• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryan Singer Sexual Assault Allegations

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always suspicious of people who make this claim. Do you read books ignorant of the author?
I can understand thisstance if you are talking Tarrentino or Spielberg or Anderson or Stone or a few others. But the VAST majority of directors fall into the background as cookie cutters.

I think Singer is much closer to the background noise classification than the list of directors I listed (and others). I don’t think he has a very distinctive directorial voice.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why ? It's not uncommon. I've seen many movies I've no idea who directed. But not a single book I've read can I say that I don't know the author. Books don't have directors, so I guess they're not the same thing.
But a director has a style. I use the author analogy because you know what you're gonna get with an authors book. Some books might be better or worse than others, but you know what you're getting. Likewise the same with a directors films.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand thisstance if you are talking Tarrentino or Spielberg or Anderson or Stone or a few others. But the VAST majority of directors fall into the background as cookie cutters.

I think Singer is much closer to the background noise classification than the list of directors I listed (and others). I don’t think he has a very distinctive directorial voice.
I concur about unknown directors, but Singer is (at least I assumed?) VERY well known. I can name all his movies. I dunno, maybe my love of film causes me to pay attention to things like director and studio.