• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

R.I.P. Phil Lesh

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,976.58
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. It seems like all the old guys are starting to die off. I hear Paul McCartney is 82 years old now. That seems impossible,
Mick Jagger & Keith Richards are also octogenarians....and so are Ringo Starr, Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel.

There's also a bunch in their late 70's right behind them.

CletusCooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mick Jagger & Keith Richards are also octogenarians....and so are Ringo Starr, Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel.

There's also a bunch in their late 70's right behind them.
One of the guys I always liked was Joe Walsh. He's gotta be close to that age to, I think. I think he and Ringo Starr are brothers in law.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,976.58
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the guys I always liked was Joe Walsh. He's gotta be close to that age to, I think. I think he and Ringo Starr are brothers in law.
Yeah...he's getting up there too. He'll be 77 next month.
He was born on Nov. 20th...(which is also my Bday)...and I'll be 69.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,976.58
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very cool read…

It really is...I've read "Searching for the Sound".

Jerry, Billy and Mickey were the perfect bandmates willing to explore various genres with him..Bobby too.....hence their long jazz influenced improvisational jams on some of their earlier recordings....and definitely in later years during pretty much all of their live performances....most of which are absolutely phenomenal. They spawned the jam band movement here in the U.S.

CletusCooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is...I've read "Searching for the Sound".

Jerry, Billy and Mickey were the perfect bandmates willing to explore various genres with him..Bobby too.....hence their long jazz influenced improvisational jams on some of their earlier recordings....and definitely in later years during pretty much all of their live performances....most of which are absolutely phenomenal. They spawned the jam band movement here in the U.S.
Its cool if you like that. I don't. when I go to see a band I want to hear the songs I came there for like they were played on the record. I don't want some improvisational jam session. Some do I guess because there were a lot of Dead fans.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,976.58
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its cool if you like that. I don't. when I go to see a band I want to hear the songs I came there for like they were played on the record. I don't want some improvisational jam session. Some do I guess because there were a lot of Dead fans.
They would always do their own songs....and depending on city or venue, sometimes they'd extend them with an interplay jam (longer version) that would blend into another of their tunes...and so on. Usually there would be a theme to it all, even if they were doing a cover or 2 of another band or person...and they'd feed off the energy of the crowd and vice versa.

There was nothing like a live Dead show. Their tours were magic.

CletusCooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would always do their own songs....and depending on city or venue, sometimes they'd extend them with an interplay jam (longer version) that would blend into another of their tunes...and so on. Usually there would be a theme to it all, even if they were doing a cover or 2 of another band or person...and they'd feed off the energy of the crowd and vice versa.

There was nothing like a live Dead show. Their tours were magic.
Cool. I admire groups like the Eagles who are so talented that they can recreate the song live just like it sounds on the record.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,976.58
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3