• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns/Steelers suspensions out

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good, my friend. Not apples to apples as in not exact same thing I agree. But both was a guy ripping off the helmet of the other and hitting him with it. Incognito got it far worse than Rudolph.

Have a feeling Garrett gets suspension "reduced" from indefinite but at least through the season/playoffs to maybe through season and allowing him to play in playoffs if by some miracle the Browns make it.

The acts were obviously very similar, my point was that was a play that the majority of sports fans that were not a fan of either of those teams probably didn't see it.

This was a national TV game in primetime...millions more saw it...it's a bigger black eye on the shield. For that reason, I doubt they will take much into account the punishment of the previous act.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The acts were obviously very similar, my point was that was a play that the majority of sports fans that were not a fan of either of those teams probably didn't see it.

This was a national TV game in primetime...millions more saw it...it's a bigger black eye on the shield. For that reason, I doubt they will take much into account the punishment of the previous act.
No doubt timing played a role (but not sure it should). If this is a sunday at 1pm game and/or Garrett committed his act on a lineman and not a QB I think his suspension is 2-3 games max.

To me, the worst act in all this was Ogunjobi. He came after and knocked over Rudolph who did not see him coming.

What do you think the narrative is if we subbed Rudolph and garrett for Baker and Watt (meaning Browns losing, Baker sacked and tries to rip off Watt's helmet, then goes after Watt and get hit like Rudolph did?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt timing played a role (but not sure it should). If this is a sunday at 1pm game and/or Garrett committed his act on a lineman and not a QB I think his suspension is 2-3 games max.

To me, the worst act in all this was Ogunjobi. He came after and knocked over Rudolph who did not see him coming.

What do you think the narrative is if we subbed Rudolph and garrett for Baker and Watt (meaning Browns losing, Baker sacked and tries to rip off Watt's helmet, then goes after Watt and get hit like Rudolph did?

Exposure...maybe it shouldn't matter, but has proven to mean something to the league. Remember the way NFL responded after the Ray Rice tape came out. Pre tape, he had one punishment, post tape, he had another entirely.

Ogunjobi…yeah, I can see that POV, but his role got the right amount of punishment to me.

Narrative...I'm struggling with a reason it would be different, therefore I don't think there would be any difference.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exposure...maybe it shouldn't matter, but has proven to mean something to the league. Remember the way NFL responded after the Ray Rice tape came out. Pre tape, he had one punishment, post tape, he had another entirely.

Ogunjobi…yeah, I can see that POV, but his role got the right amount of punishment to me.

Narrative...I'm struggling with a reason it would be different, therefore I don't think there would be any difference.
Baker is hated by many while Rudolph is not?

I am certain many here would put the onus on the "punk" Baker for asking for it. If there was any thought of Baker wanting to prosecute he'd be laughed at IMO.

Rest of nation? Most would be ripping Baker like they often do.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
70090525_10217972883706873_5361579431338967040_n.jpg

Myles took it too far, but this guy was not suspended at all? That said, I'm glad he'll play in 2 weeks.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker is hated by many while Rudolph is not?

I am certain many here would put the onus on the "punk" Baker for asking for it. If there was any thought of Baker wanting to prosecute he'd be laughed at IMO.

Rest of nation? Most would be ripping Baker like they often do.

I think from the league perspective it would be very much the same...you seem to be referring to public sentiment...why does that matter?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think from the league perspective it would be very much the same...you seem to be referring to public sentiment...why does that matter?
Just a conversation....I cannot talk to people in the league here and ask their thoughts.

But I do know this act led to no suspension....

77384144_470815046873379_8085563100528377856_n.png

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a conversation....I cannot talk to people in the league here and ask their thoughts.

But I do know this act led to no suspension....

77384144_470815046873379_8085563100528377856_n.png

I guess the way I look at it...it doesn't matter what players or fans think of Mayfield...the officials and NY NFL people should handle all player situations like that one that played out last Thurs night the same way.

