• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bumgarner gets the nod from Bochy as the #1 starter this year

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bochy announced today that Bumgarner will start the season as the #1 starter when the season starts against the D-Backs in Arizona. I thought Bochy would start Cain first and go right left right to start out but Bochy decided to give it to Bum which he deserves. This could be the year that Bumgarner breaks through and wins the Cy Young award.

:nod:

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the starting rotation for 2014 as of today.

Bumgarner

Cain

Hudson

Lincecum

Vogelsong

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an elite rotation, but certainly strong enough to compete. It is possible for Escobar, Crick, Blackburn or Stratton to push for the 5 spot come play-off time, so it may be slightly stronger by that time.

Any time you have 2 legit aces, you have to count yourself as lucky and be considered a strong rotation.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an elite rotation, but certainly strong enough to compete. It is possible for Escobar, Crick, Blackburn or Stratton to push for the 5 spot come play-off time, so it may be slightly stronger by that time.

Any time you have 2 legit aces, you have to count yourself as lucky and be considered a strong rotation.

If Lincecum returns to form, it becomes an elite rotation.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lincecum returns to form, it becomes an elite rotation.

Oh, certainly. There are also strong arguments to believe that Vogey will have a decently strong bounce-back (maybe not to his Ace-level, but certainly to #3 level). So if EVERYTHING comes together in a best-case-scenario, we could have three Aces (Bum, Cain, Timmeh), one #2 (Huddy) and one #3 (Vogey), which would certainly place us in the top 5 for rotations. A more realistic bad-case-scenario would be one Ace (Bum), one #2 (Cain), and three #4s (Huddy, Timmeh, Vogey).

It could turn out much worse than that (Bum getting hurt, Cain turning out to be done, Timmeh not returning, Huddy not being able to plant and Vogey truly being done), or anywhere between the two scenarios I mentioned above.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A reward for a great season. He's the youngest opening day starter for the Giants since 1984, and hopefully more to come from him. He's likely to face Kershaw in his second start.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A reward for a great season. He's the youngest opening day starter for the Giants since 1984, and hopefully more to come from him. He's likely to face Kershaw in his second start.

On my birthday. Got tickets in LA!