• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Buffalo Bills @ Seattle Seahawks

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's winning this 3 day argument?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman fined ~$9K for the ILLEGAL hit.....
Well there you go. Maybe this case can be closed now. The NFL likes to protect the QB and the kicker. Still confusing that a player touches the ball and then runs into the kicker and gets fined. We will just have to accept the NFL's decision on fining Sherman and move on.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there you go. Maybe this case can be closed now. The NFL likes to protect the QB and the kicker. Still confusing that a player touches the ball and then runs into the kicker and gets fined. We will just have to accept the NFL's decision on fining Sherman and move on.

It's not confusing at all. The touching of the ball must be while in flight (a blocked/deflected kick), not a finger on a held ball before the kick.

Besides, if the call is unnecessary roughness, that's the excessive contact after a blown whistle, unrelated to the kick itself due to his unabated offsides.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit! 42 pages now? Wow. You guys know there has been a new president elected since this kicking event happened right? There is probably better stuff to debate by now is what I'm saying.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not confusing at all. The touching of the ball must be while in flight (a blocked/deflected kick), not a finger on a held ball before the kick.

Besides, if the call is unnecessary roughness, that's the excessive contact after a blown whistle, unrelated to the kick itself due to his unabated offsides.
Again the whistle "WAS NEVER" blown and the kicker was in his motion of kicking the ball. Maybe the NFL thought that Sherman after "touching" the ball while the kicker was in his motion, should have eased up and not ran into the kicker. Who said the ball has to be in flight before a player can block a kick? What if a player blocks a kick at the same time as a kicker plant his foot on the ball? Yes it's still confusing. I wonder if anyone can post a NFL rule on blocking punts and FG'S. Nevertheless Sherman got fined and we have to move.

Comment from Sherman:

"They made sure that they made it unappealable because they said they can't hear the whistle on the film," Sherman said. "And they said I hit him after the whistle, which was not true, but you can't really appeal something that's he said/she said."

Last edited:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit! 42 pages now? Wow. You guys know there has been a new president elected since this kicking event happened right? There is probably better stuff to debate by now is what I'm saying.
i was wondering why the dems were rioting in the streets:suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same outcome; 15 yard penalty.
When called you're exactly right. However, my statement was for those who continue to argue that Sherman touched the ball. That has zero to do with an unecessary or unsportsmanlike. Blandino said it was unecessary roughness shortly after it happened.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not from tonight's game. Are you watching:sleep:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised to see Sherman appeal this.
I'm sure he will. He loves getting in the ears of the NFL and officials. I like his subliminal message about how you have to be careful how you sack Brady:clap: how to set up the officials.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he will. He loves getting in the ears of the NFL and officials. I like his subliminal message about how you have to be careful how you sack Brady:clap: how to set up the officials.

I'm no fan of Cam Newton but the fact that he has ZERO roughing the passer calls over the past 3 season while Brady has 9 certainly suggests there is some notable biases in officiating.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no fan of Cam Newton but the fact that he has ZERO roughing the passer calls over the past 3 season while Brady has 9 certainly suggests there is some notable biases in officiating.
Note the craftiness in his choice of words. He deliberately uses sacked not hit or tackled...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note the craftiness in his choice of words. He deliberately uses sacked not hit or tackled...

Sure. I definitely thinks he tries to work the refs whenever he can.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comment from Sherman:

"They made sure that they made it unappealable because they said they can't hear the whistle on the film," Sherman said. "And they said I hit him after the whistle, which was not true, but you can't really appeal something that's he said/she said." Sherman is ready to move on.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comment from Sherman:

"They made sure that they made it unappealable because they said they can't hear the whistle on the film," Sherman said. "And they said I hit him after the whistle, which was not true, but you can't really appeal something that's he said/she said." Sherman is ready to move on.
Thanks I saw someone else post that after I made that statement. I don't know I hadn't listened to any of the replays. But there were posters arguing left and right they heard a whistle? Others were saying they didn't hear a whistle till contact:noidea: No sense asking that officiating crew. They couldn't even agree on whether or who tested the balls before the NE\IN game. Let alone which guage was used.
I don't think this would still be an issue if the officials didn't screw up the delay of game call. Blandino instead of tweeting how it was unecessary roughness should've been contacting the officials to get that right.
I don't want NY involved in every call but clear down, distance and time screw ups should be fixed on the spot. There is plenty of technolongy no reason to keep having mistakes. Subjective calls is a different story I don't want them involved in that. Except end of half or end of game calls. We've seen waaaaaaay too many inproper calls that end games.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks I saw someone else post that after I made that statement. I don't know I hadn't listened to any of the replays. But there were posters arguing left and right they heard a whistle? Others were saying they didn't hear a whistle till contact:noidea: No sense asking that officiating crew. They couldn't even agree on whether or who tested the balls before the NE\IN game. Let alone which guage was used.
I don't think this would still be an issue if the officials didn't screw up the delay of game call. Blandino instead of tweeting how it was unecessary roughness should've been contacting the officials to get that right.
I don't want NY involved in every call but clear down, distance and time screw ups should be fixed on the spot. There is plenty of technolongy no reason to keep having mistakes. Subjective calls is a different story I don't want them involved in that. Except end of half or end of game calls. We've seen waaaaaaay too many inproper calls that end games.
Yeah since the NFL fined Sherman, I'm ready to move on.