Sanders take it 40 yards down the field for his first touchdown.

Buy or Sell: Our DT's combine for 15 sacks on the season (just looked it up and depending which sacks you credit as being from the DT position we had 11 last year with Wolfe getting 2 from the position, Vickerson 1, Sly getting 2, Knighton getting 3, and Jackson getting 3)

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will buy that. With the offense and defense we have this year there will be a couple of pretty lopsided games ahead. Last year honestly I think the coaching staff had very little confidence in the defense to stop teams when we needed them to. I don't see that being as much of a problem this year (of course depending on health). This means say we get up 3 scores late in the game the coaches will want to see what Os can do on the field. Throw in we have a more dynamic receiving core this year where I could see Os throw a 5 yard slant and have a guy like Sanders take it 40 yards down the field for his first touchdown.

Buy or Sell: Our DT's combine for 15 sacks on the season (just looked it up and depending which sacks you credit as being from the DT position we had 11 last year with Wolfe getting 2 from the position, Vickerson 1, Sly getting 2, Knighton getting 3, and Jackson getting 3)

I'm gonna buy this one too. I think with the addition of Ware it'll open up the middle more, and with Wolfe coming back reengergized, and Knighton trying to build off an impressive season, plus he's going into a contract year......I could see it. Jackson is the wild card here. If that guy sees 20-25 snaps a game, I could see him approach double digit sack numbers. I think we lined him up on the end alot of the time he was in there last year. I'm hoping Sly is able to keep progressing after a much better 2nd half of last year.

Buy or Sell: We will actually attempt to run more than 5 trick plays on offense during the year (trick play is kind of loose term, but I mean stuff like HB/WR passes, reverses, double reverses, flea flickers etc.). Our offense was so spectacular last year that we didn't need to be tricky, but I can't say I wouldn't like to see us at least try a few if we feel we can catch the D off guard.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell. Trick plays often expose the QB to getting mauled because everyone else has a specific job to may the gadget work. I can't see Denver exposing their meal ticket to the buffet line.

This next question is a very delicate one for both Bronco and Patriot fans......

Buy or Sell......The Broncos will have injuries to no less than four key players.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell. Trick plays often expose the QB to getting mauled because everyone else has a specific job to may the gadget work. I can't see Denver exposing their meal ticket to the buffet line.

This next question is a very delicate one for both Bronco and Patriot fans......

Buy or Sell......The Broncos will have injuries to no less than four key players.

Well this one you are right is a delicate one and also a bit open-ended. Let me explain...Who do you consider a key player? Are you meaning an indispensable player that if they go down the team takes a huge blow or a very good player? To me I would narrow it down to 4 players on each side that if they went down we 1) would not only be hurt by them being injured but 2) don't have a player even close to their ability to fill in...

So on offense I have Peyton Manning, D. Thomas, Ryan Clady, and Montee Ball (not really for his playing ability but more I don't know what we have behind him).

On defense I have Von Miller, DeMarcus Ware, Danny Trevathon, and Aqib Talib.

Now I could see of that group 2 of them possibly going down long-term and maybe another 2 missing a few games or less. So again depending on what you mean by injuries of whether that means done for the season or if a few games missed counts.

All of that to say I guess that I would sell on the idea that 4 of them or more will get injured long-term.

Buy or Sell: Broncos get both D. Thomas and J. Thomas signed before the season starts

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this one you are right is a delicate one and also a bit open-ended. Let me explain...Who do you consider a key player? Are you meaning an indispensable player that if they go down the team takes a huge blow or a very good player? To me I would narrow it down to 4 players on each side that if they went down we 1) would not only be hurt by them being injured but 2) don't have a player even close to their ability to fill in...

So on offense I have Peyton Manning, D. Thomas, Ryan Clady, and Montee Ball (not really for his playing ability but more I don't know what we have behind him).

On defense I have Von Miller, DeMarcus Ware, Danny Trevathon, and Aqib Talib.

Now I could see of that group 2 of them possibly going down long-term and maybe another 2 missing a few games or less. So again depending on what you mean by injuries of whether that means done for the season or if a few games missed counts.

All of that to say I guess that I would sell on the idea that 4 of them or more will get injured long-term.

Buy or Sell: Broncos get both D. Thomas and J. Thomas signed before the season starts

Sell. I think we lock up DT before camp starts, but I as much as Elway has said he wants Julius back too; I'd just as soon watch him get through another year healthy before we throw big money at him.

Buy or Sell: Welker leads the WR's in receptions this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell. I think we lock up DT before camp starts, but I as much as Elway has said he wants Julius back too; I'd just as soon watch him get through another year healthy before we throw big money at him.

Buy or Sell: Welker leads the WR's in receptions this year.

I will sell on that one. The last couple of years D. Thomas has been our receptions leader getting close to a hundred both years. I see Welker more as an 80 catch kind of guy in this offense with all the weapons around him so to me D. Thomas will once again be the leader. I also think Sanders could beat out Welker this year with his ability to run a little more of the route tree with his vertical threat and from what I am hearing from Camp about Manning developing trust quickly with Sanders.

By the way I agree with you on your answer in I am hoping they only lock up D. Thomas at this point and see if J. Thomas can finish a whole season healthy before giving him top-7 money for his position.

Buy or Sell: Broncos keep their UDFA Rookie streak going this year (The streak is at 9 years right now)

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will sell on that one. The last couple of years D. Thomas has been our receptions leader getting close to a hundred both years. I see Welker more as an 80 catch kind of guy in this offense with all the weapons around him so to me D. Thomas will once again be the leader. I also think Sanders could beat out Welker this year with his ability to run a little more of the route tree with his vertical threat and from what I am hearing from Camp about Manning developing trust quickly with Sanders.

