• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2019 NFL Draft

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were times last year that the tackling was pretty bad but there was times that it was really good. Need to be consistent.

Yep Arm tackling if I was coaching would lead to one thing warming the bench the rest of the game.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it his stats aren't as flashy but he operated in Bosie ST new head coach O and it is more like Mike Shanans O that he ran for Elway and Steve Young. Not the Kubiak Role outs like we would pull when other teams had our number. Kubiak system was used on Griese and Plummer.

Plummer could not handle Shanahan pocket Enter Cutler.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I would not put up with him doing is letting him arm tackle That is crap. I would not want anyone on the field even for a second that wants to pull that crap.

That is death by inches in all its glory.

I think he's coach-able.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's coach-able.

My guess is yes he has not been long LBer long.But here is the deal he better have some instincts or it is a huge hell no !!! he hadbetterr have 12 impact plays a year our it is a no go for me as well.

Not just saving plays.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is yes he has not been long LBer long.But here is the deal he better have some instincts or it is a huge hell no !!! he hadbetterr have 12 impact plays a year our it is a no go for me as well.

Not just saving plays.

He's a converted running back.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From the admittedly limited videos I've watched of him he did not impress me as a starter. Reminds me of Brian Griese. I'd be annoyed if the Broncos took him before the fourth round, and I still wouldn't like the pick if they made it there. The most positive thing I could say about him is that he might be the eventual back up to a QBOTF drafted in 2020, he could turn out to be the guy that our first round QB has to beat out to take the job.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d take josh Rosen for a 2nd if he’s on the trade block. Can he play under center? Arizona had the crappiest talent last year to even be able to evaluate Rosen

The QBs today at the combine did not impress me except Haskins

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the admittedly limited videos I've watched of him he did not impress me as a starter. Reminds me of Brian Griese. I'd be annoyed if the Broncos took him before the fourth round, and I still wouldn't like the pick if they made it there. The most positive thing I could say about him is that he might be the eventual back up to a QBOTF drafted in 2020, he could turn out to be the guy that our first round QB has to beat out to take the job.

He can throw 55 yards with no air under the ball. Besides Griese the Rooky was an NFL QB it was after his shoulder injury that his arm was rubber and then became erratic but he never had any were close to a arm that could hit WR's in stride 40 yards in the seam.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two 50yard TDs one 45TD and was a tight window and perfect throw WR in full stride. He always hits the WR in the perfect place most times they never break stride.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can throw 55 yards with no air under the ball. Besides Griese the Rooky was an NFL QB it was after his shoulder injury that his arm was rubber and then became erratic but he never had any were close to a arm that could hit WR's in stride 40 yards in the seam.

I watched the whole video. The only throws with flatter trajectories were 30 yards and under. Of course there is more to playing QB than 'arm strength' but nothing about that video changed my mind.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we draft Rypien I think it is to be a backup with potential upside. I don't think at this time he projects as a franchise QB. He could become that. No one thought Brady was going to be what he turned out to be, but a backup with upside seems reasonable. The NFL is more driven by QBs today then when Brady was drafted so those backups with potential will go higher then the the 6th round.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d take josh Rosen for a 2nd if he’s on the trade block. Can he play under center? Arizona had the crappiest talent last year to even be able to evaluate Rosen

The QBs today at the combine did not impress me except Haskins

I am not sure what to make of Rosen. He was in a pretty bad situation last year but he has flashes but at times looked lost.

Do you like his upside better then the QBs in 2020?

In the first round Lock is probably my favorite followed by Jones, but they are pretty close to me. With trading for Flacco (still not a fan) I think we fill some other holes this year and look to next years draft or 2021 for the QB of the future. I do like the idea of Greier or Rypien to be brought in as backup QB with upside. Not sure either will last long enough for where I would like to draft them. I would say the 4th or 5th would be the earliest I would look for a backup QB. I like the idea of trading back a couple times in this years draft to acquire draft capital for 2020/2021 to make a move for a QB.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you the truth
I’ve lost all confidence in Elway to solve the QB position prior to him leaving the GM position

I’m just going to go with the flow and hope for the best

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft is an eternity away in NFL terms. So much can change. I guess I'm in the camp to take BPA at #10 or trade back and stockpile. The Broncos are going to need ammo in 2020 if there's a QB they covet. With this "win now" attitude (which I like as a fan), the Broncos will arguably end up in the middle of the draft pack next year (which I don't like from a personnel standpoint).

I would prefer a great football player and a developmental QB and wait for next year to get the QBOTF.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft is an eternity away in NFL terms. So much can change. I guess I'm in the camp to take BPA at #10 or trade back and stockpile. The Broncos are going to need ammo in 2020 if there's a QB they covet. With this "win now" attitude (which I like as a fan), the Broncos will arguably end up in the middle of the draft pack next year (which I don't like from a personnel standpoint).

I would prefer a great football player and a developmental QB and wait for next year to get the QBOTF.

Do you see us drafting in top 10 again next year?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the whole video. The only throws with flatter trajectories were 30 yards and under. Of course there is more to playing QB than 'arm strength' but nothing about that video changed my mind.

Well I see perfect you see different. He is throwing in winds like in the Denver Area. Idaho is named after the word Indian Wind.

That 30 you talk of went 50 through the air if it went 30 from the middle of the field to the sidelines in the back of the endzone.

Look at the timing and if the yak happens a lot with his throws. He never threw for mega yards yet his passes find pay dirt time and again.

You say he looks like Griese. but all he did was get WR damn near killed. I never have seen that in 4 years with Rypien . his throws are on time and usually huge gains by his WR's .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you see us drafting in top 10 again next year?

We can get the first pick in next years draft if we really wanted it by trying . It's called Trading out.