Who cares what fans would say?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the way I look at it...it doesn't matter what players or fans think of Mayfield...the officials and NY NFL people should handle all player situations like that one that played out last Thurs night the same way.

Who cares what fans would say?
I think they do care about public perception. don't kid yourself.

You think it's the same punishment if instead of hitting a QB in a national game he hits a lineman in a 1pm sunday game?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they do care about public perception. don't kid yourself.

You think it's the same punishment if instead of hitting a QB in a national game he hits a lineman in a 1pm sunday game?

Don't kid myself? Not sure if I understand.

You made a hypothetical comment about if it was Mayfield...maybe I didn't get the jest of what that was about, but from an NFL perspective I don't think there would be any difference.

As far as what media and fans would say b/c they like or dislike Mayfield...no, I would not care about what haters would say.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't kid myself? Not sure if I understand.

You made a hypothetical comment about if it was Mayfield...maybe I didn't get the jest of what that was about, but from an NFL perspective I don't think there would be any difference.

As far as what media and fans would say b/c they like or dislike Mayfield...no, I would not care about what haters would say.
Yes, don't kid yourself. sounds like you are saying NFL does not care about public perception and I'm saying they do. 1pm Sunday game he hits a lineman IMO he gets a lighter suspension than hitting a QB in a national game.

Just my opinion......though we did see choking a WR did not result in a suspension (and, FTR, I didn't think it should).

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
70090525_10217972883706873_5361579431338967040_n.jpg

Myles took it too far, but this guy was not suspended at all? That said, I'm glad he'll play in 2 weeks.
Willy McGinest said the same thing the other day. No defending what Garrett did either because he went wayyy too far but for Rudolph to get off scott free is wrong too. This kid should get at least a game, if not 2 for his actions in all of this. He is far from an innocent victim. Any other player besides QB, I think there is a suspension.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, don't kid yourself. sounds like you are saying NFL does not care about public perception and I'm saying they do. 1pm Sunday game he hits a lineman IMO he gets a lighter suspension than hitting a QB in a national game.

Just my opinion......though we did see choking a WR did not result in a suspension (and, FTR, I didn't think it should).

Okay...I think maybe you misunderstood my point...the NFL absolutely cares about public perception...that's why Ray Rice's punishment increased after video came out. I'm not sure what that had to do with your Mayfield hypothetical.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...I think maybe you misunderstood my point...the NFL absolutely cares about public perception...that's why Ray Rice's punishment increased after video came out. I'm not sure what that had to do with your Mayfield hypothetical.
sorry...misunderstood. Thought you were saying NFL does not care.

My point with Baker was solely fan perception. Many of those ripping Garrett and wanting to absolve Baker would have ripped Baker and absolved Watt in my hypothetical. Or at least said their punishments should be similar.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry...misunderstood. Thought you were saying NFL does not care.

My point with Baker was solely fan perception. Many of those ripping Garrett and wanting to absolve Baker would have ripped Baker and absolved Watt in my hypothetical. Or at least said their punishments should be similar.

Baker...you're right you would get some haters for sure...but if Watt ripped off his helmet and blasted him with it, even most of the haters would be on Mayfield's side if they are true football fans.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker...you're right you would get some haters for sure...but if Watt ripped off his helmet and blasted him with it, even most of the haters would be on Mayfield's side if they are true football fans.
Rational fans would be, but as we know most fans are not rational. They are 100% one side or the other. Never an in between. Those that are Baker critics and don't like him would blame him for starting the ordeal and call him a punk.

And, yes, his fanboys would absolve him of all wrongdoing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rational fans would be, but as we know most fans are not rational. They are 100% one side or the other. Never an in between. Those that are Baker critics and don't like him would blame him for starting the ordeal and call him a punk.

And, yes, his fanboys would absolve him of all wrongdoing.

Actually I think the opposite...most fan are rational.

It's the small percentage that are the lunatic fringe.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s usually very good but this one was exceptional. Haha