• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Browns @ 49ers

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does he forget how good when Jimmy G didn't play and other studs were missing? 4-20 is pretty bad.
I just agreed with you. Coaching doesn't matter, you're so right.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh of course but apparently those Arians to Browns rumors weren't true, I heard. He never had any interest...so not sure what other options they had unless they hired Gregg Williams and no thanks to that either.

Gotcha

Yea you never know what's true

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya...just some guys that are like that when first name more "catchy" or unique maybe? Not that he's on their level, but Lebron and Shaq also come to mind.

I care not about hoops. Not one iota.

I was comparing to NFL QBs.

It's like he's done something special.

It's early and he has no O line. But neither does Russel Wilson.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D9WTFHAUwAE5KKd.jpg:large

Oops :dhd:
That's the idiot on NFLN that does the stupid fantasy shit, isn't it. Looking at that schedule though, I would say the Niners are a 10 win team. That is splitting with Rams and Hawks. What do you think @Jikkle ?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns O-Line is bad and a bad O-line can wreck a QB. If they can get that taken care of in the offseason then things should really turn around.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the idiot on NFLN that does the stupid fantasy shit, isn't it. Looking at that schedule though, I would say the Niners are a 10 win team. That is splitting with Rams and Hawks. What do you think @Jikkle ?

Very reasonable expectation

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GB, Balt and Saints is a tough 3 game stretch. I'd too go 10 win minimum splitting with LA and Sea.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you have as losses?

if the they split with rams and seahawks thats four more losses... to whom?

Redskins
Panthers
Cardinals
Cardinals
Packers
Ravens
Saints
Falcons

You see the niners losing four of those?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Redskins
Panthers
Cardinals
Cardinals
Packers
Ravens
Saints
Falcons

the possibles
Panthers, Packers, Saints & the falcons as bad as they are can upset any team.

you definitely shouldnt lose to the Skins, Cards, or ravens, which typically means a good team loses to an unexpected weak team somewhere. I remember the Dolphins beating the Pats last year & they couldnt get out of their own way.
There have been teams favored by a ton & end up losing a game. Not far fetched to lose a game you are favored in.
Losing 4 more games is very doable.
However if the niners are as good as a lot are advertising. I dont see them going 500 the rest of the way. So that would mean 11 wins min. (barring injuries of course)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see them winning one out of the two between Seattle or New England

With Seattle it's iffy because Seattle wants to do the same things the 9ers just did but they just aren't quite as good as doing them as the 9ers. Seattle's main X-factor is RW but the Browns have a good pass rush and I would imagine they'll have their starting DBs back this week. It's a 10 am East Coast game for the Seahawks but the Seahawks are on a mini bye and the Browns are on the short week.

New England will be another interesting one if they can't get their offense going especially the running game. With the Browns pass rush Brady could take a beating if it turns into a game where he has to throw it a lot. But New England's defense is strong and we've seen how Baker folds under duress so New England's defense might be enough to win it for them.

SEA...as you say, they want to pound the ball and they go about the passing game a little differently than SF...but CLE needs to solve the run DEF. I've seen teams struggle with run DEF and the fix is easier said than done. I like the CLE DL vs SEA OL matchup, but RW is a true difference maker. At the same time, I like the SEA DL over the CLE OL as well. On paper it should be a fairly low scoring game, but you never know...I give them a 50/50 shot to get that W.

@ NE...coming off the bye, but no W here. I agree that CLE has the edge players to give Brady some trouble, but the real damage is done from the inside to pressure him...I don't think CLE will win this one, but this will be a game getting the starting CBs could be a big help.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Redskins
Panthers
Cardinals
Cardinals
Packers
Ravens
Saints
Falcons

I just see the second half of their schedule as really difficult. That 10 win scenario will always be approximate +/- 1 game anyway but it's a really tough haul for your guys, especially having that early bye week. Attrition might take a toll.
I can easily see 3 losses in a row to the Packers, Ravens, Saints and even possibly Atlanta being a spoiler. But maybe 11 wins. Those last 2 games vs. Rams and @ Seahawks will be dogfights. Gonna be an interesting finish to the season. Cheers and good luck to y'all.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh of course but apparently those Arians to Browns rumors weren't true, I heard. He never had any interest...so not sure what other options they had unless they hired Gregg Williams and no thanks to that either.
Not rumors. Heard Arians say he wanted the job.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond stupid. Put your defense on the field if you win the toss, every single fucking time and he does the opposite. Cmon, I hate that shit.
Especially against a tough D like SF? What the hell is he thinking.

Helps so much psychologically knowing you come out of half getting the ball.......whether winning or losing going in.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wondered if bringing in OBJ might hurt Mayfield.
You know they (coaches, OBJ, whoever) would want to put emphasis on getting OBJ the ball. Which could hurt the dynamic of the offensive success.
Thing that makes Brady, Brees type veteran QBs. They will throw to whoever, whenever they are open. They have been around long enough to not feel they are being pressured into forcing to name player.
Definitely seems like they are afraid of pissing off OBJ and make sure he's involved.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just agreed with you. Coaching doesn't matter, you're so right.
And now you are changing my mind and I disagree. I'm sure he just forgot what was working and was listening to too many voices when he went 4-20. Maybe he learned.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, not as the play by play guy is calling the play.

Then it's Prescott or Garropolo. Or Brady. Or Rodgers. Even Rothlesberger.

But instead it's "Baker, back to pass. Baker, sacked."....
Yeah...they also call Dak by first name during play by play. And often Big Ben or Ben.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns O-Line is bad and a bad O-line can wreck a QB. If they can get that taken care of in the offseason then things should really turn around.
This is true, but QB plays a role as well. I thought it was more on the line against SF but there are games where Baker holds the ball too much.

with same line last year the guy was sacked a ton in first half last year, then only 5 times in second when the scheme was changed.