• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruins lose 3OT Thriller, Sox win, Yankees lose...we all win!

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hotmama.jpg

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not really.

I said this last night...this could be, or at least could have been, something far different and more fun than the shit CBS turned into...

But some were hell bent on basically recreating CBS.

If the people who say they're going away really go away? Good. They were most of the problem, and maybe the good posters who left in large part because of those posters who say they're going away will come back again.

but why would things change if the same people migrated over?

most of the regulars made it here

personalities dont change

isnt the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?

so should expecting a different board here make you a little insane?

not saying thats a bad thing

I'll be honest, I had Uno on ignore.......not for anything I had a problem with him personally.......just got tired of the bullshit going back and forth between him and INSERT BOSTON POSTER HERE

I have selectively iggied people here when I didnt feel like dealing with their shit but that never lasted

even stepped away from this place for a week or so, just like you did, when something royally pissed me off

but i dont hold a grudge on someone I know only on a message board and I'm sure that applies to 99 percent of the people here

its a good community here even with the bullshit

why overanalyze it (even though I just did)

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home: .323/.388/.504/.892
Road: .286/.356/.417/.773

120 point OPS gap

still waiting to hear what this has to do with the 2013 All Star game

nothing, as I wasn't discussing the 2013 ASG

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya man

They sent me to Texas for 3 days and I don't even have shit to do here. Gotta get back golfing though, going to Orlando next week so going to play all 4 days I'm there.

I had an appendectomy late last summer, and then of course winter came, so I couldn't play again until I went on vacation in March.

Whenever I've had an outing during the week since, no shit, it's rained. We've been pulled off twice because of lightning.

I can't play on the weekends anymore because my daughter has soccer games, so yeah. I'm itching.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even stepped away from this place for a week or so, just like you did, when something royally pissed me off

Was it Pickles' bullshit about Utley? I agree.

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

isnt the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?

I'll be honest, I had Uno on ignore.......not for anything I had a problem with him personally.......just got tired of the bullshit going back and forth between him and INSERT BOSTON POSTER HERE

I have selectively iggied people here when I didnt feel like dealing with their shit but that never lasted

but i dont hold a grudge on someone I know only on a message board and I'm sure that applies to 99 percent of the people here

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate all of you

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They base the 2013 All Star rosters (which is what this discussion started from) on what someone did in 2011?

He was a dime a dozen 2B when he hasn't been hitting in the handball park

This year he's been downright bad

Neither are particularly complex to figure out

# of second basemen with higher career Road OPS than pedroia since the start of the 2008 season: 4

"dime a dozen"

For DIckshot...

Pedroia career Road OPS: .788

Brandon Phlips: .735

"Brandon Philips, dime a dozen 2b"

~ words never uttered

I know...I'm enraged and smashing my PC screen and shit right now....

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its far worse now ... in terms of the whinning and posters who have left because of it

I guess I haven't noticed. It always seems to be about the same to me regardless who's on the thread at any given time. It's usually entertaining enough to pass the time. That's all I'm after....

Most Driven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

37020-didnt-read-lol-eLU8.gif

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could have stopped after the word "Pickles"

Well known fact around here that you and cereal are my 2 biggest fans

zig is ready to kill both of you for that top spot though

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I wasn't for everybody migrating over. I think that's pretty well documented.

And presto! I was right...

I usually am.

And yeah I agree, it is a good community here. But the good will often get lost in the ocean of shit.

Most Driven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had an appendectomy late last summer, and then of course winter came, so I couldn't play again until I went on vacation in March.

Whenever I've had an outing during the week since, no shit, it's rained. We've been pulled off twice because of lightning.

I can't play on the weekends anymore because my daughter has soccer games, so yeah. I'm itching.

I love playing, I'm not that good, and Long Island courses don't help.. but aching to get out too.

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I haven't noticed. It always seems to be about the same to me regardless who's on the thread at any given time. It's usually entertaining enough to pass the time. That's all I'm after....

True ... thats all im here for also

Im just sick of the actual crying to admins and what not ... its just a messageboard nobody should be getting you that butthurt

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets WRs' job security threatened

Updated: June 13, 2013, 2:34 PM ET
By Matt Ehalt | Special to ESPNNewYork.com

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jets coach Rex Ryan threatened the job security of the team's wide receivers on Thursday as they continue to drop passes during the team's minicamp.
"It has to get better. The fact that I've told everybody about it, is it putting pressure on them? Well, the NFL is a pressure game, you should catch the football," Ryan said, adding that there were even a pair of drops during the team's walk-through Wednesday.

"That's your job, and certainly we know we have to do a better job, but I expect it to happen immediately and it never happened yesterday, either," Ryan said. "We'll have to try to fix that one way or the other. If that's with other players, so be it. If that's guys stepping up and focusing and concentrating more on doing something that should be natural to them, that's a possibility also."
The pass-catchers had a rough day on Wednesday as Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley and even tight end Jeff Cumberland were among those who dropped passes. Hill, the team's second-round pick in the 2012 draft, has particularly struggled to keep his hands on passes, a problem that plagued him last season.
Ryan said the team stresses and teaches all the fundamentals of catching passes and couldn't single out one reason for the multitude of drops. He added that it hasn't been a case of one player contributing most of the drops, but it's been spread across the receivers.
"Whether it's a lack of focus, whether it's a technique thing with hands in different positions, it's probably all of the above," Ryan said. "To me, if you're a receiver, it's hard to expect to make a football team or have a huge contribution if you can't catch the football or you're not consistently catching the football."
Ryan said the team will examine all possibilities when it comes to potentially bringing in a veteran free agent, such as former Jet Braylon Edwards, but the struggles of the receivers showcases how much the Jets need veteran Santonio Holmes to be a factor this season.The team is currently hosting veteran receiver Mike Sims-Walker for a tryout during minicamp.

Holmes, who is recovering after a pair of surgeries due to a Lisfranc injury in his left foot he suffered last September, didn't comment Wednesday about whether he would be ready for the team's opener. Ryan previously said Holmes might begin training camp on the physically unable to perform list.
Last year, Holmes was on his way to having perhaps the best season of his career as he caught 20 passes for 272 yards and one touchdown in the first four games. He suffered his injury against the 49ers on Sept. 30 and underwent surgery in October. He had a second surgery in February to remove plates from his left foot. He's been working off to the side during minicamp.
Ryan said he's confident in Holmes returning but said the team will not rush him back.
"We need Santonio Holmes. I don't think there's any doubt," Ryan said. "[He's] a tremendous football player. First year we had him he won like four games in critical times. He's an MVP of a Super Bowl, making clutch catches, and probably no bigger time than that. That's been his history. Obviously that would be a big shot in the arm for us to get him back out there and healthy."
Holmes has been helping out the receivers during minicamp and has noticed the team's inability to hold on to the football. When asked about Hill, Holmes said: "Stephen, Stephen, Stephen."
"It's been a struggle," Holmes said on Wednesday about the drops. "It's been something that we as receivers really rely on is catching the ball."