• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brees and Rodgers playoff failures

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has now won as many NFC Championships as Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers.

This doesn't speak so much to TB as it does Brees and Rodgers of course. But should we consider their playoff resumes as failures? I do.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I addressed this with "This doesn't speak so much to TB". But if Grossman, Kaep and Jaws is sets the bar, then maybe you are suggesting Rodgers and Brees are playoff failures.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to look at Rodgers and point to Green Bays D as a reason fir his losses. After all the Packers D has given up 130 pts in his 4 NFC title game losses. However the Packers offense has been really awful early in those games causing them to get behind huge early ( GB has been outscored 72-10 in the first half of the last 3 title games)

Brees is a bit more forgivable as NO has had some really crazy losses in the playoffs from the Minnesota miracle to the 2 blatantly obvious blown calls that cost them games the MN and LA

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers needed to get the ball in the end zone on first and goal...twice...

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to look at Rodgers and point to Green Bays D as a reason fir his losses. After all the Packers D has given up 130 pts in his 4 NFC title game losses. However the Packers offense has been really awful early in those games causing them to get behind huge early ( GB has been outscored 72-10 in the first half of the last 3 title games)

Brees is a bit more forgivable as NO has had some really crazy losses in the playoffs from the Minnesota miracle to the 2 blatantly obvious blown calls that cost them games the MN and LA
The one NFCCG game brees won was when he was playing for a team thats defensive players were intentionally trying to injure other team. They also benefited from more than one questionable call down the stretch, including face guarding which our LB had the audacity to put his arms up while in pass protection (the horror).

I'm not sure which blown call cost them the game in MN? The Rudolph TD? I suppose it could've been OPI, but it was some mutual hand fighting going on. Did it cost New Orleans the game? debatable. MN could've still scored a TD next play, Kicked FG and stopped New orleans next drive, hard to say. You know what cost new orleans the game? Saints turning ball over multiple times and being completely unable to move the ball until second half

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I addressed this with "This doesn't speak so much to TB". But if Grossman, Kaep and Jaws is sets the bar, then maybe you are suggesting Rodgers and Brees are playoff failures.

I think Rodgers and Brees can be labeled playoff failures actually

IMO more Brees simply because Brees had better rosters mostly and def the far better coach in his time

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is modern version of Dan Marino

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is modern version of Dan Marino
Yes. He is....

...They're the two of the three most supremely-skilled quarterbacks to ever grace a football field... but football is not a 1-person sport... it requires 53 guys all working in harmony and coaches tying things together and making the right decisions...

Unfortunately, for Rodgers and Marino and Brees and Manning, they just didn't have a full team collective that was greater than other teams' collectives.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call either QB a playoff failure, and particularly not Rodgers. The numbers back that up.

AR has the 10th most playoff wins of any QB ever, so it's a stretch to call him a playoff failure b/c by that definition, the great majority of QBs are playoff failures. While he is tied for the 5th most playoff losses ever, he is tied with Roethlisberger and Brees and has only 2 fewer losses than Brady.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the past 10 years, aren't both only around .500 in the playoffs? That's not good but I guess it isn't horrible in the playoffs

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AR is 1-4 in Championship Games. That's abysmal.

Everything was lined up for him this year. And splat. You look at his stat line yesterday. Looks great! But a loss. That's Aaron Rodgers.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. He is....

...They're the two of the three most supremely-skilled quarterbacks to ever grace a football field... but football is not a 1-person sport... it requires 53 guys all working in harmony and coaches tying things together and making the right decisions...

Unfortunately, for Rodgers and Marino and Brees and Manning, they just didn't have a full team collective that was greater than other teams' collectives.

And though we might not want to admit it, luck is as big of a factor as any with regard to who wins in the playoffs.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad there's more to being a great QB than rolling to the right and chucking it hard down the sideline. Because Rodgers has that move down.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything was lined up for him this year. And splat. You look at his stat line yesterday. Looks great! But a loss. That's Aaron Rodgers.

Can’t argue with that

Brady did everything he possibly could to lose that game for his team, and Rodgers didn’t capitalize

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a team game. Rodgers didn't let a WR get behind him when they were 40 yards out with 6 seconds left in the half.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has now won as many NFC Championships as Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers.

This doesn't speak so much to TB as it does Brees and Rodgers of course. But should we consider their playoff resumes as failures? I do.
I think it speaks to Brady's ability to be successful, and to the difficulty of winning championships, much more than it speaks to Brees or Rodger's abilities.

Sorry I had to give you a facepalm, but I just don't see it that black and white.