• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns' 2014 Draft Wishlist

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Jacksonville will be able to out-suck Cleveland and get the #1 pick and will likely take Teddy Bridgewater.

In all likelihood, Cleveland will have a top 10 pick and a late round 1st to go with it.

How about Michael Evans from aTm with the early pick and AJ McCarron with the late 1st round pick?

Assuming we can hold on to Gordon, we could have him and Evans at WR and Cameron at TE. I think McCarron will be a pretty solid Pro, definitely has the makeup and knows how to win.

I'd be happy/excited about that draft if it played out. :yahoo:

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think AJ McCarron fits what you guys want to do. You need someone with more arm talent. Honestly, is there any QB in this coming draft that has the "wow" arm? Maybe Boyd? All of them seem to be more west coast type QBs.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think AJ McCarron fits what you guys want to do. You need someone with more arm talent. Honestly, is there any QB in this coming draft that has the "wow" arm? Maybe Boyd? All of them seem to be more west coast type QBs.

Boyd is going to be a bust. Too inaccurate.

JFF i guess would fit the scheme, but he is such a wildcard that I have no idea about him. Its likely that he is gone by the time that Indy pick comes around to us anyhow and I would not want to use a top10 or top5 pick on him. Would rather get the safer pick in Evans.

Frankly, I think McCarron will be the better pro. Certainly an improvement from Weeden. All they need is an Alex Smith type of game manager TBH.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns need to avoid the AJ McCarrons of the world and instead focus on building a team that any halfway decent QB could play with.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyd is going to be a bust. Too inaccurate.

JFF i guess would fit the scheme, but he is such a wildcard that I have no idea about him. Its likely that he is gone by the time that Indy pick comes around to us anyhow and I would not want to use a top10 or top5 pick on him. Would rather get the safer pick in Evans.

Frankly, I think McCarron will be the better pro. Certainly an improvement from Weeden. All they need is an Alex Smith type of game manager TBH.

My understanding was that you guys are trying to run a vertical offense. A game manager can't do that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they should draft mccarron. Evans is a beast, but take him top 10 is not what Cleveland needs.

What QBs I like: Bridgewater, Marriota

What QBs I don't like: Mccarron, Boyd

QBs not sure yet: Manziel, Hundley, Mettenburger

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns need to avoid the AJ McCarrons of the world and instead focus on building a team that any halfway decent QB could play with.

Well their defense can play with anyone from what I've seen from them. And they have some playmakers on offense. They need to get a QB, OL depth, and another RB in this draft.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns D is solid, they could potentially add another player for depth purposes but I think they'd be smart to add O-Line and a potential playmaker at a finesse position on offense.

Joe Thomas and Alex Mack are solid as is Schwartz, draft another player to the o-line and sign a vet, cap casualty type player and the o-line can give whoever is back there some time. Add another receiving threat to go along with Cameron and Gordon, boom all of a sudden the Browns are a threat.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait another year or two and take Winston from Florida State

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they should draft mccarron. Evans is a beast, but take him top 10 is not what Cleveland needs.

What QBs I like: Bridgewater, Marriota

What QBs I don't like: Mccarron, Boyd

QBs not sure yet: Manziel, Hundley, Mettenburger

Marriota?? I haven't seen him play much, maybe I should. If he has RG3 capabilities throwing, then I'd be all for it. The 2 problems I have with it is that there will likely be 2 franchises picking ahead of Cleveland even if the Browns don't win another game the rest of the year: Jacksonville and Tampa. Teddy is gone for sure, and I've heard Jacksonville is also very high on Marriota. So, if we can't get either of those 2, I'd rather get McCarron over any of those remaining QBs.

Just to me, WR is a glaring weakness for the Browns and it was on full display when Gordon was out. I suppose there are other holes that can be filled in the first round if the right players fall to them like O-line and LB.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait another year or two and take Winston from Florida State

Wouldn't mind that at all. Famous Jameis is an absolute stud. :yahoo:

But, I think Cleveland is better than that. They have some good pieces in place already.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Cutler, is in fact, available in FA? DO the Browns grab Cutler and draft some other guy?

Interesting question. Cutler hasn't exactly been awesome in Chicago, but as a FA add...maybe.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But will jacksonville outsuck the Bucs??

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marriota?? I haven't seen him play much, maybe I should. If he has RG3 capabilities throwing, then I'd be all for it. The 2 problems I have with it is that there will likely be 2 franchises picking ahead of Cleveland even if the Browns don't win another game the rest of the year: Jacksonville and Tampa. Teddy is gone for sure, and I've heard Jacksonville is also very high on Marriota. So, if we can't get either of those 2, I'd rather get McCarron over any of those remaining QBs.

Just to me, WR is a glaring weakness for the Browns and it was on full display when Gordon was out. I suppose there are other holes that can be filled in the first round if the right players fall to them like O-line and LB.

I think if the Browns take a chance they do it late 1st round with Manziel. Mccarron is the not the guy, especially early. Bama always has those game managers and they are never any good at the next level, I feel this is the same thing.

I am all for Evans top 10, Manziel late 1st round.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the point in the season we are looking at somewhere between the 11th-13th pick. Browns do have a tough schedule ahead though

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns D is solid, they could potentially add another player for depth purposes but I think they'd be smart to add O-Line and a potential playmaker at a finesse position on offense.

Joe Thomas and Alex Mack are solid as is Schwartz, draft another player to the o-line and sign a vet, cap casualty type player and the o-line can give whoever is back there some time. Add another receiving threat to go along with Cameron and Gordon, boom all of a sudden the Browns are a threat.

You forgot the QB, unless you were implying to take that early 1st rounder with a QB.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot the QB, unless you were implying to take that early 1st rounder with a QB.

QBs are so hit and miss though. Clearly, Cleveland needs one, but if you get to that 2nd tier in the 1st round in the draft, I'd rather try the FA market for a serviceable QB and get a different player that will be a lock starter. Maybe Hoyer will come back healthy next yr. Worth taking a look at him anyhow.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless it's a can't miss QB I'd hold off. I'd build up the team, fill all the gaps and try to find a vet QB to fill in until a big time QB is available or until the situation is manageable for a rookie qb.