• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulls trade rose to the knicks

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lopez is an ok player. Can rebound and play D but the others are pointless.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gar is so stupid. He said he wants to get younger and more athletic. Hey dumb ass Rose is one of the most athletic PG in the league.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sad day for the Bulls. Damn it. Only good thing we have enough money for 1 Max and a mid. We have no PG. No chance at Dunn.
Which I'm thankful for. Dunn is athletic as hell but not very good. Dude can't shoot and was a turnover machine on the rd

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im k with trading Rose but we got nothing.

Krispy Treat

3-6 Latvia
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying. Old ass Calderon, Grant, and Sideshow Bob Lopez!? Fucking really!?

I'm not gonna lose any sleep from their departure tonight lol.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why people are banging on the Knicks. They really didn't give up much in this trade. Add a center (i.e. Noah, Gasol, Howard, Horford) to go with Rose, Melo, and Kristaps. The Knicks will win plenty of games next season.
Yeah - when I started looking - I had forgot that 2015-16 season was still up in the books on Hoopshype but the truth is Rose is in the last year of his contract - they dump Lopez last three years worth 39 million and they dump Calderon who is in the last year of his contract. Moving forward - as an expiring contract the Knicks have something that can be traded by the trade deadline- I have changed my mind - Chicago took on Lopez who isn't really that great any more IMO

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also didn't get younger. We added an 28 year old center and a 34 year old PG. Added a young PG who is nothing special. Gar has no clue what he is talking about Rose was 27. Wouldn't be shock if they traded or cut Calderon.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying. Old ass Calderon, Grant, and Sideshow Bob Lopez!? Fucking really!?

I'm not gonna lose any sleep from their departure tonight lol.
U shouldn't u got a steal. Only Positive Lopez is a good center and now knicks need a Big. Lopez was ranked Top 12 center.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - when I started looking - I had forgot that 2015-16 season was still up in the books on Hoopshype but the truth is Rose is in the last year of his contract - they dump Lopez last three years worth 39 million and they dump Calderon who is in the last year of his contract. Moving forward - as an expiring contract the Knicks have something that can be traded by the trade deadline- I have changed my mind - Chicago took on Lopez who isn't really that great any more IMO
Lopez is good but the others suck. U got a guy to make your big 3 if he stays healthy and like someone said if you add a big now u should be fine.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not even close. We got nothing except salary and now we can be active in the FA market. Who would want to come here. Its a bad trade. Most are giving the Bulls a F-C grade range. Knicks got a Big 3 now.
YEAH - I have already changed my mind - so don't get your panties twisted out of joint - I forgot that Rose is an expiring contract. Lopez has three years at 12 to 13 million. I wouldn't call that a horrible contract but I think of Lopez as 5 million per year player way over-paid. Good role player and Chicago is over the cap, so they will not be in the free agent hunt

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca ...you have the right angle on this...the Knicks were going nowhere as built...Rose has an expiring contract...that's crucial to this deal imo as well. Very good player when healthy, but he's milked the Bulls for a fortune mostly on IR...now he has to prove he can stay on the floor.

That said, Phil would've done better imo going after Teague...Teague for Lopez seems to be a good fit for both teams.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Job, Phil.

With a below-average market for free-agent point guards, New York fills a position of need with Rose, a former All-Star and league MVP.

Although Rose has missed parts of the past four seasons with various injuries, when healthy he is still a top-15 point guard.

New York can now use cap space in free agency to get more athletic at the wings.

There is no risk associated with New York in making a trade like this.

Chicago
Since tearing his ACL in a playoff game in 2012, Rose has been a shell of his former self.

Chicago acquires Calderon, who can start if needed, and Grant, who can handle backup minutes.

With Joakim Noah and Pau Gasol likely departing in free agency, Chicago addressed the center position with Lopez.

Although Lopez has three additional years left on his contract, there is value because of the rise of the salary cap this summer and in the future.

