• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos sign Phil Taylor

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the signing - one that could give a player a new lease on life - for the Broncos - rather cheaply.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our DL coach I like .

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His name reminds me of a guy who played for the Broncos named "Tracker" Traylor.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little AFCN insight...I'm sure Elway got him at a good price. The Browns felt the knee was in bad shape, apparently didn't envision a full recovery so they spent their 1st of two '15 1st rd picks on a NT and cut him shortly after...I want to say PIT kicked the tires, and felt he wasn't ready to play, but that was LY.

As a depth pick up at the right price...you could do worse...he was a very good player in his prime.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little AFCN insight...I'm sure Elway got him at a good price. The Browns felt the knee was in bad shape, apparently didn't envision a full recovery so they spent their 1st of two '15 1st rd picks on a NT and cut him shortly after...I want to say PIT kicked the tires, and felt he wasn't ready to play, but that was LY.

As a depth pick up at the right price...you could do worse...he was a very good player in his prime.

Thanks for the insight. My guess is with the Broncos it has a lot to do with the fact that they have the GM of the Browns in their FO now that drafted Taylor. He obviously liked the guy a lot in the draft and really Taylor's Rookie year he did very well. So the potential is there.

I would also add this is what Elway loves to do is get the guys who for whatever reason have a couple of red flags whether that be injury, laziness, wrong scheme fit and just kick the tires for a low price and see what happens. My guess is every team does that but it just seems like Elway has a lot of success with it. We did that with Knighton where he wasn't wanted by anybody and got him on the cheap. Brandon Marshall had been cut a few times by the Jaguars then came here and became a star. Darian Stewart is another. Just seems like every year we find that really cheap FA that comes in and performs well above their contract.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker and Smith were beat around that bounced from team to team

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the insight. My guess is with the Broncos it has a lot to do with the fact that they have the GM of the Browns in their FO now that drafted Taylor. He obviously liked the guy a lot in the draft and really Taylor's Rookie year he did very well. So the potential is there.

I would also add this is what Elway loves to do is get the guys who for whatever reason have a couple of red flags whether that be injury, laziness, wrong scheme fit and just kick the tires for a low price and see what happens. My guess is every team does that but it just seems like Elway has a lot of success with it. We did that with Knighton where he wasn't wanted by anybody and got him on the cheap. Brandon Marshall had been cut a few times by the Jaguars then came here and became a star. Darian Stewart is another. Just seems like every year we find that really cheap FA that comes in and performs well above their contract.

I think he might be done as a starter, but obviously kept working on his knee so maybe he still wants to play...10-15 snaps in a rotation with Sly is not bad to have.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he might be done as a starter, but obviously kept working on his knee so maybe he still wants to play...10-15 snaps in a rotation with Sly is not bad to have.

That is my guess of what he will be. Unless injury forces him into that starting role he will be a part of about a 4 man rotation at the NT spot with Sly, Walker, and Kilgo. I think they brought in Taylor to see if he can help where they don't have to use Sly all the time on the NT spot. That maybe they can see what he can do a the DE spot as well.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True story: back when Denver had acquired several former Browns players, I received a nice Broncos winter coat. It's really warm (which means I haven't worn since moving to TX except on trips to Wyoming, but I digress). Anyway the coat had some reflective strips accenting the seems that were supposed read "Broncos" along the strips. But the coat I got actually had the word "Browns" printed on these strips.

I promptly exchanged the coat, but it was funny at the time.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence, planted the seed for the great mystery story: "Boh - as a young BrownCo."