• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brees and Rodgers playoff failures

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the past 10 years, aren't both only around .500 in the playoffs? That's not good but I guess it isn't horrible in the playoffs
You don't have to guess that it isn't "horrible" b/c the facts say that it isn't. Start off with only those Qbs with 10 total playoff games. With that single parameter, Rodgers is 17th overall in all of the QBs in NFL history in playoff winning percentage...according to profootballreference, it goes: Plunkett, Brady, Bradhaw, Aikman, Montana, Warner, Elway, Flacco, Eli, Staubach, Simms, Roethlisberger, Stabler, Young, R.Wilson, McNabb, Rodgers.---and just think that Most of the top 10 of those players (and Wison) had teams with 3 or more HOF players aside from the QB.

Behind Rodgers in the list is P.Manning, Fav-ruh, Brees, Marino, Ryan, Jim Kelly, F.Tarkenton, M.Hasselback, and every other QB with 10 total playoff games on his resume. That means that among active NFL QBs, Rodgers is 3rd in the league in playoff winning % (behind only Brady and R.Wilson). So it is hilariously wrong to say that he is a playoff failure.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to guess that it isn't "horrible" b/c the facts say that it isn't. Start off with only those Qbs with 10 total playoff games. With that single parameter, Rodgers is 17th overall in all of the QBs in NFL history in playoff winning percentage...according to profootballreference, it goes: Plunkett, Brady, Bradhaw, Aikman, Montana, Warner, Elway, Flacco, Eli, Staubach, Simms, Roethlisberger, Stabler, Young, R.Wilson, McNabb, Rodgers.---and just think that Most of the top 10 of those players (and Wison) had teams with 3 or more HOF players aside from the QB.

Behind Rodgers in the list is P.Manning, Fav-ruh, Brees, Marino, Ryan, Jim Kelly, F.Tarkenton, M.Hasselback, and every other QB with 10 total playoff games on his resume. That means that among active NFL QBs, Rodgers is 3rd in the league in playoff winning % (behind only Brady and R.Wilson). So it is hilariously wrong to say that he is a playoff failure.

1-4 in NFCC games, and a 4 game losing streak. His Super Bowl record is spectacular though. He just doesn't get there very often.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. He is....

...They're the two of the three most supremely-skilled quarterbacks to ever grace a football field... but football is not a 1-person sport... it requires 53 guys all working in harmony and coaches tying things together and making the right decisions...

Unfortunately, for Rodgers and Marino and Brees and Manning, they just didn't have a full team collective that was greater than other teams' collectives.
Manning? How many HOFrs and ProBowlers does a guy need?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coulda added Big Ben....
20210125_172543.jpg

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't get me wrong. I think Rodgers and brees should be first ballot hall of famers. No question.

But for their long careers only having 1 sb appearance, there should be some scrutiny. And that's probably why neither are usually in the conversation as best ever. That is usually reserved for multiple SB winners

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-4 in NFCC games, and a 4 game losing streak. His Super Bowl record is spectacular though. He just doesn't get there very often.
Warner and Brady are the only Qb's that have won the SB the first year they started, and now he can do it again if they can beat KC in 2 weeks

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning? How many HOFrs and ProBowlers does a guy need?
Diggs was offered to NE before Buffalo , but Belichick said no thanks. They didn't need any help on last or this years roster stacked with WR threats :L

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs was offered to NE before Buffalo , but Belichick said no thanks. They didn't need any help on last or this years roster stacked with WR threats :L
Wouldn't have mattered, it's not as if Cam could've gotten him the ball.

I can't believe there is speculation Cam could be a Pat next year. Did BB and co not see he has some mechanical issues from that surgery? The guy is done unless they can change his throwing motion.

I will be sick to my stomach if Cam is anywhere on the roster next season.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't have mattered, it's not as if Cam could've gotten him the ball.

I can't believe there is speculation Cam could be a Pat next year. Did BB and co not see he has some mechanical issues from that surgery? The guy is done unless they can change his throwing motion.

