• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulls buyout wade

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't that bad as you may think, 28 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists are decent numbers for an aging player past his prime, but I would love to see him join the Thunder and see if he could help them

Wade averaged 18.3 PPG, 4.5 RPG and 3.8 APG. Where are you getting 28 ppg from?

Captain Confusion

I Can't Remember the last time I was here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade will probably hang his hat in Cleveland to be with his boy lebron but he should go to OKC and take on the sixth man role there.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did him wrong.

He prolly doesn't need money.

But everyone appreciates respect.

Nah.
I think it had alot more to do with James in his ear on the banana boat while Whiteside was getting a max.
Riley offered him what he had.
Cant give up assets to accumulate more cash to give to a player who isnt improving your chances to win.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TurnUpTheHeat @purguy12 @bksballer89 @Heatles84

I am hearing a lot of talk about Wade being a massive defensive liability? Is that really true at this point in his career?

The Wade I know is an elite defender and someone I would expect to still be at least serviceable in that area - even at his current age.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am hearing a lot of talk about Wade being a massive defensive liability? Is that really true at this point in his career?

The Wade I know is an elite defender and someone I would expect to still be at least serviceable in that area - even at his current age.

His defense is poor. Been that way for quite some years now. Probably since Lebron left.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wade was an elite defender in his prime, and fairly decent during the Big 3 years. But the last few years he was in Miami, he seemed lackadaisical on that end of the floor. At this stage in his career, if he were to go to Cleveland, he's still a step up as a 2-guard over JR. And if they move JR to the bench, they'd utilize JR in the 6th man role, their offense would probably be better.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade was an elite defender in his prime, and fairly decent during the Big 3 years. But the last few years he was in Miami, he seemed lackadaisical on that end of the floor. At this stage in his career, if he were to go to Cleveland, he's still a step up as a 2-guard over JR. And if they move JR to the bench, they'd utilize JR in the 6th man role, their offense would probably be better.

Yeah, Wade is the type that rises to the occasion. If his poor defense is mostly a result of effort I'm not too worried about that.

If I were Lue, I'd think about starting Wade and JR while IT is out, let Rose come off the bench and get used to the role he's going to have anyway. Between Wade and LeBron, there's plenty of point-guard skills on the floor. You need JR out there as a shooter. Wade and Rose together is not a great combo for LeBron's kick-outs.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not getting my hopes up until it happens, though. Presti has already stolen 2 great additions from the Cavs... won't shock me if he does it again.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not getting my hopes up until it happens, though. Presti has already stolen 2 great additions from the Cavs... won't shock me if he does it again.

Well, in this case Presti doesn't have a say in where Wade goes from here. That's entirely up for Wade. Best fit would be in OKC. Likely destination would be Cleveland. Fans in Miami that want Wade back are purely for nostalgic purposes - which serves no purpose in Miami being good for the foreseeable future.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.
I think it had alot more to do with James in his ear on the banana boat while Whiteside was getting a max.
Riley offered him what he had.
Cant give up assets to accumulate more cash to give to a player who isnt improving your chances to win.
Right call by Pat or not, he didn't leave solely to get more money.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how good the stat is but his defensive rating for 2016 was 105.1. That is good for 27th in the league. He is still a very good passer and can put pressure on the bigs attacking the rim. He can help at team playing 25-30 minutes a game. I didn't think he was a good fit for the Bulls though

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade to Golden State.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read that he has a ton of suitors already (not surprising), but he's interested in still retaining a starting role for a championship contender. Seems like he wants to be still getting major minutes and wants to get paid accordingly.

Honestly the best situation for him this year would be, as I've said continually, in San Antonio. He would be immediately their starting shooting guard and a focal point in their offense. He could still produce big for a championship contender and if he plays well could parlay that into a good free agency.

If he signs on to be a sixth man somewhere, he'll never recover to a starting position or starting money again. His next contract next year will reflect that because of his age.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not the same defender he used to be, but he's still a capable defensive player.