By the way I agree with you on your answer in I am hoping they only lock up D. Thomas at this point and see if J. Thomas can finish a whole season healthy before giving him top-7 money for his position.

Buy or Sell: Broncos keep their UDFA Rookie streak going this year (The streak is at 9 years right now)

I'm buying. The Broncos have proven to be very adept in this area. As a local guy, I'm really pulling for Kapri Bibbs and/or Shaquil Barrett. I'm hopelessly loyal to the in-state kids. We're gonna need someone behind Ball and Hillman and our linebacking corps does not seem as strong as some of our other positions.

Buy or Sell(s): disclaimer - these are non-Bronco questions, so feel free to tell me to take a flying leap.

1. Matt Schaub provides a much needed level of respectability to the QB position in Oakland
  2. Alex Smith gets a big contract in KC.
  3. Phillip Rivers is caught pouting and whining on camera more than 6 times this upcoming season

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm buying. The Broncos have proven to be very adept in this area. As a local guy, I'm really pulling for Kapri Bibbs and/or Shaquil Barrett. I'm hopelessly loyal to the in-state kids. We're gonna need someone behind Ball and Hillman and our linebacking corps does not seem as strong as some of our other positions.

Buy or Sell(s): disclaimer - these are non-Bronco questions, so feel free to tell me to take a flying leap.

1. Matt Schaub provides a much needed level of respectability to the QB position in Oakland
  2. Alex Smith gets a big contract in KC.
  3. Phillip Rivers is caught pouting and whining on camera more than 6 times this upcoming season

At this point I don't think there are too many more great Bronco questions we can ask so adding other teams doesn't bother me one bit. So here are my answers for the 3...

1. I will buy on Matt Schaub. I think he is a decent quarterback. The only thing with him this year is he really doesn't have that many weapons around him. James Jones is the only guy in the line up that looks any decent at this point. They have some potential but overall really average RB's, TE's, and WR's at this point. In Houston he had a dynamic running game while also having Andre Johnson so I think he will end up missing those players quite a bit.

2. I will sell on this one. Smith is a decent quarterback but I don't know if he is an Andy Reid type quarterback as he likes those big play kind of guys and Smith couldn't be more opposite of that. Smith will never get the credit or contract that he deserves but no team is looking for an above average starter at the most important position on the team. n

3. Buy big time on this one. Cry me a Rivers is a very good nickname for him. If he was on the Broncos I would love that kind of passion but because he is on a rival it is fun to watch him when he begins to melt down. Was very glad the Broncos got to put a licking on him in the playoffs.

Buy or Sell: I will stick with the theme and ask 3 questions about our AFC West foes...

1. The Chiefs defense finishes outside the top-10 in total defense with a harder schedule and losing a couple of pieces.
2. San Diego finishes top-10 in rushing with the addition of Donald Brown to give them a nice 2-headed monster in the backfield.
3. Dennis Allen is still the head coach of the Raiders after this season.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The Chiefs defense finishes outside the top-10 in total defense with a harder schedule and losing a couple of pieces.

Buy. I think the chiefs will take a big step back this year. On top of harder schedule they had to let some talent go.

2. San Diego finishes top-10 in rushing with the addition of Donald Brown to give them a nice 2-headed monster in the backfield.

Buy. I think top 10 is possible. Especially given McCoy's style. I think the goal will be to continue last year's plan. Don't force Rivers to carry the team the whole time.

3. Dennis Allen is still the head coach of the Raiders after this season.

Also buy. I think the raiders' management is realizing that they need talent before rushing through every coaching option available. I think as long as Dennis Allen can make a respectable go of it he will get at least 1 more year.

Buy or Sell: Seahawks are the dominant team in the NFC.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy. I think the chiefs will take a big step back this year. On top of harder schedule they had to let some talent go.

Buy. I think top 10 is possible. Especially given McCoy's style. I think the goal will be to continue last year's plan. Don't force Rivers to carry the team the whole time.

Also buy. I think the raiders' management is realizing that they need talent before rushing through every coaching option available. I think as long as Dennis Allen can make a respectable go of it he will get at least 1 more year.

Buy or Sell: Seahawks are the dominant team in the NFC.

Well this would really depend on what you mean by dominant. But I'm going to sell. The NFC is extremely deep and it's tough to repeat as champs. Don't get me wrong, I think they'll still be very good, but if you're asking me to take the Seahawks or the field, I'll go with the field.

Buy or sell: Half of last seasons division winners (Patriots, Bengals, Colts, Broncos, Eagles, Panthers, Packers, Seahawks) do not repeat as division champs.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this would really depend on what you mean by dominant. But I'm going to sell. The NFC is extremely deep and it's tough to repeat as champs. Don't get me wrong, I think they'll still be very good, but if you're asking me to take the Seahawks or the field, I'll go with the field.

Buy or sell: Half of last seasons division winners (Patriots, Bengals, Colts, Broncos, Eagles, Panthers, Packers, Seahawks) do not repeat as division champs.

I'll buy that one. I think the Saints come back big this year and are one of the top teams in the league and they win their division. The Ravens and Steelers I feel are just as good as the Bengals, if not better and one of them will win the division. NFC East is really a toss up. The Eagles season will hinge on Nick Foles carrying last years success into this year. That kid played crazy good the 2nd half. I still think the G-men bounce back this year and win the NFC East. The Seahawks will be good, but the 9ers win the NFC South.

Buy or Sell: Peyton will have 6 or more TD passes of 50+ yards.