• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

But Bettman says no.....

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's rankled me for a long time, Buttman's insistence there is no proof that hockey can cause CTE. I thought he was a lawyer, never knew he had a medical background too. :L Another fine kick under the bus.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's rankled me for a long time, Buttman's insistence there is no proof that hockey can cause CTE. I thought he was a lawyer, never knew he had a medical background too. :L Another fine kick under the bus.
I know he's a popular target, but you're going to blame the entire league's old stance that there was no CTE proof on Bittman?

And are you OK with the changes in the game to protect the players? Reductions in fighting, no hits to the head etc....?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's a popular target, but you're going to blame the entire league's old stance that there was no CTE proof on Bittman?

And are you OK with the changes in the game to protect the players? Reductions in fighting, no hits to the head etc....?

HIs track record on the medical science behind CTE is pretty pathetic (bordering on dismissive) and he is the commissioner of the league so his stance carries considerable weight. I think fighting will likely be close to extinct in 10 years (it's getting less and less as each year passes) and the only way to truly reduce concussions would be to have a non-contact game which is not going to happen. You can get a concussion from a clean hit as well, so there's an inherit risk that all players assume by putting on the uniform. All you can really do is punish severely the guys who cross the line which is something the DOPeS needs to do.

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess one ought define "old league". Assuming that means a couple three decades & earlier, hell no. I'm pleased to see whatever they're doing to keep folks safe & not decline into a mess in their older years. But to the best of my knowledge since his reign started, he has consistently poo poohed any thoughts of a definitive connection.