• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Browns @ 49ers

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The turning point in the game without a doubt...not saying they win but they have a shot. It's a 14-10 game, instead butterfingers not only drops it but hands it to the other team lolzz
the play I showed you is actually a different one than the play you are thinking about. Take a look.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how things regressed once Odel showed up.

I blame Kitchens more than anyone. His playcalling has been pretty miserable. Now he is force-feeding Odell, putting him at QB and RB...give me a fucking break. If Kitchens cant call plays where Mayfield can get it out of his hands quick then he isn't doing his job...does he realize the OL sucks. Fucking call some slants or stop routes ffs. I didn't mind the Kitchens hire...bc at least in was an in house hire and I didn't see any other great candidates but he isn't doing very well. He needs to show what he is made of in these next 2 games or he stint will be short

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the play I showed you is actually a different one than the play you are thinking about. Take a look.

At work, can't access. Either way that TD pass to Callaway WAS the turning point. There were other key plays too but that is the obvious one.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Kitchens more than anyone. His playcalling has been pretty miserable. Now he is force-feeding Odell, putting him at QB and RB...give me a fucking break. If Kitchens cant call plays where Mayfield can get it out of his hands quick then he isn't doing his job...does he realize the OL sucks. Fucking call some slants or stop routes ffs. I didn't mind the Kitchens hire...bc at least in was an in house hire and I didn't see any other great candidates but he isn't doing very well. He needs to show what he is made of in these next 2 games or he stint will be short
I agree. Kitchens is shitting the bed.
but booger liked it. Claims do whatever to get OBJ the ball.
I disagree of course. Throw to the open guy, but more importantly I think Chubb is your most dangerous guy on offense. get him the ball if you feel you have to force anything.
I do think Kitchens is hurting this team right now though. it feels like he is in over his head.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah..I'm sure it's just coincidence that he's 4-20 without him. Look, I get it. Missing a lot of other players last year, as well. Seems he is like many coaches...give him a lot of talent and he can be successful.
Yes we know, no such thing as a good coach

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

My main gripe would be Kitchens not dialing up some quicker passes as well since it was obvious that there was no way the offensive line was going to hold out long enough to hit anything deeper.

But to fair once the 9ers flipped that play that would've likely made it 14-10 into an INT that lead to 21-3 it was over for the Browns.

Against the 9ers front there was no way you were going to be able to pass your way back into the game and the only shot to win it was running the ball and stopping the run and forcing the 9ers into having the pass to get back into which plays into the strength of the Browns defense.

If the Browns are going to win it's going to have to be with a heavy dosage of Chubb. Even if he doesn't get a ton of yards the running game has to be a threat to a defense to keep them honest and not in permanent pass rush mode.

The silver lining for the Browns is that the 9ers are probably the worst possible matchup they'll face all year. I don't see another team on their schedule with the combination of running the ball as well as the 9ers and being able to defend like they do. Seattle and the Pats come close but I don't think their running the ball combined with their defense is quite as good as the 9ers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Dorsey hire I think he has a very long leash.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At work, can't access. Either way that TD pass to Callaway WAS the turning point. There were other key plays too but that is the obvious one.
no doubt. This was another one in the end zone. A little high but Callaway kind of short arms it to avoid a potential hit.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kitchens is going to wear out his welcome. Baker starting to see ghosts is gonna get Dorsey's and Haslam's attention, and in the bad way.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree of course. Throw to the open guy, but more importantly I think Chubb is your most dangerous guy on offense. get him the ball if you feel you have to force anything.
I do think Kitchens is hurting this team right now though. it feels like he is in over his head.
And he tries to be appear smart in some respects and it makes him look dumber. Not deferring when he wins the toss? He's done that twice now.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he tries to be appear smart in some respects and it makes him look dumber. Not deferring when he wins the toss? He's done that twice now.
As much as there is to criticize for Kitchens, there doesn't appear to be any special advantage to deferring to open the game. Still team defer, but it's more of a stylistic and contextual choice.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as there is to criticize for Kitchens, there doesn't appear to be any special advantage to deferring to open the game. Still team defer, but it's more of a stylistic and contextual choice.
advantage is psychological as it gets closer to half you know you are getting the ball first in the second half either to enhance your lead or to try and come back.

Can also change the way you play end of first half if you know you get the ball first as opposed to your opponent.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wont get an argument from me. I like the guy and hoped he would succeed. Still do. But many here think Dorsey can do no wrong so they counted it as a lock Freddie was the right choice.

sure, I hoped he would stay on as OC as it seemed he worked well with Baker, but the idea they would not hire a better HC candidate who would not keep Kitchens was absurd to me.

Heard Arians was ok keeping Freddie he would have been a better choice imo

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Booger is an idiot. It seemed like last year they were just playing, now they are trying to force feed players in certain games. They are just playing with no flow and I think playcalling is a huge reason why. I agree 100% Chubb is their most important weapon, when they get behind big it hurts bc he gets the ball less. Kitchens is still young though, I mean lots of these young HC's go through tough times before having success but how long do they wait is the question? Way too early.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Arians was ok keeping Freddie he would have been a better choice imo

Oh of course but apparently those Arians to Browns rumors weren't true, I heard. He never had any interest...so not sure what other options they had unless they hired Gregg Williams and no thanks to that either.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beyond stupid. Put your defense on the field if you win the toss, every single fucking time and he does the opposite. Cmon, I hate that shit.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Booger is an idiot. It seemed like last year they were just playing, now they are trying to force feed players in certain games. They are just playing with no flow and I think playcalling is a huge reason why. I agree 100% Chubb is their most important weapon, when they get behind big it hurts bc he gets the ball less. Kitchens is still young though, I mean lots of these young HC's go through tough times before having success but how long do they wait is the question? Way too early.
I actually wondered if bringing in OBJ might hurt Mayfield.
You know they (coaches, OBJ, whoever) would want to put emphasis on getting OBJ the ball. Which could hurt the dynamic of the offensive success.
Thing that makes Brady, Brees type veteran QBs. They will throw to whoever, whenever they are open. They have been around long enough to not feel they are being pressured into forcing to name player.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wondered if bringing in OBJ might hurt Mayfield.
You know they (coaches, OBJ, whoever) would want to put emphasis on getting OBJ the ball. Which could hurt the dynamic of the offensive success.
Thing that makes Brady, Brees type veteran QBs. They will throw to whoever, whenever they are open. They have been around long enough to not feel they are being pressured into forcing to name player.

Maybe he just needs time or maybe he just isn't right for the position...only time will tell but I think he is just trying to hard. Simplify it and go back to what worked last season. You can do flashy plays every now and then but it is not necessary. Some of these playcalls seem like he is just trying too hard...go deep on 3rd and short. Just not smart. And Baker is a young player, I don't think he is necessarily forcing to Odell but it's a combination of things. He plays better when the game just comes to him, he seems like he is just thinking about too many things.