• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brock Lesnar re-sign w/ WWE on a multi-year deal

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should do a double turn at Mania in the Main Event

There are tons of possibilities for the main event now with that being one of them. This is a huge deal for WWE and maybe they can use this to finally salvage what's been truly dreadful build to the WM main event

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks that means hes gonna win. Boooooooo!!!!! Wrestle once a yr

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BFD. Brock is boring. That shit at the end of RAW was fucking pathetic. It looked like two little kids pulling on a stuffed toy. Brock makes things lame. Can't get into a fight at the end of Raw like so many do. Fans should of boo'd them out of the building.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this means he keeps the belt and only shows up 4 times a year, no thanks. I've had all I can stand of Heyman talking about his beast that very rarely shows up.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can appreciate the WWE as a storytelling medium. I can appreciate the acting and the stunts they do to make the story come alive. The plot twists are interesting. In this way, WWE is much like Game of Thrones. I know it is all scripted, and the outcomes are planned well in advance. But I still love Game of Thrones, and I can't wait to see how these situations are resolved, who will win, and who will lose.

The only thing I can't understand is why people spend big bucks on PPV or to go see WWE live events. I would never pay $50+ to see a couple hours of pre-determined programming on PPV or at a live event. I can only surmise that many of the people who shell out for PPV and pay to see live events still believe pro wrestling is real.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can appreciate the WWE as a storytelling medium. I can appreciate the acting and the stunts they do to make the story come alive. The plot twists are interesting. In this way, WWE is much like Game of Thrones. I know it is all scripted, and the outcomes are planned well in advance. But I still love Game of Thrones, and I can't wait to see how these situations are resolved, who will win, and who will lose.

The only thing I can't understand is why people spend big bucks on PPV or to go see WWE live events. I would never pay $50+ to see a couple hours of pre-determined programming on PPV or at a live event. I can only surmise that many of the people who shell out for PPV and pay to see live events still believe pro wrestling is real.

Pro Wrestling is very real. Yes, the outcome is pre-determined, but the action and high-flying moves are very real. It's no different than shelling out several dollars to go see a movie. The outcome is already pre-determined, but people still pay money to go see the movie. Who gives a shit what people like and don't like? It's their money, and they are free to spend it on what the like. I've never purchased a PPV, but I have attended many live events, and hope to attend many more in the future.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

....you.....you ......mean......it isn't real......?!,.......*MM takes off her Hulk-Hogan/outfit*.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro Wrestling is very real. Yes, the outcome is pre-determined, but the action and high-flying moves are very real. It's no different than shelling out several dollars to go see a movie. The outcome is already pre-determined, but people still pay money to go see the movie. Who gives a shit what people like and don't like? It's their money, and they are free to spend it on what the like. I've never purchased a PPV, but I have attended many live events, and hope to attend many more in the future.
? = what grade are you in.....?

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In other news....The Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy have all retired due to no longer being able to convince children and immature adults who are wrestling fans to believe that they are real.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look everybody! A troll is here to say wrestling is fake!

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The contract Dana White was offering was a 5 fight 10 million dollar deal. Plus all the gate and merchandise as well. WWE has been DESPERATE of late and if I heard right, they are putting up a massive wad of money to Brock. Like 4 years 15+ Million. But in the contract he is limited on shows he'll attend and he has almost all creative control as well.

This isn't outta the norm, since many WWE superstars like John Cena and Sting both have creative control and both signed huge deals not too long ago. Plus they get 35%+ on all merchandise sales as well.
But WWE live shows and PPVs(except Royal Rumble, Summer Slam and Wrestlemania) haven't been selling out and you can see dozens of empty seats.

Lastly, with the talent that WWE has is limited. They don't have a deep roster of young people except for the Divas. But even then, they last 5 years and are done.

WWE maybe on it's last leg and losing over a billion dollars so far in the WWE Network and pretty much giving it away, isn't helping them at all.

Wrestling has become a massive flustercluck of nonsense and this doesn't help.

LOL

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont get it. Everyone is complaining that Reigns is not ready, he shouldnt get the belt, dont want to see Cena with the belt again, whats the other option, back to little guy champs like punk, bryan, ziggler and rollins?

Cena gets the us belt, defends on raw, bryan wins the IC belt, defends on smackdown. Tag team belts are basically up for grabs, they should have never gotten away from extreme belt, what are the other options.

This is a set for life deal with Lesnar. He didnt close the door on UFC, he cemented the door shut. Now I still think that bellator will still be looking at him when this deal is done, but Brock is the only guy left in the WWE that simply fits the part of a world champ that should not be beat.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look everybody! A troll is here to say wrestling is fake!

The troll should be forced to try and explain that to the family of the Mexican wrestler that died in the ring over the weekend.

3 & 6 years to go...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is great. I love Lesnar. I think he is awesome. He has built himself to be a wrestler, in my eyes, that is the toughest, most dangerous man on the face of the planet. Every match that he is in, astounds me. He works well with everybody. Whether they are 400 pounds, or 200 pounds. His video interviews I love to watch, as well. Paul Heyman? Good God. The man is a genius on the mic. I really think this is great. Do I like the part-time appearances? No, I don't. But, this makes WM a lot more interesting.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock Lesnar was already retired from MMA. He retired in 2011 , he never had any intention of going back to MMA he was just using the UFC platform and his relationship with Dana White to achieve a better contract in WWE. Allistar Overeem officially retired Brock when he beat his ass into retirement. If Brock went back to MMA he would get hurt really badly and he knows this.

We're not pretending otherwise, are we?