• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bullpen workload

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total innings pitched in May:

Weez: 5.0
Romo: 0.1
Affleldt: 2.2
RamRam: 1.1
Lopez: 4.1
Mota: 4.0
Runzler: 4.0

Question: Is Romo hurt?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I see that Casilla is pretty close to returning. Romo to DL?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard a single thing on Romo. But since April 26th, he's only pitched 1.2 innings. There is no reason he shouldn't be pitching more than this, other than injury. But he I still see him warmup.

I can't find any articles either.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's odd. Grant at MCC used the "once he's off the restricted list" joke to refer to Romo. I haven't seen him warm up but if you have that's encouraging. There's no way RamRam should be getting innings over Romo if Romo is healthy.

Then again, Bochy has a ring....I sadly do not.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The word last year was that Romo could not be counted upon for heavy bullpen work. So this year, when they weren't using him in his "usual" spots, I assumed they were saving his arm for the second half.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw him warmup on Mother's Day, he had bright pink shoes on. But I feel that Runzler will be sent down.

Mota has shown he can handle multiple innings and Romo can pitch 2 innings himself. And we already have Lopez and Affeldt from the left side. IMO he's the one who should be sent down because well, he really is the the only we can. If we tried to send anyone else down, they'd be picked up off waivers.

The only other thing is we could try to trade one of them for a SS/3B, but it wont really get us much.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would we be able to get anything with a Romo / Nate / Surkamp package? That's 1 stud BP arm, one solid #4 OF and a solid #3 SP prospect...

That should net maybe a Scuttero + package in return (not specifically saying Boston would be interested, just throwing shit on the wall to see what sticks).

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would we be able to get anything with a Romo / Nate / Surkamp package? That's 1 stud BP arm, one solid #4 OF and a solid #3 SP prospect...

That should net maybe a Scuttero + package in return (not specifically saying Boston would be interested, just throwing shit on the wall to see what sticks).

Interesting idea, especially because Boston could use some bullpen help. I may be over-valuing Romo, but I would hope the + in that package would a pitcher with, at least close to, Surkamp's upside. I guess I would hope Sabean would try a Romo and Schierholtz for Scutaro offer prior to dipping into the farm system at all. That might not do it, but let them see Sergio's slider leading up to the deadline, and it might be worth it to them.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles aren't sure what to do with J.J. Hardy with Robert Andino playing well lately. We may be able to pick him up cheap.

Or maybe Jeff Baker from the Cubs.

And who here would be opposed to an Omar Vizquel return? Not me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles aren't sure what to do with J.J. Hardy with Robert Andino playing well lately. We may be able to pick him up cheap.

I would be upset if they went after Baker. I liked his approach at the plate coming up with the Rockies, but in the years that he should've started to excel, he completely regressed. Plus, I doubt that his defensive third base is any better than Miggy's or DeRosa's, and is probably worse than Panda's. I don't think he can play short, and there are plenty of guys that can spell Freddy at second. In 2008, you could've sold me on Baker. In 2011, he is a step down in talent for this Giants' roster. <--- That felt really good to type.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be upset if they went after Baker. I liked his approach at the plate coming up with the Rockies, but in the years that he should've started to excel, he completely regressed. Plus, I doubt that his defensive third base is any better than Miggy's or DeRosa's, and is probably worse than Panda's. I don't think he can play short, and there are plenty of guys that can spell Freddy at second. In 2008, you could've sold me on Baker. In 2011, he is a step down in talent for this Giants' roster. <--- That felt really good to type.

I'll admit, I just have this image of him hitting a game winning homer off of Wilson in September 2009, hurting our chances at a division title.

Haven't followed him much since.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit, I just have this image of him hitting a game winning homer off of Wilson in September 2009, hurting our chances at a division title.

Haven't followed him much since.

I can totally understand the thought, especially with Sabean's recent "scrap-heap to Champions" luck, but I would only favor Baker as a waiver/DFA pick-up a la Burrell or Ross (which, obviously, didn't turn out so badly). If there are injuries after the trade deadline, I wouldn't be surprised if that becomes a possible reality. For now, I think the Giants should keep an eye on Hardy, Wilson, Scutaro and Aviles.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And who here would be opposed to an Omar Vizquel return? Not me.

Loves me some JJ Hardy. He'd be a rental, but the O's might be willing to part with him on the cheap.