New York has six players under contract, including the non-guaranteed contract for Tony Wroten.

New York will have $12 million in cap space before the free-agent cap holds are addressed.

The likely scenario for the Knicks would be to leave the holds of Derrick Williams and Langston Gallowayon the books.

Leaving the two holds would give New York $30 million in room to address needs in free agency.

New York gains additional flexibility in 2017 by trading the remaining three years left on Lopez’s contract.

The expiring contract of Derrick Rose will give the Knicks $29 million in cap space in 2017.

The room can increase to $51 million if Rose’s free-agent hold is released.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only positive is they say Grant will play better for the Bulls because the Triangle did not work for him. He is a pick and Roll type PG. We will find out.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lopez is good but the others suck. U got a guy to make your big 3 if he stays healthy and like someone said if you add a big now u should be fine.

Calderon gets a million a year and has one year left - He's not an issue. The move freed up 12 million in a salary dump for Chicago after next year and - come to think of it, I don't see anything good about that move for Chicago any more - :L

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca ...you have the right angle on this...the Knicks were going nowhere as built...Rose has an expiring contract...that's crucial to this deal imo as well. Very good player when healthy, but he's milked the Bulls for a fortune mostly on IR...now he has to prove he can stay on the floor.

That said, Phil would've done better imo going after Teague...Teague for Lopez seems to be a good fit for both teams.

Agree.

But, from what I read, the Hawks are trying to dump their picks to have money to max out Horford.

So, Teague was probably not a option because they would not have wanted Lopez's salary.

Marc Stein: Back to Hawks: Sources say they’ll now try to trade their two first-rounders (one from the Teague deal) to make re-signing Al Horford easier
– via Twitter ESPNSteinLine

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEAH - I have already changed my mind - so don't get your panties twisted out of joint - I forgot that Rose is an expiring contract. Lopez has three years at 12 to 13 million. I wouldn't call that a horrible contract but I think of Lopez as 5 million per year player way over-paid. Good role player and Chicago is over the cap, so they will not be in the free agent hunt
Yeah its not a bad contract but the problem is we have no starting PG and we didn't get a 1st rd pick. Bulls are not over the cap. Bulls can sign a Max player and a mid max now. I don't think Calderon will be on this roster by season start. 34 years old and was ranked as one of the worst PGs in the league.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calderon gets a million a year and has one year left - He's not an issue. The move freed up 12 million in a salary dump for Chicago after next year and - come to think of it, I don't see anything good about that move for Chicago any more - :L
Only think is we got a starting center and a young PG who can run a pick and roll offense. Triangle did not fit him. Thats what they say. We will find out. Overall Knicks got the better of the deal. Like I said if a 1st rd pick was thrown in then I would of been ok.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

But, from what I read, the Hawks are trying to dump their picks to have money to max out Horford.

So, Teague was probably not a option because they would not have wanted Lopez's salary.

I think they have the space...fwiw...a lot of Hawks fans don't want Al back on a max...but coach Bud seems to like him a lot.

I've heard two thoughts floating around...the one you mentioned signing Horford...but trying to couple 12 & 21 to move and get this kid Heild whom I've never seen play, but I hear he's a good prospect.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its not a bad contract but the problem is we have no starting PG and we didn't get a 1st rd pick. Bulls are not over the cap. Bulls can sign a Max player and a mid max now. I don't think Calderon will be on this roster by season start. 34 years old and was ranked as one of the worst PGs in the league.

Rondo a option?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have the space...fwiw...a lot of Hawks fans don't want Al back on a max...but coach Bud seems to like him a lot.

I've heard two thoughts floating around...the one you mentioned signing Horford...but trying to couple 12 & 21 to move and get this kid Heild whom I've never seen play, but I hear he's a good prospect.

Yeah, just saw the Heild rumor.

He would be perfect to pair with Schroeder because he can hit the long ball at like 45%.