• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first couple seasons are pretty bad, technical quality wise. But the story and dialogue is freaking spot on. I am in S5 currently (going back and forth between Buffy and Angel). It isn’t AS iconic (dialogue-wise), but it is still a solid show at this point. I am gaining a much better appreciation for Anya during this watch. Her deadpan humor is awesome. I also always hated Tara, but I am lessening my hatred for her this time through. I think I didn’t like her in the past primarily because I find the actress physically near-repulsive. On a rewatch, that is less important.
I've noticed the production quality is lacking, at times but the show worked around it well. Hard disagree on Tara. Season 4 was my starter season so she's always felt like part of the group and I think Amber Benson is pretty cute and her and Willow were an adorable couple. Same with Anya I've always liked her.

Ironically Angel I wasn't feeling on Buffy and he never felt like part of the group nor gelled with their dynamic. But on HIS show he is top notch and one of the Buffyvere's best character. In BTVS he had no personality but in LA he was funny charismatic and his brooding felt like real angst and resolution as opposed to over the top self indulgent pitying. I actually like it more than it's predecessor easily. And Not Fade Away is the best series finale of all time; bar none!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 850.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed the production quality is lacking, at times but the show worked around it well. Hard disagree on Tara. Season 4 was my starter season so she's always felt like part of the group and I think Amber Benson is pretty cute and her and Willow were an adorable couple. Same with Anya I've always liked her.

Ironically Angel I wasn't feeling on Buffy and he never felt like part of the group nor gelled with their dynamic. But on HIS show he is top notch and one of the Buffyvere's best character. In BTVS he had no personality but in LA he was funny charismatic and his brooding felt like real angst and resolution as opposed to over the top self indulgent pitying. I actually like it more than it's predecessor easily. And Not Fade Away is the best series finale of all time; bar none!
I just watched the big reveal about Tera in S5 the other day. And I do appreciate the character now and am more willing to give her a chance this time around. I stand by my physical assessment of her, though. STRONG non-attraction, there. I am a big “eye guy”, though, so actresses with dead eyes really bother me (Benson, Vandervoort, Dunst).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 850.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Angel theme song is honestly one of the best theme songs of any show ever.