• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucs trade Kellen Winslow to the Seahawks for a conditional '13 draft pick

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Seattle being a darkhorse wild card team.

They could ride the same formula we did last season and play great defense, run the ball, and get serviceable QB play to get enough wins to squeak into the wild card.

I'm not sold on two teams making it out of the South as it will have the same problem the East will have and that all 4 teams are going to beat each other up.

This is as big a reason as any why I think the NFCW could produce a WC team.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree. 'zona is still a disaster IMO. QB situation is one of the worst in the NFL. OL is bad. Defense has some good potential; the pass rush from the OLBs is a big question though. I don't see the unit as good enough to make up for the 0 dimentional offense.

Seattle had the potential to do some damage, and I suppose they still do. However, the injuries on offense killed 'em last year. I don't know what Okung's status is gonna be, and Gallery is now a Patriot. Will Rice ever be the same?

I don't see them doing enough on offense to make much noise in the division.

I don't see the Rams doing anything either. I've always said Bradford is going to be a bust, and this year he could finally prove me right. I gave him a pass his first couple of seasons, but if he has another terrible season I think it's time to bring out the B word.

I thought the same as well. After his rookie year i was willing to admit that i was wrong, but he played terrible last year. I'm not sure if it was due to injuries, a new offense, or a sophomore slump, but this is a big year for him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I thought the same as well. After his rookie year i was willing to admit that i was wrong,

I wasn't. I was baffled at how much hype he was getting after his rookie year. I knew he had a bad team, but he had 6 yards per attempt. That's attrocious. The only worse performance in that category was another QB I hated: Jimmy Clausen.

Steven A Smith om ESPN called him a "Bear" before last season. I wanetd to attack my radio! It was like when everyone was saying how stupid the Texans were for taking Mario Williams over Reggie Bush during the 2006 season. These are some of the examples of why I'm not afraid to be the ONLY person in the room with a dissenting opinion. Football fans are notoriously fickle and short-sided.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't. I was baffled at how much hype he was getting after his rookie year. I knew he had a bad team, but he had 6 yards per attempt. That's attrocious. The only worse performance in that category was another QB I hated: Jimmy Clausen.

Steven A Smith om ESPN called him a "Bear" before last season. I wanetd to attack my radio! It was like when everyone was saying how stupid the Texans were for taking Mario Williams over Reggie Bush during the 2006 season. These are some of the examples of why I'm not afraid to be the ONLY person in the room with a dissenting opinion. Football fans are notoriously fickle and short-sided.

I never expected him to play as well as he did in his rookie season is the thing. I thought he would be a complete flop, but he was able to at least contribute and give his team the opportunity to win. They almost made the playoffs that year.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never expected him to play as well as he did in his rookie season is the thing. I thought he would be a complete flop, but he was able to at least contribute and give his team the opportunity to win. They almost made the playoffs that year.

This. And when you consider the team he went to it's easy to understand why so many hyped him up. All things considered, Bradford had a solid Rookie season and I think once StL builds around him and can remain healthy then he has many 'much better' seasons ahead of him.

Last edited by a moderator:

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is as big a reason as any why I think the NFCW could produce a WC team.

I am not saying this wont happen, but the NFC South has been beating up on each other since 2002. NFC South Standings since 2002.
12-4
9-6-1
9-7
7-9
11-5
8-8
7-9
5-11
Same as 2003
11-5
11-5
8-8
3-13
10-6
9-7
8-8
4-12
9-7
7-9
7-9
4-12
12-4
11-5
9-7
8-8
13-3
9-7
8-8
3-13
13-3
11-5
10-6
1-15
11-5
10-6
6-10
4-12

Now last year was the first year the NFC South produced 2 10+ game losers, so that might start a trend, but I think the Bucs and Panthers will be better this year. As long as the Bucs dont quit, they should win 6-10 games this year. And I cant see the Panthers winning 5 or fewer...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

They could ride the same formula we did last season and play great defense, run the ball, and get serviceable QB play to get enough wins to squeak into the wild card.

I'm not sold on two teams making it out of the South as it will have the same problem the East will have and that all 4 teams are going to beat each other up.

there are six Division games and if they beat each other up, thats 3-3 each. so there are 10 other games outside the Division. IF these South teams are simply better than the West, they'll win more out of ten than the West will.

there isn't enough "beating each other up", to keep a better Division from securing a wildcard. along these lines, IMO the North and East also have better teams than the West. "better" meaning at least two teams better than Seattle, Arizona, and St Louis.

West teams should all be improved, but IMO not enough to secure a wildcard this season.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think New Orleans and Tampa Bay should be taken seriously, not with everything they've had to deal with in the offseason.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think New Orleans and Tampa Bay should be taken seriously, not with everything they've had to deal with in the offseason.

I agree - I am discounting both teams this season - especially NO

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are six Division games and if they beat each other up, thats 3-3 each. so there are 10 other games outside the Division. IF these South teams are simply better than the West, they'll win more out of ten than the West will.

there isn't enough "beating each other up", to keep a better Division from securing a wildcard. along these lines, IMO the North and East also have better teams than the West. "better" meaning at least two teams better than Seattle, Arizona, and St Louis.

West teams should all be improved, but IMO not enough to secure a wildcard this season.

I believe there were three scenario's in which Arizona was one conference win away from being the 6th seed last year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm interested to see what NO does this year. They're facing a ton of adversity, obviously, but I'm reluctant to discount any team with Brees at the helm. Though is he still holding out for a new contract?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

no doubt New Orleans will be affected, but is it enough to predict less than 10 wins? i'd think 10 wins has a decent chance for the last wildcard spot?

if i was playing Tampa Bay this Sunday, i'd take them seriously, but i get the gist. nevertheless, the South still has Atlanta so IMO two teams better than the other West teams. not much better, but better.

[edit - i just looked at last year and both wildcard team had 10 wins, not 9?]

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I believe there were three scenario's in which Arizona was one conference win away from being the 6th seed last year.

yeah ok, Arizona got close, but whereas they got close, Atlanta and Detroit got in. this coming season i'd think the same, a West team can get close again, but not get in.

IMO the East and North have three teams better than the West, the South has two. there are just too many better teams playing for two spots.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

since i just looked, both NFC wildcard teams were 10-6, Arizona finished 8-8. i'm sure Arizona could be a little better now, but short of passing enough teams.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since i just looked, both NFC wildcard teams were 10-6, Arizona finished 8-8. i'm sure Arizona could be a little better now, but short of passing enough teams.

The three scenarios are (everything else remaining the same) if Ari beat the NYG or if they won one more conference game. and either/or Atlanta and Detroit had lost one game, then in those three circumstances (I believe) Ari would have been the 6th seed (I believe).

If Floyd meets or, heaven forbid, exceeds expectations then with either Skelton or Kolb Arizona will have a much improved total offense. I expect Petterson to be even better as a DB and just as dangerous as a PR. I agree with Sick on their O'Line and pass rush but even with nominal improvements in those areas Arizona "could" be noisy next year. Let's not forget they have Wiz and I think he is a quality HC.