• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bring back Drew Stanton

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kellen Moore just doesn't do it for me. How many years does Shaun Hill really have left? I understand and appreciate that Stanton wanted to test the market. But he got dicked over by the Jets when he's probably better than Sanchez and Smith. Now he's backing up Luck in Indy I believe. I'd like to see the Lions go after him again after the season, bring him back as the back up of the future to Stafford. Stanton is a guy who knows the team, knows the offense, even won some team awards when he was in Detroit. The other players loved him.

Kellen Moore seems like a nice kid but he's no Drew Stanton.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kellen Moore just doesn't do it for me.
Or me. Or anyone else I know.

How many years does Shaun Hill really have left?
I'd say at least 4 or 5. He's 33, and QBs, particularly back-ups can play well into their late 30s, so we got some years left in our back-up still.

I understand and appreciate that Stanton wanted to test the market. But he got dicked over by the Jets when he's probably better than Sanchez and Smith. Now he's backing up Luck in Indy I believe.
He's backing up Carson Palmer in Arizona. Bruce Arians is a big fan of his and was talking him up to be their starter until they traded for Palmer.

I'd like to see the Lions go after him again after the season, bring him back as the back up of the future to Stafford. Stanton is a guy who knows the team, knows the offense, even won some team awards when he was in Detroit. The other players loved him.
I like Stanton for sure, but he's turning 30 this offseason- I'd rather get a few more years out of Hill and draft a big, strong-armed kid like Stafford to groom as his career back-up. I'm disappointed we didn't go after John Skelton in the offseason; he was forced to play too early in Arizona, but he's got a cannon arm and would have been a good #3 option for us, imo...

[/QUOTE]

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: thank you! some nameless guys hate him on these boards cough zwic cough but i always liked him. mobile, big arm, and great attitude. he struggled with reading the defenses but he just had that never give up factor that is hard to find. by all means lets go after him if we get a chance.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanton plays for the cards he followed arienas to the toaster down in zona

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops sry tpaul didn't see you already posted that

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's pretty excited about being in Zona too. Since Carson Palmer sucks, big time.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think drew would want to come back, its just not ideal for him and i respect that.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want an early round draft QB. 3rd being early enough. If the kid does really well you have a very nice piece to Trade or at the very least a young solid back up for years to come.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the sense in using an early round pick on a guy you don't want to see on the field in less than 10 years. It will be too long before he gets a shot to play. We only need 1 backup. No team hardly wins with a number 3 QB taking over. In 7 or 8 years we can have this conversation. Even if Staff gets injured, we can always bring in a top FA and then draft a guy to develop.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean BIGTIME! And I think we're a playoff team with Shaun Hill.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at a team like the Patriots. You think they say we have Brady, we'll wait ten years? I know Brady isn't a spring chicken today but they didn't just start this thought process either. Cassell and Mallet are prime examples. What does Hill cost us Vs. a third or fourth round pick?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be mad if we took a third round QB if we made the playoffs this year. Even if that was with Hill for half a season. I'm all for turning a guy over for picks and money saved. If either are available. And I'd look at a young guy, with draft value, as someone to do that with. (Id look at old guys as scabs, which is fine) I am kinda mad you posted so fast. Went thru all the trouble of changing my title, fer nuthinggggg. Even with Shaun Hill on the couch at home half asleep for the entire thing.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'd say that at all Luke. In fact I think they'd say, I don't care if he used to smoke dope and sounds like a crazy southerner. Got a helluva arm on him. Until they trade him. Then they'd say they only comment on players currently on their roster.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals. That's right. I'm not against a younger back up either, but let's say that doesn't develop. I say bring Stanton back. His new deal in AZ can't be for more than a year or two.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say at least 4 or 5. He's 33, and QBs, particularly back-ups can play well into their late 30s, so we got some years left in our back-up still.

Those are Rich Gannon numbers. May as try to trade him to the Raiders.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I post less on here because my phone wants make everything capitalized and it is quite the process(I'm doing it right now) to keep it from doing so.

I can however click on the left hand turn arrow to start a new paragraph.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's pretty excited about being in Zona too. Since Carson Palmer sucks, big time.

FYI genius - Carson Palmer threw more touchdowns, less interceptions, had a higher completion percentage and a higher QB rating that Matt Stafford last year. In addition, he threw for over 4,000 yards. And that was on the JOAKLAND RAIDERS. Imagine the numbers he would have put up with a receiver like Megatron. Oh year, and for his career, he has a higher completion percentage and higher QB rating than Matt Stafford.

If he sucks, what is that saying about Matt Stafford?