• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - I sent them a note. I hate to say it, but he really is a Vincent Painter type - who could hit, but will probably miss. At least a year project - maybe more. Ok - so he is a little better than Vincent Painter ever was.
And btw, it was you who brought up the idea of a "hybrid" o line so to speak. And I think you might be onto something there my friend.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Dr Cyanide 28 - I've come back to where you started and think Garrett Boles will be the pick. The Broncos are going to protect the passer by being good at running the ball.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If those three are gone by pick 15 then that means a pretty good player is going to fall because of it. I haven't seen one mock where those guys are gone by 15 let alone 25. Elway better not push the panic button

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good let the crappy teams continue to draft for need and overreach. I hope Elway has a plan to have a LT before the draft otherwise Denver could reach if they have no one to play LT.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly understand letting the draft come to you - I also understand how difficult it is to actually do it.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep being told media has lower grades on the top olinemen then the actual nfl teams do.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep being told media has lower grades on the top olinemen then the actual nfl teams do.

That is always true - when the supply lags behind demand - no?

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick you were touting McDowell not too long ago. He might be a nice fit and a big need. Could be a replacement for Jackson

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick you were touting McDowell not too long ago. He might be a nice fit and a big need. Could be a replacement for Jackson
I was before i talked with scouts and him at combine. Just seemed like not a good dude. I love the athleticism but not the guy. If they take him, hes a big risk but man has tools

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is where I stand. I don't think every OL player in this draft is a reach at 20. I think there are a couple of guys I can get behind being both value and need for the team.

Just looking around at some of the big boards by NFL media people they also agree that not every OL player is a reach.

Rob Rang for example has Ryan Ramczyk 16th on his board. So if we got him at 20 well that should be good value. He has Cam Robinson at 21. So I guess a reach by 1 spot but still to me that is value considering the need. Some of this yes depends on who is still on the board at the time but just because this is a bad draft for the OL doesn't mean there are not some starter quality players in this draft for the position.

Walterfootball has Cam at 20 and Ramczyk at 25.

Lance Zerlein has Ramczyk at 22

Drafttek has Ramczyk at 15 and Lamp at 24

Matt Miller has Bolles at 21, Lamp at 27 and Ramczyk at 28

PFF has Ramczyk at 23.

So some of these are a bit of a reach but not by much. They are for the most part valued right about where we pick.

Laramy Tunsil was a consensus #1 overall pick last year and has not started yet for MIA at LT f so I don't believe Denver will draft a OT at #20. If they do he would have to play guard to begin with and Denver has it's guards set.

Denver needs a playmaker .

In 2015 , Woodhead for SD had 300+ yards rushing and 700+ yards receiving and 9 TDs. Having a multi talented player McCoy could use like Woodhead sounds good to me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laramy Tunsil was a consensus #1 overall pick last year and has not started yet for MIA at LT f so I don't believe Denver will draft a OT at #20. If they do he would have to play guard to begin with and Denver has it's guards set.

Denver needs a playmaker .

In 2015 , Woodhead for SD had 300+ yards rushing and 700+ yards receiving and 9 TDs. Having a multi talented player McCoy could use like Woodhead sounds good to me.

Tunsil was in a very different situation though. They already had an established LT but the value of Tunsil was just too much to pass up especially knowing that they would need a LT of the future sooner than later. This year he will be starting at the LT spot.

The other tackles taken in the 1st round though all started at either RT or LT. Stanley for the Ravens looks like a rising star and did pretty darn well when healthy this past year. Jack Conklin won All-Pro honors this past season as a rookie! Taylor Decker for the Lions actually looked very good considering he was a rookie this past season. I guess Ifedi depending on how you viewed him from the get go was moved into guard but that was expected by whoever drafted him.

So a Tackle in the 1st round doesn't mean disaster day 1. Teams seem to be adjusting to the new CBA rules and with each passing season figuring out how to get these tackles ready to go.

To me the biggest issue for the Broncos is it is sounding more and more like they won't even have a choice to draft an OT with possibly 4 going in the top-19 picks of the draft.

And understand I am not against us taking McCaffrey or any playmaker with our 1st round pick. I have lots of guys I like at that spot in OJ Howard, McCaffrey, Ross, Engram, and Davis if any of them are there at our 20th overall pick. I just actually like some of the OT talent in this draft but not past the 1st round. After that they really are projects that need at least a year to get ready for the NFL. Bolles, Robinson, Lamp, and Ramczyk all give some promise for year 1.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter's newest 5 rounder...

1.20 - OT Garrett Bolles, Utah - I like this pick a lot more than the kid from Wisky. I think the injury hurts our chances at evaluating him properly and he really didn't spend a whole lot of time at Wisconsin after transferring from a D III (I believe) school. Guy is dripping with potential, but I think we need someone who is more ready to play now.

2.51 - TE Evan Engram, Ole Miss - I'm not sure how I feel about this. Weird, since I am all for drafting OJ Howard in the first if he happens to fall (which I highly doubt). But I think that is more that I feel like Howard is one of the best players in this draft and would be a steal at 20. I like Engram and I could be wrong, but I feel we could grab someone comparable with one of our picks in the 3rd.

3.82 - CB Sidney Jones, Washington - Boing! Love this pick. 1st round talent. We get him in the 3rd and basically redshirt him. He gets fully healthy for a return in 2018 and we basically have 2 1st round picks next year.