I will be sick to my stomach if Cam is anywhere on the roster next season.
Point is Belichick needs to get his shit together. First WR he picks in the first round in 21 years is N'Keal Harry and passed on Metcalf, Samuels ,Brown and he swung and missed

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is Belichick needs to get his shit together. First WR he picks in the first round in 21 years is N'Keal Harry and passed on Metcalf, Samuels ,Brown and he swung and missed
You won't get an arguement from me there. With his track record I'd much rather see him dabble in the WR FA pool as opposed to drafting one.

Or sign a late rounder or UDFA he seems to do better with them.

Would love to see Pitts drop to #15 but don't think that will happen. He's basically a WR in a TEs body who's a fairly good blocker. BB does ok with TEs minus this last fiasco. Then again how much of that was Cam or a pissy TB?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't get an arguement from me there. With his track record I'd much rather see him dabble in the WR FA pool as opposed to drafting one.

Or sign a late rounder or UDFA he seems to do better with them.

Would love to see Pitts drop to #15 but don't think that will happen. He's basically a WR in a TEs body who's a fairly good blocker. BB does ok with TEs minus this last fiasco. Then again how much of that was Cam or a pissy TB?
I don't blame TB cause I would be pissy too. Belichick has no loyalty and guys gave up on him. He lied when he said he would play Butler in 2nd half of SB, but BB the god decided not too and they lost the SB. Not saying they would have won, but Butler saved his ass in the SB with Seattle, when Seahawks moved the ball 72 yards on 3 plays, up 4 with barely anytime left. Gronk gave up on Bill and so did Brady all last season, not going to OTA's . Why give 100 % when your coach will sell your teammates/friends/brothers down river with no word or concern for team.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame TB cause I would be pissy too. Belichick has no loyalty and guys gave up on him. He lied when he said he would play Butler in 2nd half of SB, but BB the god decided not too and they lost the SB. Not saying they would have won, but Butler saved his ass in the SB with Seattle, when Seahawks moved the ball 72 yards on 3 plays, up 4 with barely anytime left. Gronk gave up on Bill and so did Brady all last season, not going to OTA's . Why give 100 % when your coach will sell your teammates/friends/brothers down river with no word or concern for team.
Like you we don't know what the outcome would've been?

But being retired military I do appreciate his discipline. Butler knew the rules and selfishly hurt the team.

On the other hand BBs arrogance is sickening. But he's a proven winner. So we accept it.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just stopped by to see how many BS ratings Derski gave out.

I've gotten several from him after Rodgers poor game yesterday. But it wasn't Aaron's fault that he didn't see wide open receivers, wide open running lanes, had poor pocket presence, took too many sacks, and then threw his coach under the bus after the game. Aaron had nothing to do with all of that so I'll get another BS rating now.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotten several from him after Rodgers poor game yesterday. But it wasn't Aaron's fault that he didn't see wide open receivers, wide open running lanes, had poor pocket presence, took too many sacks, and then threw his coach under the bus after the game. Aaron had nothing to do with all of that so I'll get another BS rating now.
There aren't anymore excuses to hide behind. He's 1-4 in conf title games. Sadly Rodgers will never man up and take blame.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m with all of that

but the coach

that guy belongs under a bus with that performance

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this.
The Patriots had WR Jordan Suell (Southern Oregon) in for a tryout. Suell (6-foot-5, 205 pounds) had success in the Las Vegas-based developmental Spring League with 3 TDs before play was halted, and is a candidate for a future contract for 2021. Suell totaled 27 touchdowns at Southern Oregon, totaling 21,84 receiving yards, but went undrafted in 2020 and didn't hook on with any team as an undrafted free agent.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this.
The Patriots had WR Jordan Suell (Southern Oregon) in for a tryout. Suell (6-foot-5, 205 pounds) had success in the Las Vegas-based developmental Spring League with 3 TDs before play was halted, and is a candidate for a future contract for 2021. Suell totaled 27 touchdowns at Southern Oregon, totaling 21,84 receiving yards, but went undrafted in 2020 and didn't hook on with any team as an undrafted free agent.
Sorry wrong thread for this.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m with all of that

but the coach

that guy belongs under a bus with that performance
Rodgers was 6-9-1 the season before Lafleur came on. The team was 13-3 last 2 seasons under him, with 2 NFCG, think bus is a little severe