• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Britt Reid involved in a car accident

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but it is still Britt Reid's fault.
Let's not blame the poor, helpless family on the side of the road when the only poor decision here was made by the self-centered Reid. He deserves to go to jail and be banned from the NFL for life. What a dumbass, and I hope the axe falls on him hard.

Who the hell drinks on Adderall and thinks this is a good idea??

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2/6 2:56 PM PT -- 2/6/21 -- We just learned new information about the 5-year-old who was left injured in the car crash to which Britt Reid has been linked -- she's a little girl, and she's fighting for her life.

A GoFundMe has been started for Ariel, who's been identified as the child severely injured in the crash. Her family says she's suffered major brain damage -- namely swelling and internal bleeding. Her aunt posted photos of her in the hospital with a ventilator attached ... she says Ariel hasn't woken up since the accident.

She goes on to explain that Ariel's mother is a single mom with three kids ... and that the money they're raising here will go toward medical bills and to cover time off work her mom will miss. They've got a goal of $45k, and are about halfway there now.
Maybe Daddy Reid can just foot the bill for this family. He can certainly afford to bail his delinquent son out on this one.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine if this was the Patriots with Brady, and it was with Belichick's son?

ESPN would have found a way to postpone the Super Bowl.

reporterssurround2.jpg

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that driving impaired was probably the big thing here, but does anyone know the scene? Is this a narrow, poorly lit exit ramp?

You need to be ready, but when you come off an interstate at highway speeds, you don't expect some lamebrain to stop on an off ramp with no gas.
Bottom line: it doesn't matter the scene. He hit them because he was intoxicated.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why he wasn't arrested at the scene if he was driving under the influence
He'll be arrested when he's released from the hospital most likely.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not blame the poor, helpless family on the side of the road when the only poor decision here was made by the self-centered Reid. He deserves to go to jail and be banned from the NFL for life. What a dumbass, and I hope the axe falls on him hard.

This.

There's no defending this.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, it's Reid's fault. But lets not let this tragedy go bye and learn nothing.
You get a call to assist a friend or family member who is broken down on the road, it's a huge mistake to take children with you.

Roadside accidents are just too common.

Reactions: DJ

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that driving impaired was probably the big thing here, but does anyone know the scene? Is this a narrow, poorly lit exit ramp?

You need to be ready, but when you come off an interstate at highway speeds, you don't expect some lamebrain to stop on an off ramp with no gas.

It's a new, wide, 2 lane ramp. Connects with I-70, which runs through the state and is literally right across the street from Kaufmann and Arrowhead Stadiums.

Like most roads, It is more lit if you are less lit

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because famous people and kids of famous people live life by different rules.

Especially during Super Bowl week

Daddy grounded him from going to the Super Bowl though

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This story is no longer in the top headlines even in the NFL section of the ESPN website.
ESPN has had a real love affair with the Chiefs the last several years and this just confirms it.

There is no way this story would be hard to find if this happing to most other teams.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this as a huge distraction. I'm sure everybody on the roster was already aware of the fact that he's a total loser who only got the job because of daddy.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree here. I remember that day when Andy lost his son Garret during the Eagles training camp. I believe this was Andy's final season with the Eagles if I'm not mistaken. This really took everything out of him, and rightfully so. Burrying your child has to be the hardest thing to overcome. And now his only kid get is involved in a car accident with young children in other vehicles with life threatening injuries has to take the life out of you as a parent.
I know there was a history of drug and alcohol abuse with both of his sons. I thought after his son Garret died, Andy would step away from the game. I think this may be the time to step away from football and focus on family. Just my opinion.
I would be shocked if this didn't retire him.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This story is no longer in the top headlines even in the NFL section of the ESPN website.
ESPN has had a real love affair with the Chiefs the last several years and this just confirms it.

There is no way this story would be hard to find if this happing to most other teams.
Imagine if it were Dallas, Patriots, or Raiders. It would be covered far beyond sports media.