• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BRUCE meet SAM

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Irvin returns, he's going to be our starting SAM.

A competition with Malcolm Smith is a total joke, who is a WILL backup, even
if he starts the 1st 4 games.

Irvin Wags KJ = Dangerous

That's a nice trio of backers. Fans will say, well, Irvin isn't very good against the
run and is just a situational pass rusher. At the LOS and being 250, yes, he
gets pushed around in the run game.

Put Irvin in some space and you'll see us utilize his speed to both play run D
and come on timely blitzes.

Our sacks should escalate into the high 40's in 2013. Add Avril, Add Bennett,
get Clem back from acl, get Irvin going after 4 on blitzes and I'm telling you,
don't be surprised if KJ Wright doesn't nail 7 or 8 sacks, too.

This is the most balanced Hawk squad in team history to try to exploit.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are looking at Irvin as playing a role similar to Von Miller. He will line up all over the place and rush from different angles. Can he get 10 sacks out of it? He has potential, but he needs to prove it this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are looking at Irvin as playing a role similar to Von Miller. He will line up all over the place and rush from different angles. Can he get 10 sacks out of it? He has potential, but he needs to prove it this year.

10 sacks in 12 games? That would nearly double his production from last year. I would take it. Compete!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't say how many sacks I think Irvin should get until I know for sure how they're gonna use him, but I would hope that, even in fewer games, he gets at least the 8 sacks he got last year and hopefully they're more spread out than they were last year too.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Smart move. I never thought Irvin could hold up as an every-down player at DE. If he's great in coverage, maybe he can become the next Julian Peterson.

If he isn't any good in coverage, he can be the next Mathias Kiwanuka (one can hope). :)

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move. I never thought Irvin could hold up as an every-down player at DE. If he's great in coverage, maybe he can become the next Julian Peterson.

If he isn't any good in coverage, he can be the next Mathias Kiwanuka (one can hope). :)

If he could be a Julian Peterson type player that would be a dream scenario.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a notion put out there today that Irvin's move to linebacker is a sign of how confident the Seahawks are that Clemons will return in time to play week 1 against Carolina. That's certainly possible, but I think that linebacker was a position that they were planning on testing Irvin out at this year anyway, but I think it was only thought of to this point as one of several ways they were planning on using him. I will say that his move to linebacker might help explain why the Hawks didn't put linebacker higher on their list of needs once they decided that Leroy Hill was done here. Maybe they had it in their heads that Irvin would be the starter there this whole time to better utilize his skills and attributes. I think at least some people expected that Smith had the inside track to the starting spot there, but that it wasn't a particularly exciting option.