• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bring back Drew Stanton

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to be a Palmer expert knowing about his arm strength an all. Have you been following the Cardinals training camp? He is 33 years old. His arm strength is fine. Nobody is bragging about what happened in the AFC west. Palmer has had an above average career with average offenses. Now he is on a team with legitimate weapons. I'm not saying he is an elite QB. I'm just saying neither is Stafford.

It's freaking preseason! Preseason!

As for legitimate weapons you have Larry Fitzgerald and and and....errrrr?

Your RB position is in disarray and please don't tell me about the oft injured Ryan Williams as I see he is out once again or the retread in Mendanhall! Floyd has potential but until realized it's a four letter word!

I like the defense but I like the 49ers, Seahawks defenses as well. I doubt Palmer looks as solid throwing against the likes of the 49ers as opposed to the Chiefs.

Palmer has an above average career with a glaring stat not mentioned....he is 1 for 2 in teams he quit on. But that aside he is still a mid 30 QB.

I follow the football and have liked the Cardinals but they seem to just keep trying to go a round about way to find a franchise QB and weapons for the guy. Maybe Kolb could have been the guy but with the sad offensive line and questionable backs he was destined to fail.

I hope the best for the Cardinals as I would like to see both Harbaugh and Carroll suck ass at the bottom of the West. IMO I would go with Stanton before Palmer as you will need a mobile QB.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's freaking preseason! Preseason!

As for legitimate weapons you have Larry Fitzgerald and and and....errrrr?

Your RB position is in disarray and please don't tell me about the oft injured Ryan Williams as I see he is out once again or the retread in Mendanhall! Floyd has potential but until realized it's a four letter word!

I like the defense but I like the 49ers, Seahawks defenses as well. I doubt Palmer looks as solid throwing against the likes of the 49ers as opposed to the Chiefs.

Palmer has an above average career with a glaring stat not mentioned....he is 1 for 2 in teams he quit on. But that aside he is still a mid 30 QB.

I follow the football and have liked the Cardinals but they seem to just keep trying to go a round about way to find a franchise QB and weapons for the guy. Maybe Kolb could have been the guy but with the sad offensive line and questionable backs he was destined to fail.

I hope the best for the Cardinals as I would like to see both Harbaugh and Carroll suck ass at the bottom of the West. IMO I would go with Stanton before Palmer as you will need a mobile QB.
Assuming everyone stays healthy, the Cardinals do have some weapons (not including Williams). Roberts is a solid number 2 and hopefully Floyd steps it up this year. Mendenhall is a good back when healthy and they drafted two solid rookie RB's. Steph Taylor was a workhorse at Stanford and Andre Ellington was lightning at Clemson. I think the biggest offensive addition they added this year is Bruce Arians. The guy is an offensive mastermind. With that said, I agree they are going to struggle against the 9ers and Hawks. Finally, I would take Stafford over Palmer as well. He is younger, more mobile, and huge upside. I was taking some jabs at the simple minded when I was throwing out Palmers career numbers compared to Stafford. It's tough to have a rational discussion when every response is "Palmer sucks dude" and nothing to back their claim. Thank you for not being "that guy".

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was throwing out Palmers career numbers compared to Stafford. It's tough to have a rational discussion when every response is "Palmer sucks dude" and nothing to back their claim. Thank you for not being "that guy".

Ok I get the back and forth and understand sticking up for your guys/team.

And I actually do like the Cards and Rams as I hate the smart ass coaches in San Fran and Seattle. I think the pickups of Ellington and Taylor as good steps. But what I am amazed at is the neglect of the o-line and finding the franchise QB.

Giving up on Kolb was a surprise to me. Until a QB has a decent o-line it is hard to judge. And the Cards gave up a good pick to get Kolb. IMO Palmer was a job grab as he does bring experience and some knowledge. But if the o-line isn't better he will be rolling out and scrambling more than Palmer should. Floyd will be in line for a good season opposite Fitz but if the cards have a hot slot they would be my target in Fantasy as Palmer will need to check down often.

I hope your faith in Mendanhall is worth it he has had some tough mileage in his career already. It would not surprise me if Ellington isn't handling 1/2 the load by game 3.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was throwing out Palmers career numbers compared to Stafford. It's tough to have a rational discussion when every response is "Palmer sucks dude" and nothing to back their claim. Thank you for not being "that guy".

Ok I get the back and forth and understand sticking up for your guys/team.

And I actually do like the Cards and Rams as I hate the smart ass coaches in San Fran and Seattle. I think the pickups of Ellington and Taylor as good steps. But what I am amazed at is the neglect of the o-line and finding the franchise QB.

Giving up on Kolb was a surprise to me. Until a QB has a decent o-line it is hard to judge. And the Cards gave up a good pick to get Kolb. IMO Palmer was a job grab as he does bring experience and some knowledge. But if the o-line isn't better he will be rolling out and scrambling more than Palmer should. Floyd will be in line for a good season opposite Fitz but if the cards have a hot slot they would be my target in Fantasy as Palmer will need to check down often.

I hope your faith in Mendanhall is worth it he has had some tough mileage in his career already. It would not surprise me if Ellington isn't handling 1/2 the load by game 3.
All valid points. As for the o-line, they did draft a stud guard with the 7th pick (Cooper). Their starting left tackle Levi Brown was out for the season last year and he is healthy now. They picked up Eric Winston in free agency as a starting left tackle who is very good. I think they did a lot to address the o-line. Although it's preseason, Palmer hasn't even been hit yet more less sacked which is way more than what they showed in preseason last year.

You are absolutely right about the franchise QB. They haven't had a franchise QB in decades it seems.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck? You said you weren't coming back by to blow Palmer in front of us until week 2. What gives?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals are a solid team actually. Can't hate on them to much.

Problem is Palmer really doesn't love football or winning for that matter. Straight up quitter.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals are a solid team actually. Can't hate on them to much.

Problem is Palmer really doesn't love football or winning for that matter. Straight up quitter.

Their defense is top notch. But.... Exactly what you said.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck? You said you weren't coming back by to blow Palmer in front of us until week 2. What gives?

When someone makes a rational point, I will engage in a discussion. It's hard to communicate with someone on your lower mental level (no offense).

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I had my auction draft and spent a chunk of change on Larry Fitzgerald! Don't make me regret that one Scooby!