• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryce Harper vs Hunter Strickland

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in an ultimate league in the summer of '94. We played here in SF, over in Berkeley and up in Marin.
Our team was called the Dragons, and there were 7 other teams....and we even had some silicon valley "corporate" sponsors....lol.
Good Stuff/Fun Times.
I only played pick up games at the local park. They had a rec team at my college but I never played.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was trying to take out the 1B...who I think actually gets body checked by whoever it is that comes running in from the right side of the screen

Szmardjianananananan into Morse

That was awesome

Szmardiananananana flashed back to his ND football days

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter has a worse attitude than Madison when it comes to people playing the game "right" so it's no surprise the idiot took a shot when he could. Still- 98mph? Damn, bro. And for anyone thinking that Bryce isn't a hothead himself?? Really? Okay. Anyway- they're both idiots that can't fight for shit. (Extra funny because of those pics Bryce took awhile back wearing a UFC belt like he's some Billy Badass in the octagon) Would've been interesting to see what would've happened if Morse didn't get in the way of the Samardzija freight train that was headed straight for Harper.

Couple of good angles that show these dummies both opening their hands before connection for bitch slaps (the likes of which I'd like to give @Chewbaccer right in the mouth.):

lol@ fleming saying Jeff was trying to break it up! He thought he was back on the football field at ND

Bryce looks like he was trying to give Hunter a stinky glove to the face like in hockey. Hunter's lip is all, "boooiiiiing!"

This one might earn Strickland some extra time because Harper was off the field pretty quickly. Also- Pence is currently on the 10-day and I'm pretty sure he's not supposed to be on the field at all. Could be some punitive action over that, too.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Posey has a vagina

No offense Moxie

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter has a worse attitude than Madison when it comes to people playing the game "right" so it's no surprise the idiot took a shot when he could. Still- 98mph? Damn, bro. And for anyone thinking that Bryce isn't a hothead himself?? Really? Okay. Anyway- they're both idiots that can't fight for shit. (Extra funny because of those pics Bryce took awhile back wearing a UFC belt like he's some Billy Badass in the octagon) Would've been interesting to see what would've happened if Morse didn't get in the way of the Samardzija freight train that was headed straight for Harper.

Couple of good angles that show these dummies both opening their hands before connection for bitch slaps (the likes of which I'd like to give @Chewbaccer right in the mouth.):

lol@ fleming saying Jeff was trying to break it up! He thought he was back on the football field at ND

Bryce looks like he was trying to give Hunter a stinky glove to the face like in hockey. Hunter's lip is all, "boooiiiiing!"

This one might earn Strickland some extra time because Harper was off the field pretty quickly. Also- Pence is currently on the 10-day and I'm pretty sure he's not supposed to be on the field at all. Could be some punitive action over that, too.

Neither "punch" really landed square. Strickland's was an open handed shove.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Posey has a vagina

No offense Moxie
First of all, fuck off :yo:
Second of all... it's really not all that terrible to have a vagina. Lots of perks that come with it.

But seriously... Posey isn't an idiot. I'm sure he knew Strickland wanted to tangle with Harper and Buster isn't a child like those other two. He's an elitist and is thinking about his future. Pretty good chance he'll wear one today because of this whole thing though.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you needed any more proof that Posey is a bitch lol

Full disclosure: I used to interview @BusterPosey weekly on @957thegame in 2012 and along the way, asked several FAIR but tough questions, questions I knew the answer to thru hard work, questions he obviously did not feel like answering. And quite frankly, questions, no one else in the market had the stones to address. It all pertained to his relationship with Tim Lincecum and Lincecum's preference to throw to someone else. Shortly thereafter, his agent called my PD Jason Barrett and yanked him off air, as well as Matt Cain, who he also represented and was also a weekly spot on my show. The Giants won the World Series that year and my audience was deprived an opportunity to hear from the team's two biggest stars simply because Posey has incredibly thin-skin.
I write this because I want to establish that while I am not a fan personally, professionally, Posey has been an exemplary leader and star for an incredibly successful and well-run franchise. His dour and detached attitude gets a pass because he wins. Part of the deal.
No more.
Posey should absolutely be ashamed of himself, to the point where a teammate should 100% call him out and challenge him in front of entire team.
I lost immense respect for him following that episode in 2012. Whatever remained--and there wasn't much--completely dissipated with his inaction vs the Nats. Absolutely gutless.
If you must, privately chastise Strickland for throwing at Harper for something that happened two years ago. But publicly, you ride and die with your teammates.
This isn't me sitting in my ivory tower. This is coming from a former ballplayer, granted a very average one at that.
Not a single guy I played with in college would for one second doubt or question whether or not I had their back in a similar situation.
Zero.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does MLB allow this nonsense? Intentionally throwing at a player should result in a major, major suspension. Nobody wants to see a star player miss time because a scrub pitcher injures him.

Are you also in favor of the Posey rule?

