• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns being Browns

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you watched any Browns games if I were to guess. For starters, he had 37 catches on 44 targets, so I'm not sure where you're getting your data. Secondly, when he was in the game at the same time as Chubb, he was a more than willing blocker, as well. He played great for the Browns. If he hadn't they would've already cut him.

And again, I couldn't possibly care less about the weed. If he gets suspended, I blame the NFL for it's idiotic policies.

He's a dumbass because he knew the rules and he chose weed over millions of $$

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what your beliefs are or why mine are. Rules r rules. We've seen guys without charges get popped
With suspensions time and again fwiw. Like I said I'm not disagreeing with you. But I'm gonna guess your company haS a drug policy. Do You follow it? If you don't is there consequences? Why is it different because he's an athlete? One granted a massive second chance at something few ppl Get.
The only time a company I've worked for tested for drugs was if you had a company car, which makes sense. Otherwise, they don't drug-test, no. Why? Because it's a stupid waste of time and money. Moreover, it's far from being a "performance enhancer", so it's stupid for the NFL to test for it. I'm not going to call any athlete a dumbass for smoking weed. I'm going to call the NFL dumbasses for still caring about it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a dumbass because he knew the rules and he chose weed over millions of $$
I will guarantee you this - if he comes out and plays this year and plays well, he will get paid. The fake outrage over weed means nothing to owners if you can help them win games.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time a company I've worked for tested for drugs was if you had a company car, which makes sense. Otherwise, they don't drug-test, no. Why? Because it's a stupid waste of time and money. Moreover, it's far from being a "performance enhancer", so it's stupid for the NFL to test for it. I'm not going to call any athlete a dumbass for smoking weed. I'm going to call the NFL dumbasses for still caring about it.
hunt was in a car FWIW. Regardless, i assume there are policies with whatever company you work for that you disagree with. you still have to follow them. If you don't, there are consequences. That becomes your choice. But if you get fired for it, you aren't gonna get much support, the policies were laid out for you. You agreed to them when you took employment. So did hunt.

He is playing a game few get to play. Hes getting paid enough money to take care of him for a very long time if hes smart with it. Hes in a situation that only the elite get. He screwed up. He was even granted a second chance. You cant not be around drugs for a few years to honor what you signed up for?

just my two cents. It has nothing to do with what my beliefs are on a drug, or a drug policy. It has to do with honoring a contract, a second chance, and following stated rules. Change the drug to Meth and heroine. Its the same thing for me.

I will guarantee you this - if he comes out and plays this year and plays well, he will get paid. The fake outrage over weed means nothing to owners if you can help them win games.
you're 100% correct, like i said, its not about the weed per-say

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right poor phrasing. There is not ouch they can say publicly. I guess
Imho better to just shut up. That culture is already under such scrutiny.
Pretty sure they were asked in pressers. Not like they called reporters together to tell them the "news" they'd talk.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hunt was in a car FWIW. Regardless, i assume there are policies with whatever company you work for that you disagree with. you still have to follow them. If you don't, there are consequences. That becomes your choice. But if you get fired for it, you aren't gonna get much support, the policies were laid out for you. You agreed to them when you took employment. So did hunt.

He is playing a game few get to play. Hes getting paid enough money to take care of him for a very long time if hes smart with it. Hes in a situation that only the elite get. He screwed up. He was even granted a second chance. You cant not be around drugs for a few years to honor what you signed up for?

just my two cents. It has nothing to do with what my beliefs are on a drug, or a drug policy. It has to do with honoring a contract, a second chance, and following stated rules. Change the drug to Meth and heroine. Its the same thing for me.

you're 100% correct, like i said, its not about the weed per-say
Being in a car doesn't really matter, it's not a Browns car. I understand the idea of people with company cars having to pass drug tests (it was only something that happened with my past companies if you were in an accident, for the record), but not if you're an NFL football player. It's an antiquated rule that should've been trashed decades ago. Given the therapeutic qualities that marijuana is proven to have, it's utter bullshit that a player - who is punishing their body every week in a brutal, physical sport - should be punished for using it.

Also, meth and heroine have nothing to do with marijuana other than idiotic lawmakers who lump marijuana in with them as a controlled substance. They're nothing alike. You can do meth or heroine one time and die from an OD, and the physical toll both of those take on your body are lightyears worse than pot.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being in a car doesn't really matter, it's not a Browns car. I understand the idea of people with company cars having to pass drug tests (it was only something that happened with my past companies if you were in an accident, for the record), but not if you're an NFL football player. It's an antiquated rule that should've been trashed decades ago. Given the therapeutic qualities that marijuana is proven to have, it's utter bullshit that a player - who is punishing their body every week in a brutal, physical sport - should be punished for using it.

Also, meth and heroine have nothing to do with marijuana other than idiotic lawmakers who lump marijuana in with them as a controlled substance. They're nothing alike. You can do meth or heroine one time and die from an OD, and the physical toll both of those take on your body are lightyears worse than pot.
It doesnt matter. you got a second chance. You take precautions. Again, your basing this on the fact its weed. I dont care what it was, its a rule. Your whole argument comes back to your support of pot, which is not what my argument is. We'll part there, were running in circles.

Sheer curiosity quesiton. If someone smoked some crap weed, and was high as kite, dulled a bit mentally. Crashed into you because you braked a little quick, would you be upset?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesnt matter. you got a second chance. You take precautions. Again, your basing this on the fact its weed. I dont care what it was, its a rule. Your whole argument comes back to your support of pot, which is not what my argument is. We'll part there, were running in circles.

Sheer curiosity quesiton. If someone smoked some crap weed, and was high as kite, dulled a bit mentally. Crashed into you because you braked a little quick, would you be upset?
I understand what you're saying, he broke a rule. I just think it's an unfair, stupid rule. It'd be like if you got fired if you got caught jaywalking. Technically it's not legal, but why the hell would your employer give a shit if you're doing it? It makes no sense, and I'd support you if you were reprimanded for breaking such a stupid rule.

I'd be pissed as hell if someone was driving high. There was no indication he was high while he was driving or when he got pulled over, just that he had smoked weed recently and had it on him. No different than if you drank 3 days ago and got pulled over with a 6-pack in your car. However, just like if you were driving while you're hammered, yeah I'd be furious if someone hit me if they were driving while high at the time

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you're saying, he broke a rule. I just think it's an unfair, stupid rule. It'd be like if you got fired if you got caught jaywalking. Technically it's not legal, but why the hell would your employer give a shit if you're doing it? It makes no sense, and I'd support you if you were reprimanded for breaking such a stupid rule.

I'd be pissed as hell if someone was driving high. There was no indication he was high while he was driving or when he got pulled over, just that he had smoked weed recently and had it on him. No different than if you drank 3 days ago and got pulled over with a 6-pack in your car. However, just like if you were driving while you're hammered, yeah I'd be furious if someone hit me if they were driving while high at the time

Yeah i mean i get yah. I understand the argument. I also agree with the points. To my question and otherwise. I just think if you know the rules, follow them. Your granted a gift to be a pro athlete. He was granted a MASSIVE gift at a second chance. I just know if that was me. I would be doing EVERYTHING i could to not mess up. If I knew someone used drugs, etc etc id be covering my ass all day long.

This is a poor example. But an ex friend, got into selling drugs, pretty heavy. Everytime I got in the car with him, I'd say, whats in the car. HE'd tell me nothing. Id say ok, Im gonna look, and low and behold id usually find something, and i would leave. I didnt wanna put myself in that situation. I would really think some of these athletes with histories would do the same, for the 5 seconds it takes to make sure.