• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos acquire Mark Sanchez from Philly

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Hoyer is way better than Sanchez. Hoping Dallas ends up with him as the backup this year.

I don't know how you can consider Hoyer way better when he's only ever played 2 actual NFL seasons, this year and last. And last year he threw 12 TD's and 13 INT's with a QB rating of 76.5. This year he was better but there's no way to tell which is the true Hoyer. Sanchez has at leaat had multiple good seasons to look at.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMFG was my reaction when I heard this.

I did not think Osweiler was a starting QB. I saw him play in Chicago in 2015, it was cold as hell, and he sucked. Then, for some reason, Osweiler leaves Denver. 72 million reasons my wife tells me.

Denver's only QB is Trevor Semian out of Northwestern. He sucked at Northwestern, I saw him play twice at Ryan Field in Evanston. He is NOT an NFL QB.

Traded for Mark Sanchez. Holy crap. What the heck is Elway thinking? He knows good QBs, he hated USC when he was in college. Elway must be desperate.

There are only three QBs in this year's draft that have potential.

Wentz, Goff, and Lynch. Not one is a bona fide NFL starter. I might give the nod to Wentz though. If I was Denver, I would not waste a first round pick on a reach for a QB that is the most important and most EXPENSIVE draft pick.

Denver has to be able to find a for sure NFL starter that is somewhere in the draft. When in doubt, you draft a lineman, either D line or O line.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did not think Osweiler was a starting QB. I saw him play in Chicago in 2015, it was cold as hell, and he sucked. Then, for some reason, Osweiler leaves Denver. 72 million reasons my wife tells me.

Denver's only QB is Trevor Semian out of Northwestern. He sucked at Northwestern, I saw him play twice at Ryan Field in Evanston. He is NOT an NFL QB.

Traded for Mark Sanchez. Holy crap. What the heck is Elway thinking? He knows good QBs, he hated USC when he was in college. Elway must be desperate.

Wentz, Goff, and Lynch. Not one is a bona fide NFL starter. I might give the nod to Wentz though. If I was Denver, I would not waste a first round pick on a reach for a QB that is the most important and most EXPENSIVE draft pick.

Denver has to be able to find a for sure NFL starter that is somewhere in the draft. When in doubt, you draft a lineman, either D line or O line.

How about this Wheaties box cover:

caitlyn-jenner-wheaties.jpg

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 290,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't laugh.

If Denver is bringin back the same defense that shut down the Panthers in the SB, then they don't exactly need a top-flight guy at QB. Hell, can any of us say we saw a top-flight Broncos QB playing last season?

Anybody?

Sanchez will do fine if he's called on to start. Plus, who else is out there?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos win win the Super Bowl next year!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I highlighted the part that I thought applied to signing Sanchez. The draft doesn't look to loaded with QB talent and the ones that may have what it takes may be off the board. Broncos need someone that can at least function as a game manager. Fitzpatrick plainly wants too much. 49ers hoping to get a 2nd round pick for Kaep, and with all the players that have left, Broncos need all the picks they have. RG3 may not hold up for the season. So get someone that has been a starter and can at least manage a game that cost you little and is healthy. In the meantime try to find some QB gem in the rough later in the draft.

About the best Elway can do, because you don't want to throw away money ( on a old over priced QB ) or throw away draft picks on a project or reach for a QB in the first round.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that Chip Kelly was a big Sanchez fan, could be leverage to help with the Kaepernick trade. Now it could be a 3rd and Sanchez for Kaepernick instead of a 2nd.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Mark Sanchez does is something special

Not matter where he goes he will always end up with an almost near perfect 50-50
TD to Int ratio.

Career 86/84

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that Sanchez in his first two years as the starting QB, led the Jets to the AFC Championship game.

Ha! Yeah. That's totally happening again in his career.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you can consider Hoyer way better when he's only ever played 2 actual NFL seasons, this year and last. And last year he threw 12 TD's and 13 INT's with a QB rating of 76.5. This year he was better but there's no way to tell which is the true Hoyer. Sanchez has at leaat had multiple good seasons to look at.
Because Sanchez has been proven to suck and Sanchez has no had multiple good seasons. That is insane. Let's see if Den ends up with both who ends up the starter. Sanchez is horrible...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Sanchez has been proven to suck and Sanchez has no had multiple good seasons. That is insane. Let's see if Den ends up with both who ends up the starter. Sanchez is horrible...

Sanchez had good seasons in 2010 and 2011 and a decent season in 2014. Look I'm not saying Sanchez is who I'd want as a starter for Denver but to say Hoyer is way better is laughable. They're both average.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. He'll land with a team as soon as they can re-work his contract a bit.

Lots of teams need options and backups as QBs.

The game has changed and athletic QBs are the wave of the future.

I should a specified, not done like done in his career... no question a team will pick him up ... I just meant done as a starter, or done as ever being elite, kinda like he was his rookie year...

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! Yeah. That's totally happening again in his career.
You don't know that. There was never a promise that the Broncos would ever get to the AFC Championship game again, with Peyton or Brock as their QB.

Last edited:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great pick for the Bronco's.. Clearly Sanchez is almost as good as... Oswellier. yeah that's the ticket!
I can't figure out if you're being sarcastic or not. IMO, I think Sanchez is just as good as Osweiler and he comes at a cheaper price. Maybe the Broncos can pick up another QB in the draft.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez had good seasons in 2010 and 2011 and a decent season in 2014. Look I'm not saying Sanchez is who I'd want as a starter for Denver but to say Hoyer is way better is laughable. They're both average.
Not to make this sound like an insult, but you sound like someone who is backing a player his team just signed that may be their QB. I Guarantee you if Hoyer is traded it will be for more than a conditional 2017 7th round pick. A lot more. That is literally about the least you can get for a player. Yes, Hoyer is way better. That doesn't mean Hoyer is good because Sanchez sucks. Hoyer is average. Never said he wasn't just that he is way better than the Sanchez