• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Britton sucking game thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the 14 runs scored vs the Indians, all but 3 come via HRs. That just wont get the job done.

Youngfan9886

Board Nightmare
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Third series in a row the Orioles have lost. All three must win series. Boston is clearly a better team than what the Orioles can field. NYY and the Indians just want it more. The Orioles should look at Wieters, Jones, Markakis and determine if their effort justifies their salary.

If the answer is no, these guys should be traded for players that actually want to compete.

Let's not overreact. Jones is still a great player. Wieters and Markakis have made themselves expendable though. I would draft the next stud catcher because I don't see Wieters as a 15M guy but you know that's what Boras will ask for. Markakis is playing his way into a Nate McLouth contract and a trade candidate next year. I hope he enjoyed the big bucks while they lasted.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as I heard Britton was starting, I nearly flipped out and posted a "NOOOOOO not Britton" thread. I decided against it because I knew it would just piss off Ted

The funny thing is I was about to do the same exact thing but didnt for the same reasons.

This season is going downhill fast. 4 series losses in a row. We are not making the postseason with this kind of effort.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is I was about to do the same exact thing but didnt for the same reasons.

This season is going downhill fast. 4 series losses in a row. We are not making the postseason with this kind of effort.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but... that's exactly why I would advocate benching everyone and almost exclusively playing the AAA players for the rest of September. There's nothing to lose and everything to gain when the starters are not getting the job done anyway.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:we need to call up caleb and see if he can help next year . griffin should be the pitching coach he is the one that fixed tilly . on to britton yes his control was off we have guys jumping up and down on ball to first we should have made that play . that messed the whole inning up . britton slider looked pretty good aviles ball was smoked if he pulled it be a dp ball . manny almost got to that last ball in the first . i'm hopeing nick is hurt and that is the reason for him sucking .
Hate to sound like a broken record, but... that's exactly why I would advocate benching everyone and almost exclusively playing the AAA players for the rest of September. There's nothing to lose and everything to gain when the starters are not getting the job done anyway.