• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos on the bubble this training camp

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my list:

DeMarcus Walker - who??? Where's the human interest articles about Walker's commitment to the new coaches and the defense? He will need to find a new home - unless he can return from the dead.

Devontae Booker - Booker has been misused and also been useful. He is just getting into that stage of NFL career when younger cheaper guys can replace him on the roster. Fine special teamer.
on injury watch for any of the other three.

Branden Langley - You have to list him - trying a position change his 2nd year in the league. He is a really good special teamer and a decent and very reliable return man. The early talk is he runs very precise routes. Langley is on the bubble for sure, but I think he makes the team.

Will Parks - I have always liked this guy, but he runs into the same problem D. Booker does above - and with Kareem Jackson - playing Safety - I'd say that is a message to Parks to get out his rolodex and find out where he can play next year. He is another great special teamer, but with Trey Marshall, Jamal Carter and Dymonte Thomas looking for jobs costing less - I think Parks is gone.

Su'a Cravens - If Will Parks is gone - I don't see Cravens making the team either - he needs to be stamped "Fragile" and sent along his way.

Ron Leary - Leary better bring it - and "it" better be healthy or Sam Jones takes his spot.

Todd Davis - Certainly the Broncos have scoured the countryside to find guys to come in and compete with him for a spot. He is neither in or out, but certainly on the bubble.

Even Janovich - has serious competition in George Aston (who is a human bowling ball - zero neck).

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really see Parks on the bubble. Great 3rd safety to have who can fill in at both safety spots and does well on special teams. A lot of talk from Denver that he could be counted on to start this year if needed. Rather him as 3rd S. Also has great leadership skills and well liked by teammates.

Leary will be fine as long as healthy.

Todd Davis is definitely fine. He is about all we got at ILB that is proven (not saying he is great either)

Langley spent 13 of 16 weeks on the PS last year and has moved go WR this year. Of course he is on the bubble. I think he goes on the Ps again as he learns WR.

I think Booker makes it but Obviously has to prove it again. Good 3rd RB who plays on special teams with little competition behind him.

Walker is gone IMO, needs to be on a 4-3.

Janovich will be tough just depends on of new staff wants to use a FB. I like him But I expected him to make more of an impact on special teams then he has.

Cravens needs to be healthy. Comes down to health for him imo.

TE will be interesting.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Janovich - has serious competition in George Aston (who is a human bowling ball - zero neck).

I searched for some George Aston highlights and was surprised to find out that he played ILB as well as FB. The guy is a freaking brick at 6'0" and 240 pounds straight out of college before he even takes a day of NFL conditioning. I think he'll be carried on the roster until he gets cut for the numbers game, and then signed to our PS. I think we will certainly be using the FB in this Offense but we can't afford to keep a second one for depth. So Aston gives us that depth from the PS and someone to go to if Jano leaves in Free Agency next year.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Janovich will be tough just depends on of new staff wants to use a FB. I like him But I expected him to make more of an impact on special teams then he has.

TE will be interesting.

I'm assuming that our Offense will be somewhat similar to the one that Kubiak was trying to install. As I recall when Jano was injured it really screwed our running game. Having George Aston on speed dial from the PS would be very helpful. Also I think we carry 4 TE's. Looking at last year's 53 from the beginning of the year there are better choices to be made with the guys we have that would allow us to keep 4 TE's this year.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jano after the recent voluntary workouts:

“I was excited. They typically use the fullbacks a lot more,” he said. “The 49ers last year used their fullback more than anybody. Can’t be anything but excited.”

The Pats put good use to James Devlin during the SB run and vs The Rams in the big game ... KC could not stop The Pats from getting first down after first down on the ground ..

I'm hoping that Jano - a team captain in 2018 - actually gets an increased role in 2019

( and with Fant and Heuerman as projected starters, somebody is going to have to block )

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think that if you are a fan of the Broncos, you gotta be a fan of Jake Butt ... but unless he stays healthy for the entire preseason, I think his time here will go by the way of Quanterus Smith

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't it Jano that took a long pass from the FB position (a long time ago) on a wheel route that is usually run by a TE? I may be misremembering and it was quite a while ago. But I'm thinking it was back when Kubiak was HC that we used Jano like that on a very effective play. Maybe even a TD but I don't remember. I'm just picturing in my mind the possible formations. Going back and forth between 2TE and TE/FB could be devastating if we have a FB that can reliably threaten in the passing game.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think Jano is on the bubble, but you wonder with two TEs sets being the norm - often a FB is on the field with that? One clue the Broncos plan to use a FB is that they brought the UDFA Ashton to start developing a backup who will fit on the practice squad and be a plus on Special Teams.

I like Parks, but something is going on with the Broncos at Safety. The Broncos had Simmons and Parks - and a lot of guys who have flashed talent - Trey Marshall, Jamal Carter - Devonte Thomas, but have had some injuries. So why would the Broncos top their DB pay scale out by signing Kareem Jackson to play Safety. In OTAs Jackson was playing the deep Safety - which had been Simmon's role. But, Simmons isn't going anywhere. There is a plan going on here, but there isn't enough evidence to figure out what that plan will become as reality unfolds.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson will replace Stewart if he plays at safety long term. Parks will keep his role.

Who is Devonte Thomas? ;-)

Dymonte Thomas and Jamal Carter will probably battle out a roster spot with Carter showing more upside but coming off an injury. Thomas played ok. If Carter is back to his rookie showing in camp then he will secure a spot easily. Could keep 5 again too. Marshall I think starts year on PS but could push Thomas for a 5th S spot if we kept 5.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really see Parks on the bubble. Great 3rd safety to have who can fill in at both safety spots and does well on special teams. A lot of talk from Denver that he could be counted on to start this year if needed. Rather him as 3rd S. Also has great leadership skills and well liked by teammates.

Leary will be fine as long as healthy.

Todd Davis is definitely fine. He is about all we got at ILB that is proven (not saying he is great either)

Langley spent 13 of 16 weeks on the PS last year and has moved go WR this year. Of course he is on the bubble. I think he goes on the Ps again as he learns WR.

I think Booker makes it but Obviously has to prove it again. Good 3rd RB who plays on special teams with little competition behind him.

Walker is gone IMO, needs to be on a 4-3.

Cravens needs to be healthy. Comes down to health for him imo.

TE will be interesting.
Jano after the recent voluntary workouts:

“I was excited. They typically use the fullbacks a lot more,” he said. “The 49ers last year used their fullback more than anybody. Can’t be anything but excited.”

The Pats put good use to James Devlin during the SB run and vs The Rams in the big game ... KC could not stop The Pats from getting first down after first down on the ground ..

I'm hoping that Jano - a team captain in 2018 - actually gets an increased role in 2019

( and with Fant and Heuerman as projected starters, somebody is going to have to block )

Jano is another fullback that is underrated in a league with not many true fullbacks. He is rated top 5 my Madden. 2-5 are all very close. Develin is more noticeable because he is watched by everybody in the playoffs. He'll be used even more this year. The key to using FB's is designed plays. Develin is used in very specific plays. FB's to most teams are an afterthought - just another guy on the line. Most teams get what they get accordingly. Most defenses are not practicing against FB play either.