3.101 - DL Charles Walker, Oklahoma - Walter has had us taking this guy since his 2017 mock before last year's draft, I think. He always mentions how good he would be in our system. Not sure if Walker is just a great fit or if Walter is too damn lazy to change it.

4.126 - WR KD Cannon, Baylor - I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about ANY pick coming out of Baylor. I know it sounds a little bigoted, but those kids seemed to have gotten away with a lot, and I am having trouble thinking of anyone who has had recent success coming out of there, other than Josh Gordon and Kendall Wright. On the not-so-pessimistic side, he is a speedy, playmaking WR with good production and he should be able to contribute in the return game.

5.177 - RB Donnell Pumphrey, San Diego State - Speaking of return game, this little guy would be awesome. The only knock on him is his size, but he could be like Darren Sproles. He could also be like one of the million undersized RBs that never amounted to anything. Production is definitely not an issue with this kid, though. He is the NCAA's all time leading rusher for career yards.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter's newest 5 rounder...

1.20 - OT Garrett Bolles, Utah - I like this pick a lot more than the kid from Wisky. I think the injury hurts our chances at evaluating him properly and he really didn't spend a whole lot of time at Wisconsin after transferring from a D III (I believe) school. Guy is dripping with potential, but I think we need someone who is more ready to play now.

2.51 - TE Evan Engram, Ole Miss - I'm not sure how I feel about this. Weird, since I am all for drafting OJ Howard in the first if he happens to fall (which I highly doubt). But I think that is more that I feel like Howard is one of the best players in this draft and would be a steal at 20. I like Engram and I could be wrong, but I feel we could grab someone comparable with one of our picks in the 3rd.

3.82 - CB Sidney Jones, Washington - Boing! Love this pick. 1st round talent. We get him in the 3rd and basically redshirt him. He gets fully healthy for a return in 2018 and we basically have 2 1st round picks next year.

3.101 - DL Charles Walker, Oklahoma - Walter has had us taking this guy since his 2017 mock before last year's draft, I think. He always mentions how good he would be in our system. Not sure if Walker is just a great fit or if Walter is too damn lazy to change it.

4.126 - WR KD Cannon, Baylor - I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about ANY pick coming out of Baylor. I know it sounds a little bigoted, but those kids seemed to have gotten away with a lot, and I am having trouble thinking of anyone who has had recent success coming out of there, other than Josh Gordon and Kendall Wright. On the not-so-pessimistic side, he is a speedy, playmaking WR with good production and he should be able to contribute in the return game.

5.177 - RB Donnell Pumphrey, San Diego State - Speaking of return game, this little guy would be awesome. The only knock on him is his size, but he could be like Darren Sproles. He could also be like one of the million undersized RBs that never amounted to anything. Production is definitely not an issue with this kid, though. He is the NCAA's all time leading rusher for career yards.

I love the 1st 3 picks. Bolles isn't my top OT but he does have some huge upside and I know I don't have to worry about his work ethic.

Engram I'm one that would be ok with us taking him in the 1st round. He is a ridiculous weapon. I have him depending on what team gets him being an early favorite for OROY. He is ready day 1 to attack the middle of the field and be a huge impact player. Not a great blocker but even just his threat going over the middle would keep safeties back and force linebackers to have to watch for the play action.

And of course Jones has that 1st round potential at a position that we will need help at next year with Talib most likely gone and Roby up in the air.

Beyond that Walker is decent. He flashes some good production. There are still guys on the board I would rather have like Eddie Jackson (another 1st round talent before injury) at the Safety position. Nazair Jones at the same position as Walker. Antonio Garcia as a depth/developmental guy for the OL. Dorian Johnson to add depth/competition to the interior of the OL. Elijah Qualls to fill that NT depth we need.

K.D. Cannon yeah not one of my favorites. Lots of technical issues with his game. Not a great route runner. Mostly relies just on speed which is pretty common for a Briles run system. He is a body catcher which is one of my biggest no no's for a WR. Needs probably a year or two of just working on the intricacies of route running. Just looking at who is left in the draft I would rather go Taywan Taylor if we are looking for that slot guy. Or maybe even better yet Jalen Robinette of Air Force.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who coincidentally was picked at 20 I believe....no thanks

You know when he hurt that one dood's ankle his one good trait evaporated .. mean and nasty gone he really sucked ..

before that okay at best .

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was before i talked with scouts and him at combine. Just seemed like not a good dude. I love the athleticism but not the guy. If they take him, hes a big risk but man has tools
Interesting....was he a dick?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting....was he a dick?

He was rude to coaches/media people/GM's during interviews. He even admitted that he doesn't like to take coaching and just likes to do his own thing. You read up on his time in Michigan State and his coaches and even teammates didn't get along with him. He viewed himself as a star that didn't need to answer to anyone.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who coincidentally was picked at 20 I believe....no thanks

There is a big difference though between this group of players and George Foster. Foster for most was a mid to late 2nd round pick talent wise. There are plenty especially NFL teams that have 4 of these guys ranked in the top-20.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact of the NFL Draft is the players from 20 on down through the mid 2nd round are not that much different in terms of athletic ability. I bet there are as many starters drafted 33-48 as 20-32. Foster was a panic move by Shanahan and many on here feel that an OT drafted at 20 would be a panic move by Elway as well.

The good news is there will be an objective outcome to #20 right or wrong if a OT is drafted. Not having a veteran LT to start this year is the real issue at the moment. I guess King Dunlap who McCoy knows well is not the answer. Denver is probably still working trade scenarios.