• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Boudreau death watch - Update - Fired - Re-hired and soon to be fired?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have fired him after Game 7 against the Blackhawks when he failed to make a single adjustment for 3 periods. The Blackhawks short shifted their forwards the entire game & Bruce just stood behind the bench & watched.

To be fair, I don't think putting him in pads and giving him a stick would have helped.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is he was so outcoached it was pathetic. He didn't have any answers after his team blew a 3-0 lead against the Stars either.

Honestly, Boudreau is a really good coach. You can't put all of that on him. If you have a 3-0 lead, you shouldn't even need a coach to finish off that win as a player.

These are the facts:
-Boudreau has the second highest winning percentage of any active coach with 200 games under his belt, ahead of guys like Babcock and Quenneville.
-He was brought in to coach a struggling team and immediately turned them around.
-The Ducks have won their division in three straight seasons, but only ONCE in the prior 19 years.
-They have gone one round further each of the last three seasons losing in 7 games to the eventual Cup champs last year. His record in playoff series with the Ducks is 3-3.

Frankly, I don't understand why 10 games in people would even be questioning this guy. Let's ignore the body of work and focus on that one game where his team blew a 3-goal lead.

He can coach. He can motivate. He's proven that with multiple teams and on multiple levels. Can he win a Cup? Don't know. It seems like this is more an invention of frustrated fans and the media than the actual team. And when coaches get fired a few games into the season, that says to me they have a crappy GM more than they have a crappy coach. That's just my feeling on the matter.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning percentage doesn't mean shit. John Tortorella is a "Proven Winner" despite a .534 career record.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the bug-eyed walrus back in the league...

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Boudreau is a really good coach. You can't put all of that on him. If you have a 3-0 lead, you shouldn't even need a coach to finish off that win as a player.

These are the facts:
-Boudreau has the second highest winning percentage of any active coach with 200 games under his belt, ahead of guys like Babcock and Quenneville.
-He was brought in to coach a struggling team and immediately turned them around.
-The Ducks have won their division in three straight seasons, but only ONCE in the prior 19 years.
-They have gone one round further each of the last three seasons losing in 7 games to the eventual Cup champs last year. His record in playoff series with the Ducks is 3-3.

Frankly, I don't understand why 10 games in people would even be questioning this guy. Let's ignore the body of work and focus on that one game where his team blew a 3-goal lead.

He can coach. He can motivate. He's proven that with multiple teams and on multiple levels. Can he win a Cup? Don't know. It seems like this is more an invention of frustrated fans and the media than the actual team. And when coaches get fired a few games into the season, that says to me they have a crappy GM more than they have a crappy coach. That's just my feeling on the matter.

He's lost the roooooooooommmm!!!!!!!!!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These are the facts:

He's a bumbling fool outside of hockey, but the man can coach. If he's fired I know plenty of teams that will want to scoop him up. Really thought the Pens may be that team, but 6-1 in last 7? Not happening.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a bumbling fool outside of hockey, but the man can coach. If he's fired I know plenty of teams that will want to scoop him up. Really thought the Pens may be that team, but 6-1 in last 7? Not happening.
The Phil needs time to start providing, but The Phil will always provide. Faith in The Phil is faith in life.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Phil needs time to start providing, but The Phil will always provide. Faith in The Phil is faith in life.

I love that guy. Seriously. I love him. Also, I had a hotdog for lunch on Wednesday, and he scored. Soooo...I may be ingesting carcinogens, but Phil scores when I have them.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope. Richards lost it a month into last season and got a three year extension this summer.

He has more recent experience behind the bench than Randy, so I hope he enjoys coaching Anaheim.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 more years of this guy for the ducks ... and an NTC

kb.gif

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Kyle Palmieri was the key to that team. So far he has 7 points for the Devils (3-4-7) vs. a total combined of 6 for Perry/Kessler/Getzlaf. Clearly Anaheim should have traded Perry to us. I'm pretty sure I can convince Shero to give up Steven Gionta and a mid-level pick for him....

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sbisa and Bieksa are pretty much equals ... AND THEY PLAYED AS A TANDEM LAST YEAR !!!!!

I see Craig Button called Bieksa the worst defenseman in the league right now (silver position goes to teach me how to Dougie Hamilton according to Button)

BRONZE has gotta be Pizzaman

no look buttdefense below!

screen-shot-2015-10-29-at-11-18-03-pm.png