• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brian Waters ?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Bryan Broaddus of DallasCowboys.com, the team is showing some interest in G Brian Waters. He was released by the New England Patriots in April after Waters failed to report to the team for the 2012 season. The six-time Pro Bowl selection was a 16-game starter for the Patriots in 2011, including 2 playoff games and the Super Bowl

Shades of N5 copy n paste JFYI on the msn home page here in Dallas

Any thoughts ? He cant be worse than the livings or bernadeaux can he ?

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Bryan Broaddus of DallasCowboys.com, the team is showing some interest in G Brian Waters. He was released by the New England Patriots in April after Waters failed to report to the team for the 2012 season. The six-time Pro Bowl selection was a 16-game starter for the Patriots in 2011, including 2 playoff games and the Super Bowl

Shades of N5 copy n paste JFYI on the msn home page here in Dallas

Any thoughts ? He cant be worse than the livings or bernadeaux can he ?

The guard position is the weakest on the team & is becoming a joke. Drafting a TE in the second round will continue to be the elephant in the room. :confused2: Should have just drafted a elephant....:ohwell:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any specific Elephant ? :agree:

I still don't understand that I just hope escobar becomes a really good tight end

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any specific Elephant ? :agree:

I still don't understand that I just hope escobar becomes a really good tight end

No one specefic, who ever they had at the top of their board in the 2nd round that weighed 300+ lbs...:clap:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like everyday one of these guys is going down. The last thing I want to see is Fredrick move to guard and Costa moved to C. Nothing against Costa, but I was really hoping Fredrick would prove that our scouts and front office actually got something right. Not to say we couldnt have drafted him later, but they actually made a statement and went out and got their guy. Now if it is just temporary then fine. Lines have to shuffle at times. I think we have neglected these positions long enough. We have a good Oline person in Callahan . Waters is definitely intriguing, but I thought the same about Dockery a few yrs back. Im not trying to compare the 2, but I remember being excited to actually have heard a guys name that we signed for Oline. Big Nate seems to like Leary.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like everyday one of these guys is going down. The last thing I want to see is Fredrick move to guard and Costa moved to C. Nothing against Costa, but I was really hoping Fredrick would prove that our scouts and front office actually got something right. Not to say we couldnt have drafted him later, but they actually made a statement and went out and got their guy. Now if it is just temporary then fine. Lines have to shuffle at times. I think we have neglected these positions long enough. We have a good Oline person in Callahan . Waters is definitely intriguing, but I thought the same about Dockery a few yrs back. Im not trying to compare the 2, but I remember being excited to actually have heard a guys name that we signed for Oline. Big Nate seems to like Leary.

I agree with Fredrick playing center, but if they go with best five he would have to move to guard and Costa @ center, unless they bring in a vet like Waters who can hold the other guard spot down opposite of Leary.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have actually always thought Costa does a pretty decent job as well as Kowalowski. Sure it could be better and thats what I was hoping Fred could do

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do it! What's the risk? Somebody will get hurt eventually or just flat out suck. Might as well have another body to throw in there. And if he can return to form, great.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't ever want to see the football in Costa's hands again. IMHO that guy just cant get it done at C
Play Fredrick at Center and find healthy guards to put around him but don't move him around

just my 2 cents

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Costa plays center the season is over as far as playoffs. not only was he a horrible blocker, but he sucks at being a Center as well. Never understood why people want to say he is a quality Olineman. Compared to what? People that suck more than him? Rather play with the best 4 lineman & a scrub Guard than having Costa play Center with the best 5. I say fix the center spot & work your way out. & TE is the farthest out on the line. Still not happy we took yet again another TE in the 2nd rd. :gaah:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Costa plays center the season is over as far as playoffs. not only was he a horrible blocker, but he sucks at being a Center as well. Never understood why people want to say he is a quality Olineman. Compared to what? People that suck more than him? Rather play with the best 4 lineman & a scrub Guard than having Costa play Center with the best 5. I say fix the center spot & work your way out. & TE is the farthest out on the line. Still not happy we took yet again another TE in the 2nd rd. :gaah:

Say what you want but Costa looked good at center last year..... He just couldnt stay healthy.

I said this in another post though. Costa is on a one year deal. Unless he all of a sudden turns into the best center in football he wont be back next year. Cap issues along with having to resign our young guys prevents us from resigning guys like Costa.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want but Costa looked good at center last year..... He just couldnt stay healthy.

I said this in another post though. Costa is on a one year deal. Unless he all of a sudden turns into the best center in football he wont be back next year. Cap issues along with having to resign our young guys prevents us from resigning guys like Costa.
guess we will agree to disagree on his center ability. Saying he is the best center on the team doesn't make him good. (they all sucked)

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has needed OL help for how long now ? Jerry finally started addressing it but IMHO he did not go far enough yet but time will tell I think they should be doing more than just sniffing around with Brian Waters bring him in what can it hurt besides salary cap issues

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess we will agree to disagree on his center ability. Saying he is the best center on the team doesn't make him good. (they all sucked)

I NEVER said he was the best center on the team

I like TF

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has needed OL help for how long now ? Jerry finally started addressing it but IMHO he did not go far enough yet but time will tell I think they should be doing more than just sniffing around with Brian Waters bring him in what can it hurt besides salary cap issues

Isn't the question with Waters is if he has the heart to still play?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the question with Waters is if he has the heart to still play?
but what would it cost us really to check him out? I mean anyone that would be a starter is dealing with injuries right now, so cant even argue that it takes reps away. (still cant believe we didn't draft a guard)

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it all has to do with heart and if he is not up to it then yea time to move along

waiver wire cuts will be coming soon enough might be a diamond out there somewhere

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but what would it cost us really to check him out? I mean anyone that would be a starter is dealing with injuries right now, so cant even argue that it takes reps away. (still cant believe we didn't draft a guard)

Didn't he just fail to show up last year? So sign him for 1 million on whatever his vet min is and he has a change of heart?

LOL that's what it will cost you

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he is a former pro bowler..... he will get some promised money ... just to sign..

It's not going to be a situation where you sign him and 3 days later he says the hell with and you owe him nothing. That just isn't reality