• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns' 2014 Draft Wishlist

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns need to avoid the AJ McCarrons of the world and instead focus on building a team that any halfway decent QB could play with.

Amen. Him & that Hollywood type GF would not be a good fit in Cleveland. Frankly Im hoping Hoyer will be back. Local boy, has great stuff - can get us where we want to be with no drama

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen. Him & that Hollywood type GF would not be a good fit in Cleveland. Frankly Im hoping Hoyer will be back. Local boy, has great stuff - can get us where we want to be with no drama

Unless Bridgewater or Marriota fall in their lap, I would agree with this. I liked what Hoyer showed in his limited time: quick decision making, quick release, just enough mobility. Get him another WR threat like Evans to go along with Gordon and Cameron and he can really get some things done IMO.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Jacksonville will be able to out-suck Cleveland and get the #1 pick and will likely take Teddy Bridgewater.

In all likelihood, Cleveland will have a top 10 pick and a late round 1st to go with it.

How about Michael Evans from aTm with the early pick and AJ McCarron with the late 1st round pick?

Assuming we can hold on to Gordon, we could have him and Evans at WR and Cameron at TE. I think McCarron will be a pretty solid Pro, definitely has the makeup and knows how to win.

I'd be happy/excited about that draft if it played out. :yahoo:

Draft position...probably right about Jax, and with that in mind I would keep Gordon because you're not going to out suck Jax...Gordon looks to be at worst a solid number 2, but has #1 skills doubtful you'll get his equal in this draft.

Picks...Evans is a no brainer...If PIT gets no better and ends up top 10, I would lobby for Evans.

McCarron...love him as a college player, but he seems more like backup talent at the next level...If I were the GM in CLE, I would've gone after Freeman this season, and still taken a QB in the draft...probably Hogan from Stanford...the kid I'd really want is the QB @ FSU but we're talking about the '15 draft most likely..

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft position...probably right about Jax, and with that in mind I would keep Gordon because you're not going to out suck Jax...Gordon looks to be at worst a solid number 2, but has #1 skills doubtful you'll get his equal in this draft.

Picks...Evans is a no brainer...If PIT gets no better and ends up top 10, I would lobby for Evans.

McCarron...love him as a college player, but he seems more like backup talent at the next level...If I were the GM in CLE, I would've gone after Freeman this season, and still taken a QB in the draft...probably Hogan from Stanford...the kid I'd really want is the QB @ FSU but we're talking about the '15 draft most likely..

Guess I was putting too much stock in McCarron's record as a QB.

I really hope they can get Evans though. On 2nd thought, I'd rather roll the dice next yr with a healthy Hoyer at QB than waste a 1st round pick on a QB that has mediocre upside.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, rather than take a wideout with the first pick I'd go OL. Receivers with the exception of a handful are a dime a dozen. Gordon and Cameron are 2 solid targets. You could hold off and draft a quality wideout in the 2nd round, sign a free agent wideout and you have a good group of receiving targets. I'd go o-line first pick, best available 2nd pick, a lot of D prospects in 20-30 range.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I was putting too much stock in McCarron's record as a QB.

I really hope they can get Evans though. On 2nd thought, I'd rather roll the dice next yr with a healthy Hoyer at QB than waste a 1st round pick on a QB that has mediocre upside.

McCarron...clearly a winner, has some talent, but just was never asked to be "the Man" @ Bama...the kid I really like as a pro prospect from the SEC is Zach Mettenberger from LSU...6'5" 230 big arm, decent feet...playing under a pro OC right now.

Hoyer...we've had him recently in PIT...admittedly he looked better in CLE, but some guys are just stop gap players. Even though I think with Norv Turner Freeman could be turned around, but that's really what I would want from him...bridge the gap to the draft pick.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, rather than take a wideout with the first pick I'd go OL. Receivers with the exception of a handful are a dime a dozen. Gordon and Cameron are 2 solid targets. You could hold off and draft a quality wideout in the 2nd round, sign a free agent wideout and you have a good group of receiving targets. I'd go o-line first pick, best available 2nd pick, a lot of D prospects in 20-30 range.

OL...in CLE? IMO they quietly have one of the better young OLs )pro bowl LT, C, both Gs are solid, and Schartz may not be a stud but he started a ton as a rookie).

The Draft...Bridgewater goes #1, the 2 OTs projected to go 1st round early are probably going to top 10, then you have Clowney, Evans, Barr.

I think Lombardi is going to pick a QB and to guess right now I'm thinking Manziel or Marriota will be on the board and he's going with the bigger guy.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarron...clearly a winner, has some talent, but just was never asked to be "the Man" @ Bama...the kid I really like as a pro prospect from the SEC is Zach Mettenberger from LSU...6'5" 230 big arm, decent feet...playing under a pro OC right now.

Hoyer...we've had him recently in PIT...admittedly he looked better in CLE, but some guys are just stop gap players. Even though I think with Norv Turner Freeman could be turned around, but that's really what I would want from him...bridge the gap to the draft pick.

I'm not high at all on Freeman.

I think there is a pretty big disconnect between what fans in general think is a good draft pick and what actually constitutes a good pick. In the first round, you need to select a guy that is going to be a starter on your team, preferably a starter for a long time. QB is very hit and miss whereas lineman usually pan out pretty well. So, IMO, unless you are gifted with a cant-miss guy like Andrew Luck was or like people are saying Bridgewater might be (or Marriota?), then I'd rather look to a different position. Same thing applies to WR IMO. Unless you have a beast like Calvin Johnson, then maybe look to a safer choice. I think Evans could be of that ilk tho, unsure about his 40 time, but he seems like a complete cant-miss stud.

You always need good linemen, and I think the Browns could do with a solid MLB if either positions are available late in the 1st. If JFF is still there at the 28th pick or where-ever our pick from the Colts ends up, then maybe consider him then. Otherwise, I'm out on that guy...just too many question marks for me and too important a position to take a flier on in the 1st round.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns need to stop reaching with all of these shiny QB's

load up on the Lines and skill players

then you can get a QB

that is what KC has done and just look at them now

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aj mccarron will be garbage in the nfl. I think that's pretty obvious. I'd be surprised if he was picked before the 4th rd. people need to chill on Johnny manziel too he will be a late second rounder at best. If I were the browns I would try to get the qb from ucla he looks legit. We are also in serious need of a couple guards and some defensive backs.