• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos fan sites are getting trolled HARD!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Broncos in a funk and the Chiefs white hot right now, the Chiefs fans have come out of the wood work!

Now we have some awesome Chiefs fans who frequent the Hoop, so I know better than to write off an entire fanbase based off even a significant number of idiots descending upon Predominantly Orange and MHR. And I certainly do not begrudge good fans for being excited: the Chiefs started out bad and have turned it around. Any fan would be excited about that. I can't fault them for hoping for that long shot scenario that just took a few steps closer to reality the past couple weeks to come true. And for the likes of some very good people (who are Chiefs fans) I know and work with, or guys like ChiefsLakers67, Moose at 3rd, etc, from one fan to another it's easy to see and understand their excitement.

But then there's the crowd who was MIA when the Chiefs were 1-5. And even when they were 5-5, save a brief appearance following their win over the Broncos. Even after climbing to 6-5 and 7-5 were Chiefs fans strangely quiet. But now with the Broncos falling to 10-4 and the Chiefs climbing to 9-5 and owning tie breakers in the event they and the Broncos both finish 11-5 or 10-6, they are suddenly emboldened. Add to it the Chiefs are essentially a lock to make the playoffs due to tie breakers favoring them at 11-5 and 10-6 ties with the Steelers and Jets.

There are a couple things to take from this: 1) Chiefs fans will be insufferable if they overtake the Broncos for the AFC West title, unless of course it sets up a Broncos @ Chiefs matchup in the WC round and the Broncos beat them. 2) It'll be extremely satisfying if the Broncos hold on, win the West, and have more success in the post season than the Chiefs.

And while I usually maintain a "no-trolling" policy for myself, I may drop a few of the worst offenders a trollish note or two in the event the Broncos right the ship in time for a deep and glorious playoff run!

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are a pretty good team right now, but I think the Broncos are better and are going to win out the regular season and go further in the post-season than the Chiefs, so at that point the Chief trolls will have to shut up. I don't frequent Predominantly Orange or MHR (maybe I should), but I would have fun with those fans who are getting their hopes up, because invariably this happens with the Chiefs and their fans anually, lol. They get on a roll and/or beat the Broncos (or it's the off-season), then some fans who hadn't been posting pop up and start thumping their chests as if the Chiefs are the defending champs. It's funny, and it happens every year. It's like groundhog day, lol.

I will also echo your thoughts about CL67 and Moose at 3rd. Those are quality posters and class guys. It would be cool if the Broncos and Chiefs met up in the playoffs. Could happen.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC who? WGARA about them or their fans.:)

DenBronc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Arrowhead Pride people troll hard on Mile High Report from time to time, from what I have seen. It's pretty sad.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Arrowhead Pride people troll hard on Mile High Report from time to time, from what I have seen. It's pretty sad.
There's certainly a minority of AP'ers who simply enjoy watching the world burn; all the while being as obnoxious as possible. Doesn't matter if it's an AP article, MHR, or some other SBN blog. What's annoying is they'll drag in the Denver contingent of trolls which just perpetuates the cycle indefinitely. Not terribly surprising given AP and MHR are both pretty darn large by SBN standards, but still annoying nonetheless.

DenBronc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's certainly a minority of AP'ers who simply enjoy watching the world burn; all the while being as obnoxious as possible. Doesn't matter if it's an AP article, MHR, or some other SBN blog. What's annoying is they'll drag in the Denver contingent of trolls which just perpetuates the cycle indefinitely. Not terribly surprising given AP and MHR are both pretty darn large by SBN standards, but still annoying nonetheless.

There is another Bronco fan site (well, a section of a site) that looks down on MHR. I posted something from MHR on the Denver section of Football's Future (I didn't agree with it, and I know that they wouldn't, either. It was a fan saying that Manning needs to come back, and that Oz has no future in Denver), and this one fan ridiculed the article, saying that it is why he has no respect for what they do.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moose, I've found AA to be a better sampling of Chiefs fans than AP. Not only are a couple of their writers pretty solid (Laddie Morse, Stacey D. Smith) but they have some pretty solid readers too. Then they have their fanbase embarrassments like Matt V. and some pretty trollish readers/commenters, but overall it's a better product than AP in my mind.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kc sucks
38-10 in the 3rd quarter and they lose to luck Last time The playoffs
The more they win Now the higher the odds they lose in the playoffs

They will not win anything of substance with Alex smith as a qb

Haven't won a playoff game since 1994
Will be destroyed by Big Ben
Barely beat Pitts First time around with Landry jones

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kc sucks
38-10 in the 3rd quarter and they lose to luck Last time The playoffs
The more they win Now the higher the odds they lose in the playoffs

They will not win anything of substance with Alex smith as a qb

Haven't won a playoff game since 1994
Will be destroyed by Big Ben
Barely beat Pitts First time around with Landry jones
If they play Texans in the first round as it currently looks like - I'd put big money on the Chiefs straight up.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they play Texans in the first round as it currently looks like - I'd put big money on the Chiefs straight up.
Don't think I would put big money on it. That matchup could very well go either way. Maybe a 30 pack :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to say - big money to me has to get to at least $100 bucks.

Seriously, people have time for more than one - sports board? This is astonishing to me.