• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucs trade Kellen Winslow to the Seahawks for a conditional '13 draft pick

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It'll be interesting to see what they do with Winslow and Miller. They're both above average receiving TEs, but the Hawks just didn't use Miller at all last year. They've got some weapons, though. The Hawks could be pretty darn good if one of their QBs pans out. They've got the makings of a great D and plenty of talent on the offensive side of the ball.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Still upset they got Flynn for 3 years and less than $20M ($10M guaranteed).

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Still upset they got Flynn for 3 years and less than $20M ($10M guaranteed).

The fact the Dolphins didn't press hard for him and with Carroll making it a 3 man QB competition that puts out some red flags to me.

I think he's another one that will suffer from Kevin Kolb syndrome but probably not quite as bad.

As far as Winslow goes I don't blame Seattle for taking a flier on him but injuries have killed the guys career and I don't envision him making a huge impact for them.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see what they can do.

I, too, am a bit interested by this move for the hawks.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice pickup, but Seattle will ultimately fail. Pete Carroll's karma is going to bite him in the ass at some point. Could very well be this season.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact the Dolphins didn't press hard for him and with Carroll making it a 3 man QB competition that puts out some red flags to me.

I think he's another one that will suffer from Kevin Kolb syndrome but probably not quite as bad.

As far as Winslow goes I don't blame Seattle for taking a flier on him but injuries have killed the guys career and I don't envision him making a huge impact for them.

I haven't decided if that is Miami's GM not caring what his coach wants because he was in love with Tannehill, or if Philbin wasn't all that excited in Flynn because he is nothing more than a product of good surroundings. (Like Kolb)

Either way, the Seahawks adding Winslow isn't very scary because of Willis, Bowman, Goldson and Whitner. The 49ers can cover TEs, I mean sure he might get a TD and he'll catch balls... but he isn't going for 200 yards and 3 TDs against the 49ers Defense.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I haven't decided if that is Miami's GM not caring what his coach wants because he was in love with Tannehill, or if Philbin wasn't all that excited in Flynn because he is nothing more than a product of good surroundings. (Like Kolb)

Either way, the Seahawks adding Winslow isn't very scary because of Willis, Bowman, Goldson and Whitner. The 49ers can cover TEs, I mean sure he might get a TD and he'll catch balls... but he isn't going for 200 yards and 3 TDs against the 49ers Defense.

I tend to believe if Phibin would've went to Ireland and said "Hey I coached this guy and he's a star QB in the making" Ireland would've made sure to grab him.

The fact that he didn't push for him nor really any other teams made a major push either kind of tells me he's likely a solid starter at best in the NFL.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice pickup, but Seattle will ultimately fail. Pete Carroll's karma is going to bite him in the ass at some point. Could very well be this season.

Not a fan of the coolest, gnarliest most radical coach ever?

/end Cheetch impression.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the coolest, gnarliest most radical coach ever?

/end Cheetch impression.

Thumb's down on Pistol Peter from this guy! :charlie:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I should have included what I'm about to say in my last post. Several things could contribute to Flynn not working out but if I had to list a single general issue going in that might end up being Carroll and Flynn's biggest problem, I would guess that it will be Darrell freaking Bevell's influence and fingerprint on that offense. Nothing to do with karma.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to comment on some of the Flynn talk. I really thought he was going to Miami at first. That fell apart fast, or maybe it was never going to happen.

Darrel Bevell I'm just not sure about. Wasn't really his offense in Minnesota, was it? So.... Maybe I'm wrong but he's never really been tested as thee guy has he?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see what they do with Winslow and Miller. They're both above average receiving TEs, but the Hawks just didn't use Miller at all last year. They've got some weapons, though. The Hawks could be pretty darn good if one of their QBs pans out. They've got the makings of a great D and plenty of talent on the offensive side of the ball.

Too bad their coach is a no-talent assclown who hasn't had a winning record in the NFL in almost 15 years, and that was only the result of riding the Tuna's coattails.

Seriously, though. Pete Carroll is a jerkoff.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Update: It's a conditional 7th-round pick that can become a 6th-round pick "based on his performance."

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Too bad their coach is a no-talent assclown who hasn't had a winning record in the NFL in almost 15 years, and that was only the result of riding the Tuna's coattails.

Seriously, though. Pete Carroll is a jerkoff.

Haha. No argument here. But even with Carroll at the helm they scare me a bit.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's entirely possible the NFC West will have its first Wild Card Qualifier since '04

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's entirely possible the NFC West will have its first Wild Card Qualifier since '04

I don't see it. I think Carolina and Atlanta both make the playoffs, and whoever finishes second in the NFCN between Chicago and Detroit will get the other. I think Seattle, St. Louis and Arizona will combine for about 12-13 wins total.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it. I think Carolina and Atlanta both make the playoffs, and whoever finishes second in the NFCN between Chicago and Detroit will get the other. I think Seattle, St. Louis and Arizona will combine for about 12-13 wins total.

Wow - that's cool. I see both Seattle & Arizona making noise this season. Honestly, I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I could see Seattle being a darkhorse wild card team.

They could ride the same formula we did last season and play great defense, run the ball, and get serviceable QB play to get enough wins to squeak into the wild card.

I'm not sold on two teams making it out of the South as it will have the same problem the East will have and that all 4 teams are going to beat each other up.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I see both Seattle & Arizona making noise this season. Honestly, I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Have to disagree. 'zona is still a disaster IMO. QB situation is one of the worst in the NFL. OL is bad. Defense has some good potential; the pass rush from the OLBs is a big question though. I don't see the unit as good enough to make up for the 0 dimentional offense.

Seattle had the potential to do some damage, and I suppose they still do. However, the injuries on offense killed 'em last year. I don't know what Okung's status is gonna be, and Gallery is now a Patriot. Will Rice ever be the same?

I don't see them doing enough on offense to make much noise in the division.

I don't see the Rams doing anything either. I've always said Bradford is going to be a bust, and this year he could finally prove me right. I gave him a pass his first couple of seasons, but if he has another terrible season I think it's time to bring out the B word.

Last edited by a moderator: