• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another TE to pay attention to.

Wisconsin TE Troy Fumagalli.

He is draft eligible, great size, great hands. He was born with 4 fingers on one of his hands.
Met his dad after his FR year waiting for another Wisconsin player I knew after an Iowa game. Had no idea he would develop into an NFL prospect at that time. Sorta reminds me of the story of meeting Montee Ball's dad after a game and him telling me Montee's dream was to be a Bronco... At the time Montee was about 3rd or 4th string RB.
i thought he was a true sophomore?? that dude is a beast!

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't he committed to Michigan?

yep. will be a true freshman at michigan next year. pry will RS but who knows. I just pull for that family :) (but i don't want to draft christian really...)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love, and " am baffled " by this BLIND belief that the " talent " of this O line is, or can be anything other than what it has shown to this point or rest of season. Their junk except for Paradis and it's time to wake up and smell the coffee " some " of you. You can call out Trevor, Booker etc but that's just pure knowledge of the game " ignorance " as to the struggles going on. You can bash this O line all you want and I will back you 100%, but don't single out any other players for the mishaps, mistakes, breakdowns in field,etc because although this team is 7-3, basically being Qb-ed by a rookie qb, has a rookie Rb who although a couple idiots have whined about his performance ( Gordon ? ) thus far, could very well be undefeated if they didn't have such a pitiful O line. Thankfully, besides NE, the AFC is wide open for PO berth. Unfortunately, with this O line, Denver's best chance scenario is a blowout loss in AFCCG. Those who bashed Trevor in this game are unbelievably ignorant. Yeah, he made some bad throws/decisions but he also had somebody in his face constantly, took major beating thruout game but demonstrated great toughness and made some key first downs on 3rd and long. Some of you are just amazing. Let's not forget the Roby bashing either. He's not even worthy of a 3 db ? Did you not know these guys were going against Brees? Did you not see how perfect those passes were to the wrs? Did you not see the turnovers he created?. Pick on that piece of shit O line all you want, but leave those 3 ( Trevor, Booker and Roby ) and the rest of team alone. All the issues and disappoint should be one-sided IMO.

See you call people ignorant for having any kind of hope that our OL could do anything yet honestly this right here is a very short-sighted post in my opinion. The only thing you are looking at is the talent level and saying "well they stink so cannot depend on them to do anything any time soon." Or you talk about a blow out loss in the AFCCG when pretty much everybody last year was predicting that when we played the Patriots but hey wait what happened...oh yeah we won that game then were predicted to lose by even more in the Super Bowl and hey wait what happened oh yeah we are Super Bowl Champs right now.

I'm actually watching the coaches film right now and beyond just talent I hope you realize there is so much more this team can do to fix the OL issues. I'll just name a few now and add more later as I fully get through the coaches film...I'm trying to watch a few different units/players for a couple of articles I'm working on so will take some time. Anyway just a few suggestions 1) Sambrailo is actually healthy for the first time in over a year. He came in for Stephenson...I haven't gotten to that point in the game yet but if Sambrailo can do a better job of especially handling those speed rushers that Stephenson has struggled with then a move at the RT position could be in the works. This also allows the team then to maybe move Stephson to the LG position where he has played before and had success. Keeps him in a better position where he isn't having to work in space and can use his power to open up some holes on that left side. He also has more athleticism than Garcia so those stunts that teams use so well against Garcia might not work as well.

2) Kubiak already talked about this after the game but the team is going to work with some new formations over the break. They are going to start looking at possibly having 6-7 OL players on the field at a time and using more jumbo packages or max protect whatever you want to call it type formations.

3) If you think Siemian is not part of the problem of the pressure then you are not watching this game the way that you should. Not all pressure on the QB is the OL's fault. Great example is his 2nd interception. Look at how deep he is when he takes his hit. He is 11 yards behind the LOS! Let me repeat that 11 yards! The pocket to step into had at least 5 yards of space for him just to even take a couple of steps up and all of a sudden he buys himself at least an extra second. Instead he hung clear back 11 yards deep making life impossible for the tackles. The tackles did exactly what you want them to do of forcing the DE's to take the long route around. Stephenson didn't have great technique by any means but he did his job of forcing the guy to need to be 11 yards deep and then if Siemian would have stepped up would have been forced to change direction. That one is completely on Siemian. To say otherwise is not actually watching the game. And guess what that isn't just me noticing that problem as Kubiak specifically called Siemian out on that very thing because he did it the entire game. The middle of that pocket was wide open most of the game but instead Siemian hung back and took hits he had no business taking.

4) More 2-TE sets. We finally have a 2nd TE that is a threat as a blocker and as a receiver in Derby. These give us quite a few more options in both the pass and run game keeping teams off balance.

5) Janovich gets his cast off in the next 2 weeks. I highly recommend if you really want to break down games and see what is going on to invest in getting the coaches film every week. It has enlightened me to what is going on more than any other investment I have made in football. Getting to see the entire field instead of just what they show on tv is incredible. Anyway back to Janovich. Teams know when he comes into the game that most likely we are running the football. Or if we do pass they don't hardly ever cover him because with that cast he just hasn't been much of a receiving threat. If I were the Broncos against the Chiefs maybe 2 of my first 3 passes go to Janovich out of the backfield. Gets the ball out of Siemian's hands in a hurry and makes them have to take the threat of our FB as a receiver as a major threat. I'm guessing it would catch them off guard big time.