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, fuck off :yo:
Second of all... it's really not all that terrible to have a vagina. Lots of perks that come with it.

But seriously... Posey isn't an idiot. I'm sure he knew Strickland wanted to tangle with Harper and Buster isn't a child like those other two. He's an elitist and is thinking about his future. Pretty good chance he'll wear one today because of this whole thing though.
He pretty much said that he was scared.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you needed any more proof that Posey is a bitch lol

Full disclosure: I used to interview @BusterPosey weekly on @957thegame in 2012 and along the way, asked several FAIR but tough questions, questions I knew the answer to thru hard work, questions he obviously did not feel like answering. And quite frankly, questions, no one else in the market had the stones to address. It all pertained to his relationship with Tim Lincecum and Lincecum's preference to throw to someone else. Shortly thereafter, his agent called my PD Jason Barrett and yanked him off air, as well as Matt Cain, who he also represented and was also a weekly spot on my show. The Giants won the World Series that year and my audience was deprived an opportunity to hear from the team's two biggest stars simply because Posey has incredibly thin-skin.
I write this because I want to establish that while I am not a fan personally, professionally, Posey has been an exemplary leader and star for an incredibly successful and well-run franchise. His dour and detached attitude gets a pass because he wins. Part of the deal.
No more.
Posey should absolutely be ashamed of himself, to the point where a teammate should 100% call him out and challenge him in front of entire team.
I lost immense respect for him following that episode in 2012. Whatever remained--and there wasn't much--completely dissipated with his inaction vs the Nats. Absolutely gutless.
If you must, privately chastise Strickland for throwing at Harper for something that happened two years ago. But publicly, you ride and die with your teammates.
This isn't me sitting in my ivory tower. This is coming from a former ballplayer, granted a very average one at that.
Not a single guy I played with in college would for one second doubt or question whether or not I had their back in a similar situation.
Zero.
Since you obviously know everything that us going on in the Giants clubhouse, can you confirm that Posey did not have direct instructions from either Strickland or the FO to stay out of it? How about if Bochy and/or Posey told Strickland beforehand not to throw at Harper? In that situation, wouldn't it be Strickland who didn't have Posey's back (Since Posey is now guaranteed to get hit by the Nats at some point this year).

Look, I don't know, for sure, what the reason is. But neither do you, so don't talk as if you know all the inner workings of a teams dynamics.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you obviously know everything that us going on in the Giants clubhouse, can you confirm that Posey did not have direct instructions from either Strickland or the FO to stay out of it? How about if Bochy and/or Posey told Strickland beforehand not to throw at Harper? In that situation, wouldn't it be Strickland who didn't have Posey's back (Since Posey is now guaranteed to get hit by the Nats at some point this year).

Look, I don't know, for sure, what the reason is. But neither do you, so don't talk as if you know all the inner workings of a teams dynamics.

I work for the giants

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work for the giants
First, I have a hard time believing that. But OK, for arguments sake (I have no way of knowing for sure)...

You are saying Posey has not been told to avoid scrums because if his ankle? BS. He is owed 100M additional and he is the face of the franchise. And he has a glass ankle.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I have a hard time believing that. But OK, for arguments sake (I have no way of knowing for sure)...

You are saying Posey has not been told to avoid scrums because if his ankle? BS. He is owed 100M additional and he is the face of the franchise. And he has a glass ankle.

And a glass leg bone which is why trainwrecks at home are becoming rare these days.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it seemed like he realized as he was taking it off that throwing it directly at Strickland was gonna result in more games off than he/the Nats could handle.

Do we honestly think Harper is that smart?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way, dude.
It just takes a certain technique.

:D

giphy.gif

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we honestly think Harper is that smart?

I think that anyone who can tie their shoes is probably that smart. The deciding factor is more whether or not they're able to put it together in the middle of an emotional moment like that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that anyone who can tie their shoes is probably that smart. The deciding factor is more whether or not they're able to put it together in the middle of an emotional moment like that.

Emotion takes over from rationale in a situation like that... SO I don't think Harper was thinking, "hey, I shouldn't throw this helmet, I might get a few less game suspension."

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emotion takes over from rationale in a situation like that... SO I don't think Harper was thinking, "hey, I shouldn't throw this helmet, I might get a few less game suspension."

Anecdotally speaking I've absolutely had incidents playing football, hockey and rugby (I don't recall anything while playing baseball) where I had an emotional reaction to something on the field/ice and almost did something really stupid, but pulled myself back at the last second when I realized what the consequences would be. While it certainly may not be what happened here it doesn't seem totally farfetched to me.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anecdotally speaking I've absolutely had incidents playing football, hockey and rugby (I don't recall anything while playing baseball) where I had an emotional reaction to something on the field/ice and almost did something really stupid, but pulled myself back at the last second when I realized what the consequences would be. While it certainly may not be what happened here it doesn't seem totally farfetched to me.

Yeah I've done that as well... I just don't think that was going through Harper's mind.. I think he just pilled a 50 Cent