• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buchanon

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of the safety from Wahington St. ?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him, think he can play both safety spots. Better in coverage than most give him credit for.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hammers people. I also like a Safety from Ohio St. He got hurt last year and is a little small, but is very physical- Christian Bryant. He is projected as a 3rd day pick.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking like Dallas is not thinking S in the first. If this is the case and Dion Bailey is available in the 3rd Ill be calling his number. Think about it a SS who can cover.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antone Exum VT is probably the S Jerry is targeting. He's was injured last season and will probably miss some of 2014. He fits Jerry's Draft M.O. perfectly.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antone Exum VT is probably the S Jerry is targeting. He's was injured last season and will probably miss some of 2014. He fits Jerry's Draft M.O. perfectly.

I'm hoping he looks at Lamarcus Joyner, Jimmie Ward and Marqueston Huff, although Huff may sneak into the first round after Pryor. Getting one of those guys after round one would be a fantastic pick IMO

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping he looks at Lamarcus Joyner, Jimmie Ward and Marqueston Huff, although Huff may sneak into the first round after Pryor. Getting one of those guys after round one would be a fantastic pick IMO

I don't think we go S before the 3rd round. At least not when you read the tea leaves.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we go S before the 3rd round. At least not when you read the tea leaves.

If then. I think Jerry believes Church and Wilcox, with Johnson can get it done. I don't think he will go S early either. I'm all for Huff in the 4th round, if that's his plan.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buchanon could last to the third

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ward impresses me more than Dix or Pryor. Very good in coverage. Very instinctive. Someone brought up Bryant from OSU. He looks good to me. We need to get guys like Heath and Johnson off the roster

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant is a little small but brings it. He was overshadowed by Barnett and Roby and he also missed half the season last year. Ive always liked him as a hitter.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ward impresses me more than Dix or Pryor. Very good in coverage. Very instinctive. Someone brought up Bryant from OSU. He looks good to me. We need to get guys like Heath and Johnson off the roster

Heath was forced into action way sooner than he should have been and as bad as he looked he is not a bad player just way raw. Coming from a small school Saginaw valley state the jump to the NFL was a monster leap and he played hard even when he played bad he never quit. Like some big school linebacker did.

If Johnson cant stay healthy this year he is gone anyway

We will C

JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heath was forced into action way sooner than he should have been and as bad as he looked he is not a bad player just way raw. Coming from a small school Saginaw valley state the jump to the NFL was a monster leap and he played hard even when he played bad he never quit. Like some big school linebacker did.

If Johnson cant stay healthy this year he is gone anyway

We will C

JMHO

I keep reading people and writers saying that, but I just didn't see an NFL player in him first year or not. I think they like the guy and don't want to say anything bad. Effort is great, but you need talent too. Still don't get why he played over Wilcox at the end of the year. Dumb decision by someone that may have cost us the playoffs. Wilcox you could see some skills. Yeah he looked clueless half the time and didn't seem to know his assignment, but he also made some plays that made you think there could be something there. His game against Philly was probably the best game any safety played for us last year. When I watch Heath it's times when he is right there and you either make a play or you don't and he didn't. There is no excuse of inexperience or learning the system when you are in position, the ball is there and you just don't know what the F to do or just can't do it. Also, don't know if it was lack of speed or instincts, but when the ball was in the air he was just friggin lost...

Agree on Johnson. He gets one more chance to earn a spot or he is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go with the youngster already on the roster & bring in a Veteran for insurance....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading people and writers saying that, but I just didn't see an NFL player in him first year or not. I think they like the guy and don't want to say anything bad. Effort is great, but you need talent too. Still don't get why he played over Wilcox at the end of the year. Dumb decision by someone that may have cost us the playoffs. Wilcox you could see some skills. Yeah he looked clueless half the time and didn't seem to know his assignment, but he also made some plays that made you think there could be something there. His game against Philly was probably the best game any safety played for us last year. When I watch Heath it's times when he is right there and you either make a play or you don't and he didn't. There is no excuse of inexperience or learning the system when you are in position, the ball is there and you just don't know what the F to do or just can't do it. Also, don't know if it was lack of speed or instincts, but when the ball was in the air he was just friggin lost...

Agree on Johnson. He gets one more chance to earn a spot or he is gone.

Heath has plenty of speed, infact has the most speed at safety on the team. Athletic ability is not the problem with him; but awareness is. I can recall a catch Calvin made with Heath there, and Heath was in perfect position, should have at least knocked the ball away; but he could not locate the ball. This is the type of thing that makes great players great and great athletes bad, football instincts, and as of now Heath does not have great instincts. Barry Church was a player like Heath was minus the athletic ability. I say give Heath a year or two to grow and get the instincts down, and he could turn into a good player. It's all on him, he has every ability from an athletic standpoint to do so, but this league is just as much mental as it is physical at times.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go with the youngster already on the roster & bring in a Veteran for insurance....

I agree, I think this team needs more than a safety. I also believe that Wilcox and Matt Johnson are good players. I saw both on scout tapes at Valley Ranch the years they were drafted and was like wow. If Matt can stay healthy he will start at some point during this season unless JJ has taken the next step, imo.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think this team needs more than a safety. I also believe that Wilcox and Matt Johnson are good players. I saw both on scout tapes at Valley Ranch the years they were drafted and was like wow. If Matt can stay healthy he will start at some point during this season unless JJ has taken the next step, imo.

I think the Cowboys feel the same way. I would be surprised if a Safety is taken before the 5th rd. I will not mind if they don'twait until the 7th to take a flyer on one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys feel the same way. I would be surprised if a Safety is taken before the 5th rd. I will not mind if they don'twait until the 7th to take a flyer on one.

I would not be surprised if they took one mid rounds, but I think it is very doubtful at this point. I think with all the talent in this draft at WR and DL we could see several safeties slip.