I'll stop there but believe me I probably could have kept typing on things the Broncos could do to help the OL and this offense for at least another hour. All hope is not lost and this season isn't going down the drain. I still don't expect us to win the Super Bowl but honestly I didn't last year either with the offense we had. The team found different ways to win games and something else to keep in mind is that our defense is still playing at a very high level and we might have one of the best special teams units in the entire NFL. That is such an underrated part of the game.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See you call people ignorant for having any kind of hope that our OL could do anything yet honestly this right here is a very short-sighted post in my opinion. The only thing you are looking at is the talent level and saying "well they stink so cannot depend on them to do anything any time soon." Or you talk about a blow out loss in the AFCCG when pretty much everybody last year was predicting that when we played the Patriots but hey wait what happened...oh yeah we won that game then were predicted to lose by even more in the Super Bowl and hey wait what happened oh yeah we are Super Bowl Champs right now.

I'm actually watching the coaches film right now and beyond just talent I hope you realize there is so much more this team can do to fix the OL issues. I'll just name a few now and add more later as I fully get through the coaches film...I'm trying to watch a few different units/players for a couple of articles I'm working on so will take some time. Anyway just a few suggestions 1) Sambrailo is actually healthy for the first time in over a year. He came in for Stephenson...I haven't gotten to that point in the game yet but if Sambrailo can do a better job of especially handling those speed rushers that Stephenson has struggled with then a move at the RT position could be in the works. This also allows the team then to maybe move Stephson to the LG position where he has played before and had success. Keeps him in a better position where he isn't having to work in space and can use his power to open up some holes on that left side. He also has more athleticism than Garcia so those stunts that teams use so well against Garcia might not work as well.

2) Kubiak already talked about this after the game but the team is going to work with some new formations over the break. They are going to start looking at possibly having 6-7 OL players on the field at a time and using more jumbo packages or max protect whatever you want to call it type formations.

3) If you think Siemian is not part of the problem of the pressure then you are not watching this game the way that you should. Not all pressure on the QB is the OL's fault. Great example is his 2nd interception. Look at how deep he is when he takes his hit. He is 11 yards behind the LOS! Let me repeat that 11 yards! The pocket to step into had at least 5 yards of space for him just to even take a couple of steps up and all of a sudden he buys himself at least an extra second. Instead he hung clear back 11 yards deep making life impossible for the tackles. The tackles did exactly what you want them to do of forcing the DE's to take the long route around. Stephenson didn't have great technique by any means but he did his job of forcing the guy to need to be 11 yards deep and then if Siemian would have stepped up would have been forced to change direction. That one is completely on Siemian. To say otherwise is not actually watching the game. And guess what that isn't just me noticing that problem as Kubiak specifically called Siemian out on that very thing because he did it the entire game. The middle of that pocket was wide open most of the game but instead Siemian hung back and took hits he had no business taking.

4) More 2-TE sets. We finally have a 2nd TE that is a threat as a blocker and as a receiver in Derby. These give us quite a few more options in both the pass and run game keeping teams off balance.

5) Janovich gets his cast off in the next 2 weeks. I highly recommend if you really want to break down games and see what is going on to invest in getting the coaches film every week. It has enlightened me to what is going on more than any other investment I have made in football. Getting to see the entire field instead of just what they show on tv is incredible. Anyway back to Janovich. Teams know when he comes into the game that most likely we are running the football. Or if we do pass they don't hardly ever cover him because with that cast he just hasn't been much of a receiving threat. If I were the Broncos against the Chiefs maybe 2 of my first 3 passes go to Janovich out of the backfield. Gets the ball out of Siemian's hands in a hurry and makes them have to take the threat of our FB as a receiver as a major threat. I'm guessing it would catch them off guard big time.

I'll stop there but believe me I probably could have kept typing on things the Broncos could do to help the OL and this offense for at least another hour. All hope is not lost and this season isn't going down the drain. I still don't expect us to win the Super Bowl but honestly I didn't last year either with the offense we had. The team found different ways to win games and something else to keep in mind is that our defense is still playing at a very high level and we might have one of the best special teams units in the entire NFL. That is such an underrated part of the game.

Additionally, he could listen to Coach Kubiak critique Trevor's plays in his Monday post game press conferences.

The training wheels are off Trevor now. 10 weeks in its time for Trevor to play BIG for this team. Not OK.

Some still are OK with OK. If the coaches want more I want more.

Last edited:

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we had lost this week we pry go with Lynch... but we didn't... we are 7-3 and control our own destiny. I think next mark is after the Pats game when a potential change could be made... however going into Arrowhead to start... man idk. Siemian just needs to play better and the offense as a whole needs to get better over the bye week. Its just hard from here on out.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. will be a true freshman at michigan next year. pry will RS but who knows. I just pull for that family :) (but i don't want to draft christian really...)

