• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bullets good, bad, or mediocre?

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Wizard fan (should change name back to Bullets) and I am curious what others views are on the Wiz. I am no way close to a expert on basketball so that's why I am asking you SportsHoopla guys. Thanks

Projected 2016-17 Starters

PG John Wall
SG Bradley Beal
SF Otto Porter
PF Markieff Morris
C Martin Gortat

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are a mid level team again, think they may make the playoffs again.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, imo good for about the 4th or 5th seed in the east. lol STILL with ya on the old Baltimore Bullets theme, though...:suds:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are a mid level team again, think they may make the playoffs again.

That's the point they can make the playoffs again if healthy but then they get killed. You make the playoffs but lose out on a good draft pick. So they are stuck.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Ritz!

IMO, they are not nearly as good as they were 2 years ago. They lost their identity as a half court defensive team last season. Porter can't guard a chair and I am not a big fan of Morris. I like Gortat, but he is much more effective in a half court game than he is in the up and down style they tried to play last year. Now with Brooks installed as coach (who I believe is the main reason why KD and Westbrook don't already have a ring), I am not optimistic unless they can sign a quality FA at the 3 or 4 position.

Best case for this group is a 6-7 seed if Beal and Wall can each play 75+. Anything less and we are probably missing the playoffs again.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Ritz!

IMO, they are not nearly as good as they were 2 years ago. They lost their identity as a half court defensive team last season. Porter can't guard a chair and I am not a big fan of Morris. I like Gortat, but he is much more effective in a half court game than he is in the up and down style they tried to play last year. Now with Brooks installed as coach (who I believe is the main reason why KD and Westbrook don't already have a ring), I am not optimistic unless they can sign a quality FA at the 3 or 4 position.

Best case for this group is a 6-7 seed if Beal and Wall can each play 75+. Anything less and we are probably missing the playoffs again.

Thanks Lance miss you in the drafts. Come back!!!

1) I hated the Morris trade and hate him as a player. The best thing he has done has snuck weed past TSA.
2) They will continue to make the playoffs when Beal is healthy but then they will get knocked out when they play actual teams. Meaning we continue to get bad draft picks.
3) No FA wants to come to us because we are stuck being in the middle. Yes we might Al Horford but will that 1 player get us past 2nd round I doubt it.
4) Completely agree with your post by the way
5) I think we need a upgrade at PF & C and hope on 2 things our SF's Porter or Oubre can emerge as a true starter and that Beal can play a full season.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears Al Horford will announce tonight where he is going and it looks like its either Celtics or Wizards. I predict he goes green.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring some dramatic roster change, they aren't a playoff team yet again. Maybe, MAYBE they eek out the 8th slot if Beal is healthy but I have zero confidence he can play more than 5 games straight without missing one.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patience with Wizards. Durant may still come next year. It's reported that Sweet Al would not sign with OKC because Durant could not promise he would stay

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patience with Wizards. Durant may still come next year. It's reported that Sweet Al would not sign with OKC because Durant could not promise he would stay

Why didn't Kevin at least talk to them this year ? (given that he didn't -- no way he goes there next year)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOLNOWAY

He's not going to DC. He stated a few times he doesn't want the constant hassle of being around so many people that "know" him from home begging him for shit. That's pretty much why they couldn't even getting meeting this time around

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Wizard fan (should change name back to Bullets) and I am curious what others views are on the Wiz. I am no way close to a expert on basketball so that's why I am asking you SportsHoopla guys. Thanks

Projected 2016-17 Starters

PG John Wall
SG Bradley Beal
SF Otto Porter
PF Markieff Morris
C Martin Gortat
I'm surprised Christians didn't bitch about the name Wizards because of the witchcraft issue - lol

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that the Thunder won't pay top dollar - they have already had a chance to win a title and let the pieces they needed to win slip away. With the new salary cap that could change, but I think if Durant wants to win, he is out of that town

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised Christians didn't bitch about the name Wizards because of the witchcraft issue - lol

I remember the Washington Post with the other 4 options for team names and all sucked. Hate the name, hate the GM and really hated the trade of first round pick (#13) for Markieff Morris. At least Lakers have young talent and players still want to go play for there.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the Washington Post with the other 4 options for team names and all sucked. Hate the name, hate the GM and really hated the trade of first round pick (#13) for Markieff Morris. At least Lakers have young talent and players still want to go play for there.
The Lakers are getting skewered left and right as of now, but honestly in two years from now, I think they are really going to be good and if Walton over-achieves and gets us close to 40 wins - then we're going to see big names calling on the Lakers

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Logicman use some logic. KD will not be in DC other then play against us. He will probably sign a 1yr contract with Thunder then next year he will leave for any place but Wizards. To many reasons why he isn't signing with us. We don't have a championship team even with him is one huge reason. Fake friends coming out of the wood work is another. Plus much more but I'm tired and the Ian deal made me a pissed off dude today.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are getting skewered left and right as of now, but honestly in two years from now, I think they are really going to be good and if Walton over-achieves and gets us close to 40 wins - then we're going to see big names calling on the Lakers

I think it's best to have a crappy team for a few years in a row then barely get into the playoffs every year and lose in first or second round. Why if you have a crappy team for a few years you also get several good rookie players if you draft decent. If you are like the wizards and squeak into playoffs you get a draft pick that might not make the team and your back to same routine the following year. Just my opinion on the matter.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're stuck in the middle right now, not good enough to really contend and not bad enough to stock pile high lottery picks. They can contend for a bottom half playoff spot in the East, but would probably lose in the 1st round. The Kings are in a similar spot, but closer to the bottom 10 than an 8th seed, which isn't great either. Unless they find a way to lure a really good FA to their team or miss the playoffs and boost their pick into the top 3, I'm not sure how to get them closer to contending.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fear Wall may bolt when he hits FA, then we will no longer have to worry about being in he middle.

The entire build plan depended on landing Durant. With him, the Wizards would have Had a shot to beat Cleveland.

That is why I kind of chuckle when people say that OKC is the best chance for KD to win right now. That is far from true. If KD leaves, their roster is only marginally better than what the Wizards have now. OKC with KD is scary. Without him, they are a first round playoff team. Golden State is the answer when talking about the best chance for KD to win, and it is not even close IMO. They are good enough to get it done without him.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ritz don't blame you on the Ian deal. Back up centers like him and Mozgov making crazy money. At least Ian not playing on bad knees.