You know I actually watched Dylan's first couple of games this year and wasn't left all that impressed. He really struggled those first 4 weeks but then again those were the games against highly rated teams across the country. His OL was down right terrible so he was running for his life but he still made some poor decisions. Just checked his stats though and since then he has 20 touchdowns to only 2 interceptions and is completing passes at around 80%. Good learning experience for him though to have seen some tougher competition instead of just beating up on all the local schools.

I'm like you and wish that family well. McCaffrey is one of my favorite people to listen to talk football. Good to see so many of his sons having such great success. Just wish we could keep one of them here in Colorado for college. Hate to see such talent walking out of the state.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought he was a true sophomore?? that dude is a beast!
That said... 230 isn't really what you want from your TE in this offense. He might be more of an HBack in the NFL

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally, he could actually listen to Coach Kubiak critique Trevor's plays in his Monday post game press conferences.

The training wheels are off Trevor now. 10 weeks in its time for Trevor to play BIG for this team. Not OK.

Some still are OK with OK. If the coaches want more I want more.

Exactly...Trevor isn't above criticism at this point. I would say the "well he is young" excuse is getting less and less every week. Yes I expect he will still make some mistakes along the way but I mean the whole being 11 yards deep on a drop back is just plain ridiculous especially when the pocket up the middle is wide open. Those are things as a QB that you learn day 1 in the business. And to keep making those same mistakes over and over is what is more frustrating than anything. Or how we keep seeing that same route/interception happen on that quick slant play to the left. I think we have seen that same interception maybe 3-4 times this year and should be even higher with the dropped ones. Now some of that is the coaches as I think they just need to realize teams have figured out that is one of Trevor's favorite throws. So either run some routes that clear out that area instead of running 4 guys to the same spot or something but we can't keep seeing that happen over and over.

Honestly I am ok with Siemian starting the rest of the season unless things completely fall apart but just like the OL is getting called out for their play Siemian falls into that same boat. This team goes as far as Siemian can show he can mature as a QB in this league. What he does with this bye week will be huge for how the rest of the season plays out for the Broncos.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better then what they have and I don't see concussions as the number one reason that RB's are injured. They are mostly leg injuries or shoulders for obvious reasons. Lacy, Lewis, Martin, Peterson, C.J. Anderson, Hyde, Charles, Chris Johnson, Coleman, Mccoy, Langford all missed time or left games due to these injuries. I could list more but you are smart enough to get the point. If a Broncos fan can honestly say that Elliot wouldn't be a better option at RB then what they have now then they are clueless. Yes he wouldn't have the same numbers but be realistic about it. Have a great day because I know I will. Peace.

Oh he easily would be our best option day 1. He is one of the top-3 RB's in the NFL as a rookie. Just to show the dominance of this Cowboys OL though I think Elliot in this last game averaged 3.2 yards per carry before contact. So if a RB breaks 0 tackles and just falls forward they easily average over 4 yards per carry behind that Cowboys OL. It was a big reason I didn't want us to trade for Run DMC from the Cowboys after he had a bounce back season last year. To me I don't think he was any different than all the years he struggled he just played behind one of the most dominant run blocking OL's we have ever seen.

RB is definitely an issue. We need to see how Anderson comes back from injury and how Booker continues to develop but it never hurts to bring in some competition at the RB spot. Especially when you consider the injury history of now Anderson and Booker both. Almost a guarantee that most RB's will miss at least a game a year. If we really do want to become a dominant running team then yes we need more from the RB position. Unless one of the ridiculously talented RB's in this class fall to us though I would rather wait at least until the 3rd round before we get a guy if not later. Too many other positions with less depth in the draft at positions of big time need that I would rather us look at first.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Taco Charlton big enough to be a 5 technique?

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched some film on replogle now (both iowa games, his marshall/illini game on youtube, and looked for the maryland game he had great stats on). I have to say that while he is decent, I am not in love with his tools. He is a very high motor guy that seems to be dominating weaker competition with just constant effort, but I don't see any physical attribute that makes me love him. I would take him end of round 3 but IDK about before that. i do tend to favor athletes though. Also has he been hurt? because he has no stats recorded for a multitude of his games. I am not a stat watcher really, but if a guy racks up stats i want to see how it happened and there are a lot of games he just has nothing recorded. granted NCAA isn't great about statistical upkeep but still lol

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually didn't play in the Iowa game due to injury. He suited up but never saw the field. He missed 3 games this year. I believe it was the Iowa game and the two after Iowa. I believe one was Nebraska can't remember the 3rd.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahh ok, well no wonder he hasn't recorded many statistics.

jarron jones put up a game this week against miami worth checking out. I haven't yet but plan on it. he had like 7 tackles, 6 for loss, and a sack.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington LB Azeem Victor said he is leaning towards staying.

Michigan DT Maurice Hurst says the same thing

(Means nothing for now but still draft news)

Michigan State DT Malik McDowell is missing from their depth chart.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as in like... he isn't going to play any more games with the team to finish out the year? they still got an outside shot at the playoffs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he makes it to us on the waiver wire but Christine Michael was just cut by Seattle.